Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(06-09-2022, 10:07 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Let me upfront and clear.. This may be the most important and inspiring idea I've shared to date with you all.

We have a major problem in today's society..

Let's talk about the elephant in the room when it comes to certain things involving all of us at one point or another.

Let's talk about how we need a law enacted and enforced for this certain crime against humanity..

Let's talk about fast food and bag fries..

Ever wonder why when you send your wife out for drive thru, and she gets home and you both begin to display your food out in front of you.
But, you notice something.. Something, not quite right.

Your fries are about half gone, and her fries are jam packed in the box, all golden and hot, and your fries are half gone and cold..

You ask what happened? While you gaze at this sad excuse of a once delicious pipe dream..

And she says, hey, they were bag fries.. I said whatcha mean?

She said it was a fry tax for driving to go get dinner..

I mean, I'm the one paying for the dinner anyway, I need to be fry taxed on top of it as well?!?!

I might have my own boston tea party right here in the st johns river..

The food bag goes straight to my floorboard under my left leg until we get home. If she wants fries I'll pass her some.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-09-2022, 10:07 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Let me upfront and clear.. This may be the most important and inspiring idea I've shared to date with you all.

Let's talk about the elephant in the room when it comes to certain things involving all of us at one point or another.

Let's talk about how we need a law enacted and enforced for this certain crime against humanity..

Ever wonder why when you send your wife out for drive thru, and she gets home and you both begin to display your food out in front of you.

Your fries are about half gone, and her fries are jam packed in the box, all golden and hot, and your fries are half gone and cold..

You ask what happened? While you gaze at this sad excuse of a once delicious pipe dream..

I mean, I'm the one paying for the dinner anyway, I need to be fry taxed on top of it as well?!?!

If it's a long drive or traffic is jammed up, I get it, that's a lot of frustration. Get smart and order a second fry to account for your tax bracket.
Or, try pulling that off when you pick up the food. I doubt it ends well, either.

Just ask her, " Honey, you think you might send some of those fries to your breasts, your butt is plenty big already?"
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Rookie mistake!

In my family, we have "car fries" which is a medium fry to split between the people in the car. This way, when you get home, everyone still has the fries they ordered AND the people in the car can munch.

(06-10-2022, 09:20 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Rookie mistake!

In my family, we have "car fries" which is a medium fry to split between the people in the car. This way, when you get home, everyone still has the fries they ordered AND the people in the car can munch.

I honestly can't remember the last time I had fast food or went to a drive-in window, besides Starbucks.

Although I could probably be a major stockholder in a few fast food chains from all my purchases throughout my life.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-10-2022, 09:26 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 09:20 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Rookie mistake!

I honestly can't remember the last time I had fast food or went to a drive-in window, besides Starbucks.

Although I could probably be a major stockholder in a few fast food chains from all my purchases throughout my life.
I got a 6 year old and a 4 year old. Chick Fila always calling!

(06-10-2022, 09:26 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 09:20 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Rookie mistake!

God, me too.  I remember years back when I was single, I was eating 3 meals a day from fast food drive throughs.  I avoided milk shakes and French fries, though.   I stuck to Whoppers and Fish Filet sandwiches, egg and cheese croissants.  I'm sure I've eaten a thousand Whoppers with cheese.

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2022, 10:20 AM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-10-2022, 09:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 09:26 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I honestly can't remember the last time I had fast food or went to a drive-in window, besides Starbucks.

God, me too.  I remember years back when I was single, I was eating 3 meals a day from fast food drive throughs.  I avoided milk shakes and French fries, though.   I stuck to Whoppers and Fish Filet sandwiches, egg and cheese croissants.  I'm sure I've eaten a thousand Whoppers with cheese.

I used to do my 'econo-lunch' when I was working in PA because we had a BK within five minutes of the office.  Two cheeseburgers, small fry, small soda.  That's back when it was actually cheap.  I could get outta there for less than $3.

This is one of those "Doesn't it always happen that way" Stories. Early last year, I ordered a set of the first 7 seasons of Chicago PD. After seeing it for the first time in like season 5, it quickly became one of my favorite TV shows........ Well..... Somewhere along the line my season 2 disk went missing, no matter where I looked, I couldn't find it so..... I finally broke down and ordered a new season 2 disk so the set would be complete once more. (I think Y'all can see where this is headed) So, the new disk arrives in the mail and I put it with the other disk. Later that day, LO AND BEHOLD, I need to move my printer stand for some reasom and wht do I find? You guessed it, my original season 2 disk from the series..... Was I mad? Nah, sort of chuckled a little bit about it so..... At least now I have a backup season 2 disk if I ever need it.......
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Jaguars reporter Ashlyn Sullivan freelances, I guess. She's conducting interviews at a Korn Ferry event (minor league golf) for NBC Sports. It is dead time in football, though.

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2022, 06:03 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-10-2022, 09:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Jaguars reporter Ashlyn Sullivan freelances, I guess. She's conducting interviews at a Korn Ferry event (minor league golf) for NBC Sports. It is dead time in football, though.

I like her.  She and Shadrick are both very good at what they do for the Jags.

Speaking of the Korn Ferry Tour, I wouldn't mind going to one of their tournaments.  I'd bet the ticket prices are pretty low, and of course it would not be very crowded.  I'd like to attend an LPGA Tour event, too, for the same reason.

(06-11-2022, 06:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 09:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Jaguars reporter Ashlyn Sullivan freelances, I guess. She's conducting interviews at a Korn Ferry event (minor league golf) for NBC Sports. It is dead time in football, though.

I like her.  She and Shadrick are both very good at what they do for the Jags.

