Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

When people in movies are knocked unconscious or almost dead, why do they always wake up coughing?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2022, 11:57 AM by americus 2.0.)

Good grief. Even plug-in air fresheners have a chip in them now.

(09-07-2022, 11:33 AM)RicoTx Wrote: When people in movies are knocked unconscious or almost dead, why do they always wake up coughing?

Likely a reflex of the body trying to recalibrate and stabilize itself.

As my buddy Brad used to say, “Because it’s in the script!”

(09-07-2022, 11:33 AM)RicoTx Wrote: When people in movies are knocked unconscious or almost dead, why do they always wake up coughing?

Probably caught a cold while their immune system was compromised.

(09-07-2022, 06:35 PM)Jags Wrote:

Probably caught a cold while their immune system was compromised.

LOL

Beware of owning chickens........ LOL

[Image: cbelt.jpg]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(09-08-2022, 04:29 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Beware of owning chickens........ LOL

[Image: cbelt.jpg]

So it was [BLEEP] blocked?

So the chicken got choked by a belt..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-08-2022, 07:13 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So the chicken got choked by a belt..

Was the chicken’s name Robin Williams?  Asking for a friend.

(09-08-2022, 07:39 PM)Jags Wrote:

Richard Cranium..

(09-08-2022, 07:41 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-08-2022, 07:39 PM)Jags Wrote: Was the chicken’s name Robin Williams?  Asking for a friend.

Richard Cranium..

…I’ll let him know. Thanks for the prompt reply.

(09-08-2022, 07:39 PM)Jags Wrote:

That's cold , man.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I’m mowing my lawn midday to beat the rain. Damn, it’s hot. It poured here for hours last night and the ground is soft enough to make pushing the mower a chore in some spots on the lawn. This has been a bad summer because of so much rain. I can’t wait for the rain cycle to stop.

(09-09-2022, 02:09 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m mowing my lawn midday to beat the rain. Damn, it’s hot. It poured here for hours last night and the ground is soft enough to make pushing the mower a chore in some spots on the lawn. This has been a bad summer because of so much rain. I can’t wait for the rain cycle to stop.

Getting dumped on right now in Green Cove.. It'll give me a nice break from watering..

Knock on my door, open it, guy standing there leaned up against the wall with one leg kicked under on the toes, looking at this phone. Without looking up he says, "Hey, how you doing?" then continues to look at his phone for a few more seconds before putting it in his pocket and proceeding with a sales pitch for a doorbell camera. Even if I was interested in what you were selling, you immediately lost the sale. Dumb [BLEEP].

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2022, 04:12 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-09-2022, 03:47 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Knock on my door, open it, guy standing there leaned up against the wall with one leg kicked under on the toes, looking at this phone. Without looking up he says, "Hey, how you doing?" then continues to look at his phone for a few more seconds before putting it in his pocket and proceeding with a sales pitch for a doorbell camera. Even if I was interested in what you were selling, you immediately lost the sale. Dumb [BLEEP].

Makes me love my GSD even more.. I taught her well.. She stays back in my Florida room when someone rings my bell.. Until I say the magic word.. Hound from hell, baby..

Bermuda don't play no games with strangers.. Don't mess with her family or kitties lolol

Pic for reference 
[Image: 20220909-160836.jpg]

(09-09-2022, 02:43 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-09-2022, 02:09 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m mowing my lawn midday to beat the rain. Damn, it’s hot. It poured here for hours last night and the ground is soft enough to make pushing the mower a chore in some spots on the lawn. This has been a bad summer because of so much rain. I can’t wait for the rain cycle to stop.

Getting dumped on right now in Green Cove.. It'll give me a nice break from watering..

Pouring out here at the beach and I was thinking about mowing the lawn.  Oh darn......now I can't do it.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(09-09-2022, 04:05 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-09-2022, 02:43 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Getting dumped on right now in Green Cove.. It'll give me a nice break from watering..

Pouring out here at the beach and I was thinking about mowing the lawn.  Oh darn......now I can't do it.

That almost sounded kinda sarcastic haha

(09-09-2022, 03:56 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-09-2022, 03:47 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Knock on my door, open it, guy standing there leaned up against the wall with one leg kicked under on the toes, looking at this phone. Without looking up he says, "Hey, how you doing?" then continues to look at his phone for a few more seconds before putting it in his pocket and proceeding with a sales pitch for a doorbell camera. Even if I was interested in what you were selling, you immediately lost the sale. Dumb [BLEEP].

Makes me love my GSD even more.. I taught her well.. She stays back in my Florida room when someone rings my bell.. Until I say the magic word.. Hound from hell, baby..

Bermuda don't play no games with strangers.. Don't mess with her family or kitties lolol

Pic for reference 

Nice lookin' dog dude.  I have a shepherd and have had three others prior.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-09-2022, 04:47 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-09-2022, 03:56 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Makes me love my GSD even more.. I taught her well.. She stays back in my Florida room when someone rings my bell.. Until I say the magic word.. Hound from hell, baby..

Pic for reference 

Nice lookin' dog dude.  I have a shepherd and have had three others prior.

Thanks!! Love her to death.. So loyal and family oriented.. My first GSD..