Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

I had seen this commercial quite a few times before I noticed something. What's up with the white chick in the background?

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/tE1b/eggo-homest...-tiny-dino

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2022, 12:36 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-01-2022, 03:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Johnny Depp for the win.

Yea, and Amber is crying foul about how this sets back women's believability during this kind of a case. Of course it does, and it would have helped if you hadn't gotten caught bold faced lying more than a few times. Abusers everywhere thank you for your service Ms Heard.

As a followup, she can't pay the money that was ordered by the court. So I guess her only cost here was to her reputation, which was already in the toilet. Again, well played.

Personally, I hope neither of them ever get another acting gig, but that's wishful thinking for sure.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2022, 01:38 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-04-2022, 11:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I had seen this commercial quite a few times before I noticed something. What's up with the white chick in the background?

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/tE1b/eggo-homest...-tiny-dino

Mixed race couples/friends is all the rage now in advertising. Its the only way advertisers can bring the White consumer (roughly 80% of the population) back in the marketing picture and avoid being branded as racist. And even in these types of commercials, Blacks are the principles, smart and sophisticated, while White males in particular are secondary players, being portrayed as clueless buffoons, or are absent altogether. In this commercial, MadAve seems to be checking either the mixed race lesbo box, or the mixed race best friends box. Of course, I suppose the White chick could also be the au pair or nanny. Symbolic slavery reversal.

Order of importance/relevance in today's typical commercial:
Black woman
Black man
Asian/Indian woman
White woman
Hispanic woman
Asian/Indian man
Hispanic man
White man

(Adding LGBTQ to any category above moves them at least one ranking above thier straight counterpart)

Watch any cross section of TV on any platform and tell me I'm not almost totally right.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2022, 02:42 AM by The Drifter. Edited 1 time in total.)

It's 2:37 am, can't sleep (well, I did get about 4 hours in so far) so here I am, scrolling through the message board, drinking a coke, and eating Spaghettios with meatballs right out of the can.... Such is my life tonight..... Oh, I'll get some more sleep later I hope.......
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

The appearance of the queen on the last day of the jubilee was marvelous.

We had a flash flood on the back nine on Friday night/Saturday morning.  Man what a mess.  All of the tees and greens are elevated back there but some of the fairways still have a bunch of debris on them.  If nothing else, I guess the timing was good.  We're closed Monday and Tuesday for green aeration and general maintenance.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-05-2022, 12:16 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The appearance of the queen on the last day of the jubilee was marvelous.

She's NEVER giving up that throne.  I think she wants to be buried sitting in it!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(06-06-2022, 08:39 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 12:16 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The appearance of the queen on the last day of the jubilee was marvelous.

She's NEVER giving up that throne.  I think she wants to be buried sitting in it!

She’s trying to outlive that milquetoast son of hers.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(06-07-2022, 12:24 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(06-06-2022, 08:39 PM)Sneakers Wrote: She's NEVER giving up that throne.  I think she wants to be buried sitting in it!

She’s trying to outlive that milquetoast son of hers.

+1 for the milquetoast reference.. another +1 for using it in a sentence..

I'll just have to owe you a +1 somewhere on another post lol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

More gang violence coming to Jacksonville.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2022...d-the-904/

(06-07-2022, 02:32 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 12:24 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: She’s trying to outlive that milquetoast son of hers.

+1 for the milquetoast reference.. another +1 for using it in a sentence..

I'll just have to owe you a +1 somewhere on another post lol

Some words just fit better than others!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 06-08-2022, 10:34 AM by RicoTx. Edited 2 times in total.)

I [BLEEP] up my toe and foot at work Sunday, out of pure carelessness/stupidity.  No...alcohol was not involved.  I'm 91% sure that my big toe is broken, which I can deal with..  The worst is my arch.  Honestly, with what happened, i'm thankful this is 'all' that's wrong.  I was scared I had another situation like I had when I screwed up my right ankle in 2019.  But it was pointing in the proper direction afterwards.

Sitting in the waiting room at the podiatrist right now.  We'll see what's up.