Speaking of the Korn Ferry Tour, I wouldn't mind going to one of their tournaments.  I'd bet the ticket prices are pretty low, and of course it would not be very crowded.  I'd like to attend an LPGA Tour event, too, for the same reason.

I attended a Korn Ferry tournament in Kansas while working there. We didn’t pay. It was the last day and they just let everyone in. Martin Piller won the tournament. 
Me and my son were going to attend the last Korn Ferry tournament here in Jacksonville but it was canceled due to COVID, I believe. 

There’s an LPGA tournament played in Ocala every couple of years. I would like to check that out eventually.

(06-11-2022, 07:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-11-2022, 06:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I like her.  She and Shadrick are both very good at what they do for the Jags.

I attended a Korn Ferry tournament in Kansas while working there. We didn’t pay. It was the last day and they just let everyone in. Martin Piller won the tournament. 
Me and my son were going to attend the last Korn Ferry tournament here in Jacksonville but it was canceled due to COVID, I believe. 

There’s an LPGA tournament played in Ocala every couple of years. I would like to check that out eventually.

Totally off subject...well, not totally.  I have a friend that used to work as a clubhouse attendant at the TPC.  He used to be able to get us on the courses for a not too outrageous rate.  We played The Valley Course when they had it set up for a Hooters Tour event, when that was one of the 'minor league tours'.  Long story even longer...I have never seen rough like that in my life.  The first hole I rolled my ball a few feet off of the fairway and never found it.  Then...I won't even talk about trying to actually hit the ball out of that [BLEEP].

We finished playing and went back into the clubhouse to talk to him.  We asked him, dude...why didn't you tell us about that.  All we got was an evil snicker.

(06-11-2022, 08:44 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(06-11-2022, 07:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I attended a Korn Ferry tournament in Kansas while working there. We didn’t pay. It was the last day and they just let everyone in. Martin Piller won the tournament. 

Totally off subject...well, not totally.  I have a friend that used to work as a clubhouse attendant at the TPC.  He used to be able to get us on the courses for a not too outrageous rate.  We played The Valley Course when they had it set up for a Hooters Tour event, when that was one of the 'minor league tours'.  Long story even longer...I have never seen rough like that in my life.  The first hole I rolled my ball a few feet off of the fairway and never found it.  Then...I won't even talk about trying to actually hit the ball out of that [BLEEP].

We finished playing and went back into the clubhouse to talk to him.  We asked him, dude...why didn't you tell us about that.  All we got was an evil snicker.

I think most people, not talking about you of course, but most people, just don't realize how good professional golfers are.

(06-11-2022, 08:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-11-2022, 08:44 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Totally off subject...well, not totally.  I have a friend that used to work as a clubhouse attendant at the TPC.  He used to be able to get us on the courses for a not too outrageous rate.  We played The Valley Course when they had it set up for a Hooters Tour event, when that was one of the 'minor league tours'.  Long story even longer...I have never seen rough like that in my life.  The first hole I rolled my ball a few feet off of the fairway and never found it.  Then...I won't even talk about trying to actually hit the ball out of that [BLEEP].

I think most people, not talking about you of course, but most people, just don't realize how good professional golfers are.

My old college roommate is now a rules official for the PGA tour. 
Whenever we meet, i make him tell me stories about course set up, rough cutting schedules, green rolling, pin placements, and in tournament rulings. They have to go out of their way at certain courses to make it difficult so players are not 30 under on Sunday. 
It's fascinating and yes, most ppl absolutely don't realize how good these players are.

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2022, 09:31 AM by homebiscuit.)

Arnold Palmer was a strict believer that rough had to be exactly that. The rough at Bay Hill must be absolute hell because I've heard players comment on how difficult it is to deal with.

(06-11-2022, 09:24 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-11-2022, 08:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think most people, not talking about you of course, but most people, just don't realize how good professional golfers are.

My old college roommate is now a rules official for the PGA tour. 
Whenever we meet, i make him tell me stories about course set up, rough cutting schedules, green rolling, pin placements, and in tournament rulings. They have to go out of their way at certain courses to make it difficult so players are not 30 under on Sunday. 
It's fascinating and yes, most ppl absolutely don't realize how good these players are.

The USGA accomplishes that by simply not watering the greens.

Well I did something I never thought I'd do.. My coffee maker burnt out on me yesterday. I was a pretty loyal Mr. Coffee brand user. I bought maybe 4-5 of them for the last 10-15 years.

I decided on buying a Keurig.. Wow, majorly impressed. Bought one of those mixed boxes of K-Cup flavored coffees to go with it.

Krispy Kreme coffee kinda rocks!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(06-11-2022, 10:21 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Well I did something I never thought I'd do.. My coffee maker burnt out on me yesterday. I was a pretty loyal Mr. Coffee brand user. I bought maybe 4-5 of them for the last 10-15 years.

I decided on buying a Keurig.. Wow, majorly impressed. Bought one of those mixed boxes of K-Cup flavored coffees to go with it.

Krispy Kreme coffee kinda rocks!

We've been using Keurig's for years.  You can't beat the convenience, especially in a household with varying flavor preferences.  I use the refillable pods a lot.  Custom blend for strength when you need a real eyeopener!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I think my weed is gay..

The pre-rolls I got from curaleaf has the rainbow flag printed on the filters..

I like gay weed now..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(06-11-2022, 10:52 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I think my weed is gay..

The pre-rolls I got from curaleaf has the rainbow flag printed on the filters..

I like gay weed now..
Dude, the dispensaries are so expensive. Over double black market for the same quality and strains.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.