Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-05-2022, 06:05 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I wonder if I sound sincere when I apologize or empathize with people when I’m marshaling out here.  Because I generally don’t give a flying [BLEEP] what they’re complaining about.

Then don't wonder about it, just keep being an insincere overlord mod. It is your prerogative.  Banana

Schlock Movie Night Tonight!!!!! And I have PLENTY of Orville Redenbacher POpcorn on hand too!!!!!!

[Image: IMG_0780_1_.JPG]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(10-05-2022, 06:39 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-05-2022, 06:05 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I wonder if I sound sincere when I apologize or empathize with people when I’m marshaling out here.  Because I generally don’t give a flying [BLEEP] what they’re complaining about.

Then don't wonder about it, just keep being an insincere overlord mod. It is your prerogative.  Banana

The players seem to like me…so I must have them fooled.   Laughing
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2022, 08:02 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-05-2022, 07:23 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-05-2022, 06:39 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Then don't wonder about it, just keep being an insincere overlord mod. It is your prerogative.  Banana

The players seem to like me…so I must have them fooled.   Laughing

It is kinda crazy how much one could not care or even be a touch rude and the other party still like you.  It must be a skill some of us possess. Or it could be a curse.  I’m not sure.  There are times I wonder, what the hell do I have to do in order for this person to leave me alone.  I’d say it could be a needy thing from the other party, but it’s just way too consistent for that to be the case.  I’m guessing it’s not what is said, but the way it’s said. Even using the same words   Still not sure how I feel about the other person not truly understanding the extent to which I don’t give a crap or how much I can’t stand them.  Maybe they’re all just dumb [BLEEP]?

Dude, my ex-husband could tell you off and be a total jerk about it but you wouldn't even realize it until later. It's definitely a mix of personality, words used and how they're said.

I can be a bit blunt. Mostly when I don't mean to be. But sometimes people just say dumb things and I can't help myself. My husband tells me to stop being Captain Obvious and I tell him it's better than being Captain [BLEEP].

That’s too cute.

(10-05-2022, 06:39 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

Cool, think I will then.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

[Image: Copdonut.jpg]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2022, 06:21 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-07-2022, 09:12 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [Image: Copdonut.jpg]

I do find the humor.  But certainly suspicious due to no logo, emblem etc.  just a Tahoe with a “State Police” stripe.  They do have the correct style wheels.

Spent the Afternoon watching a couple of John Wayne movies.... Both of them he played a cop... First one was McQ, a SanFran cop that played by his own rules...... Then it was Brannigan...... A tough Chicago Irish Cop that causes a lot of Mayhem in London trying to get his prey back to the US..... Both good films.....

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2022, 07:57 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 2 times in total.)

So I bought a bottle of this stuff you add to a hot tub before you get in. It's called inSPAration. It's different fragrances and minerals. Didn't know they made that kinda stuff for hot tubs. Just used some that we just got called Hawaiian Sunset. Pretty damn awesome. Smooth skin and smellin great.. I just bought another bottle that my wife wants to try called Cucumber Melon coming on Monday. Cool thing is that you only use a few capfuls. Enough in the $14 bottle for about 10 soaks..

Went to their website to see all their different products and they even have one with CBD in it. Pretty gnarly lol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2022, 09:27 AM by RicoTx.)

55 last night so got the fire pit out last night for its inaugural 2022 usage.  Perfect night for it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

2 new signs for my home bar.....

[Image: IMG_0782_1_.JPG]

[Image: IMG_0783_1_.JPG]

This video is sobering to watch. Mother nature is powerful. What makes it insane is there are people in the house. You can see someone look outside the door around the 4-5 second mark. I can't imagine what they were thinking as time went on. 

Link

(10-11-2022, 09:01 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This video is sobering to watch. Mother nature is powerful. What makes it insane is there are people in the house. You can see someone look outside the door around the 4-5 second mark. I can't imagine what they were thinking as time went on. 

Link

I’m 99.999% sure they were thinking, “I should have evacuated when I had the chance.”

On the bright side, a lot opened up for new development.

(10-11-2022, 09:01 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This video is sobering to watch. Mother nature is powerful. What makes it insane is there are people in the house. You can see someone look outside the door around the 4-5 second mark. I can't imagine what they were thinking as time went on. 

Link

I don't think they survived. Most likely that house came apart as it moved inland and was getting smashed against other houses and trees. What a monumental miscalculation. I would have made a run for that high rise and tried to camp out on the side away from the wind. 3 or more stories up of course. Probably would have been better that what they did.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-11-2022, 10:48 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 09:01 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This video is sobering to watch. Mother nature is powerful. What makes it insane is there are people in the house. You can see someone look outside the door around the 4-5 second mark. I can't imagine what they were thinking as time went on. 

Link

I don't think they survived. Most likely that house came apart as it moved inland and was getting smashed against other houses and trees. What a monumental miscalculation.  I would have made a run for that high rise and tried to camp out on the side away from the wind. 3 or more stories up of course.  Probably would have been better that what they did.

According to the comments from the video poster, the family inside did survive. I don’t know how unless they fled to that high rise.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2022, 02:28 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://twitter.com/KaelanRamos/status/1...ItDFQ&s=19

Oh wow.. Ryan Reynolds is making a documentary about John Candy.. This is so awesome!! I loved John Candy, and Ryan Reynolds is pretty awesome too.. Should be pretty incredible..

https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/stat...mPK-Q&s=19
[Image: SaKG4.gif]