Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(07-30-2022, 06:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I mowed the lawn around 10:30 this morning and sweated my rear off. I want to do something but I’m askeered to go back outside.

I was outside doing something for about 15 minutes and my clothes were drenched as if I'd been swimming. We were supposed to get rain yesterday that was to bring cooler temps but it went north of us so we're still mid to upper 90s with heat index around 103° with more to come this week. 

Our electric bill for July is $209 and everytime we go outside we get swamp [BLEEP]. So ready for winter. A nice cold winter. With snow. Yes....I like it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Note to self:  Hand sanitizer gets really hot when you leave it in the truck.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-31-2022, 03:37 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(07-30-2022, 06:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I mowed the lawn around 10:30 this morning and sweated my rear off. I want to do something but I’m askeered to go back outside.

I was outside doing something for about 15 minutes and my clothes were drenched as if I'd been swimming. We were supposed to get rain yesterday that was to bring cooler temps but it went north of us so we're still mid to upper 90s with heat index around 103° with more to come this week. 

Our electric bill for July is $209 and everytime we go outside we get swamp [BLEEP]. So ready for winter. A nice cold winter. With snow. Yes....I like it.

Snow? Easy now, Missy. Let's not overreact here. 

This weather reminds me of a summer we lived in an old Kansas farmhouse. It was ungodly hot. I had been through lots of other Kansas summers without air conditioning but this one was brutal. I remember the bank sign in town showing 112° and discussing with my brother the inability to completely slake our thirst. No matter how much water we drank we were always thirsty. There's no way I could survive that now. I've become too accustomed to the pampered life of air conditioning.

Oh, yes friend. Snow

I have also become accustomed to central air conditioning. My parents rarely ran the air conditioner. Maybe in July and August, and when they did it was set at 79°. It's funny how that actually felt good after sweating our weight off while playing outside. We ate so much watermelon I can't even stand it now but it was cold and delicious and kept us hydrated.

Did something that I hadn’t done for a while. Played 36…and survived. Played early this morning. Wife went out for a while so I went back this afternoon.

This is pretty cool. Not click bait at all. I like how he actually explains what happened and shows it in slow motion to so we can see what we would miss otherwise since things can happen in milliseconds. 

If it were not filmed, nobody would believe │ 7 Impossible Moments in Cycling

Link

(08-01-2022, 06:59 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Did something that I hadn’t done for a while.  Played 36…and survived.  Played early this morning.  Wife went out for a while so I went back this afternoon.

Did something I hadn't done in a while.  Played 18.............and didn't lose a single ball!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2022, 07:42 PM by Jags.)

(08-02-2022, 07:39 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(08-01-2022, 06:59 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Did something that I hadn’t done for a while.  Played 36…and survived.  Played early this morning.  Wife went out for a while so I went back this afternoon.

Did something I hadn't done in a while.  Played 18.............and didn't lose a single ball!
Putt Putt is Awesome!!!

(08-02-2022, 07:41 PM)Jags Wrote:
(08-02-2022, 07:39 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Did something I hadn't done in a while.  Played 18.............and didn't lose a single ball!
Putt Putt is Awesome!!!

You just need the right club.

[Image: 907a4c86c464ad72ba0a0b0a0ce29b5f.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2022, 07:12 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-02-2022, 08:07 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(08-02-2022, 07:41 PM)Jags Wrote: Putt Putt is Awesome!!!

You just need the right club.

[Image: 907a4c86c464ad72ba0a0b0a0ce29b5f.jpg]

This is the club I use 
[Image: 40c6d166-6e75-4c42-a263-1271b92650bc_1.9...nBg=FFFFFF]

I keep it in my 92 s10

Got my Recliner all set for Football Season........

[Image: IMG_0654_1_.JPG]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

It's fun  to learn another language..........

[Image: hump.jpg]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(08-02-2022, 07:39 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

If I play Eagle Landing in Orange Park, I can get by without losing a ball.  That course is so much fun, because you can whale away off the tee because the fairways are so wide.  But I also play a course in North Carolina called Sequoyah, and I lose 6 or 8 balls per round there.  So I just plan to lose a bunch of balls when I play there.  The golf balls I buy cost about a dollar each on average, so it's not too bad.

(08-04-2022, 12:21 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Got my Recliner all set for Football Season........

Where did you get that?

I have gifted many Kirkland golf balls to future archeologists.

(08-05-2022, 06:14 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I have gifted many Kirkland golf balls to future archeologists.

I love those Kirkland golf balls.

(08-05-2022, 05:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-02-2022, 07:39 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Did something I hadn't done in a while.  Played 18.............and didn't lose a single ball!

If I play Eagle Landing in Orange Park, I can get by without losing a ball.  That course is so much fun, because you can whale away off the tee because the fairways are so wide.  But I also play a course in North Carolina called Sequoyah, and I lose 6 or 8 balls per round there.  So I just plan to lose a bunch of balls when I play there.  The golf balls I buy cost about a dollar each on average, so it's not too bad.

I’ve probably got 200 good golf balls and another 50 scuffed ones from working at the course.  The only ones that I’m losing are just being re-lost.

Banana

(08-05-2022, 05:55 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-04-2022, 12:21 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Got my Recliner all set for Football Season........

Where did you get that?

The Jaguars Official Store........

Here's the link: https://shop.jaguars.com/teal-jacksonvil...r4c0:po-12

(08-05-2022, 06:14 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I have gifted many Kirkland golf balls to future archeologists.

Golf balls should be thought of as rentals, rather than purchases.

(08-05-2022, 10:54 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

Golf balls should be thought of as rentals, rather than purchases.

Yeah, that's true about golf balls...... BUt let me tell you, there is another thing in life that should be considered a rental..... Any Beer Drinker you know (and I know thjere are quite a few here on this message board) will tell you..... You, that you don't buy beer, your just rent it......Think about all those trips to the toilet and then you'll understand....... LOL