(06-08-2022, 10:30 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I [BLEEP] up my toe and foot at work Sunday, out of pure carelessness/stupidity.  No...alcohol was not involved.  I'm 91% sure that my big toe is broken, which I can deal with..  The worst is my arch.  Honestly, with what happened, i'm thankful this is 'all' that's wrong.  I was scared I had another situation like I had when I screwed up my right ankle in 2019.  But it was pointing in the proper direction afterwards.

Does this incident involve someone else having to visit their proctologist?

(06-08-2022, 10:30 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I [BLEEP] up my toe and foot at work Sunday, out of pure carelessness/stupidity.  No...alcohol was not involved.  I'm 91% sure that my big toe is broken, which I can deal with..  The worst is my arch.  Honestly, with what happened, i'm thankful this is 'all' that's wrong.  I was scared I had another situation like I had when I screwed up my right ankle in 2019.  But it was pointing in the proper direction afterwards.

Damn dude! 

You're supposed to be taking it easy!

What starter/ranger duty lead to this?

(06-08-2022, 12:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Damn dude! 

I was dangling my left foot out of the cart while I was driving along, like I have a million times.  Got too close to the curb because I was watching the dude aerate green #2.  My sneaker caught the curb and pulled my foot under the side of the cart.  Like I said, just plain stupid.

Update is, I just got back from the podiatrist and I'm in a boot.  Pretty much shattered my big toe.  Podiatrist said there so many breaks in it he stopped counting.  On a positive note...my arch is just a strain and should feel better in a couple of weeks.  Toe should take 8-10 weeks to heal.

So let that be a lesson to you kids...keep all limbs inside the cart while cart is in motion.

They should put that warning in the carts.  Oh...wait...

Oh snap.

I've been guilty of that ill advised move many times.
Must rethink my cavalier foot dangling.

Hope you heal quickly!

Ouch. I’ll keep my foot on the floorboard from now on.

(06-08-2022, 01:28 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(06-08-2022, 12:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Damn dude! 

I was dangling my left foot out of the cart while I was driving along, like I have a million times.  Got too close to the curb because I was watching the dude aerate green #2.  My sneaker caught the curb and pulled my foot under the side of the cart.  Like I said, just plain stupid.

Update is, I just got back from the podiatrist and I'm in a boot.  Pretty much shattered my big toe.  Podiatrist said there so many breaks in it he stopped counting.  On a positive note...my arch is just a strain and should feel better in a couple of weeks.  Toe should take 8-10 weeks to heal.

So let that be a lesson to you kids...keep all limbs inside the cart while cart is in motion.

get better soon...sounds like you have an alibi when you stumble into work tomorrow

(This post was last modified: 06-08-2022, 05:17 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-08-2022, 04:27 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(06-08-2022, 01:28 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I was dangling my left foot out of the cart while I was driving along, like I have a million times.  Got too close to the curb because I was watching the dude aerate green #2.  My sneaker caught the curb and pulled my foot under the side of the cart.  Like I said, just plain stupid.

get better soon...sounds like you have an alibi when you stumble into work tomorrow

Been here since I posted the first message.   Big Grin

Makes for a good conversation with the golfers.

Let me upfront and clear.. This may be the most important and inspiring idea I've shared to date with you all.

We have a major problem in today's society..

Let's talk about the elephant in the room when it comes to certain things involving all of us at one point or another.

Let's talk about how we need a law enacted and enforced for this certain crime against humanity..

Let's talk about fast food and bag fries..

Ever wonder why when you send your wife out for drive thru, and she gets home and you both begin to display your food out in front of you.
But, you notice something.. Something, not quite right.

Your fries are about half gone, and her fries are jam packed in the box, all golden and hot, and your fries are half gone and cold..

You ask what happened? While you gaze at this sad excuse of a once delicious pipe dream..

And she says, hey, they were bag fries.. I said whatcha mean?

She said it was a fry tax for driving to go get dinner..

I mean, I'm the one paying for the dinner anyway, I need to be fry taxed on top of it as well?!?!

I might have my own boston tea party right here in the st johns river..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]