Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(10-31-2022, 08:41 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: We got slammed.. Musta had close to 300 kids. We ran out of candy and we came in and shut off the lights.

Yikes..

ours and our neightbors were the only kids in our neighborhood.

and mikey was super irritable, left work early, got everyone ready to be out and about at 6p, and sat around waiting for half hour for the neighborkids. And then, they drug their butts around the neighborhood so we only got to about half the houses.

and they wonder why so few houses in the neighborhood bother to dole out candy. But, if you ask my wife, I'm the butthorn for wanting to keep things moving and actually visit the folks I knew would be waiting on us.

I think I'm done walking. Next year, buying a bunch of dogs, buns, and cheap beer, and opening up for adults to come by for a cookout. Bring candy for the kids if you want, since drag - [BLEEP] neighbors keep slowing us down each year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I’ve got new people moving in next door. Part of me wants to introduce myself ( be nosy as [BLEEP] and see what kind of people are moving in). The other part of me doesn’t give a [BLEEP] who they are as long as they don’t piss me off. My antisocial personality kicks in and I end up saying a lot of things I probably shouldn’t. Especially when a curveball is thrown at me. I’ll probably [BLEEP] it up(but would I really?) and say “ hi! I’m jags! Welcome to the neighborhood. Then end it with, well, if you need anything, anything at all, there’s plenty of stores down the way.

(11-01-2022, 04:58 PM)Jags Wrote: I’ve got new people moving in next door.  Part of me wants to introduce myself ( be nosy as [BLEEP] and see what kind of people are moving in).  The other part of me doesn’t give a [BLEEP] who they are as long as they don’t piss me off.  My antisocial personality kicks in and I end up saying a lot of things I probably shouldn’t.  Especially when a curveball is thrown at me.    I’ll probably [BLEEP] it up(but would I really?) and say “ hi! I’m jags! Welcome to the neighborhood.  Then end it with, well, if you need anything, anything at all, there’s plenty of stores down the way.

I'd need to know more about her various attributes before offering an opinion.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(11-01-2022, 06:10 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 04:58 PM)Jags Wrote: I’ve got new people moving in next door.  Part of me wants to introduce myself ( be nosy as [BLEEP] and see what kind of people are moving in).  The other part of me doesn’t give a [BLEEP] who they are as long as they don’t piss me off.  My antisocial personality kicks in and I end up saying a lot of things I probably shouldn’t.  Especially when a curveball is thrown at me.    I’ll probably [BLEEP] it up(but would I really?) and say “ hi! I’m jags! Welcome to the neighborhood.  Then end it with, well, if you need anything, anything at all, there’s plenty of stores down the way.

I'd need to know more about her various attributes before offering an opinion.

Turns out, they introduced themselves first.   I was out in the garage and he had stopped me. But to answer your question, she has nice attributes.  I’m not into the Prego fetish, but let’s just say I see why he did it.  Even 7-8 months pregnant, I didn’t realize that from the back angle.  Even pregnant, not bad at all.  If I subtract the “baby weight”  Face could be better, but not bad.   Certainly wouldn’t kill you.  I could definitely think of worse things.  That my professional “creepy lawn guy” evaluation.  Hope that helps.

We went to the JoKoy show last night. Meh. He's not my preferred brand of comedy. It was an hour and 40 minutes of mostly obscene improv at the expense of a few people sitting in the front rows. He explained that he just finished a Netflix special so he can't use any of the material from it, which left him with very little.

I wonder what prescription she’s on. I want some.

https://youtu.be/R4hsb7YdoOE

(11-08-2022, 02:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Single ticket wins record $2.04 billion Powerball jackpot (msn.com)

One lucky [BLEEP]!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-08-2022, 03:34 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 02:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Single ticket wins record $2.04 billion Powerball jackpot (msn.com)

One lucky [BLEEP]!

I'm going to laugh my [BLEEP] off if it's an illegal.

(11-08-2022, 03:40 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 03:34 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: One lucky [BLEEP]!

I'm going to laugh my [BLEEP] off if it's an illegal.

You know it is! Laughing

I’m starting a petition to begin pronouncing all silent letters.

Who’s in?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-08-2022, 05:03 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I’m starting a petition to begin pronouncing all silent letters.

Who’s in?

if you pronounced them, they wouldn't be silent and would thereby contradict the very essence of your attempt to subvert rules.

darned if you do, danged if you don't.

Idk, I think I need to hear both sides out a little bit more. Words like “Pterodactyl” are kinda funny while words like “Salmon” make the person sound pretty dumb.

(11-08-2022, 05:03 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I’m starting a petition to begin pronouncing all silent letters.

Who’s in?

I don’t know. The science is doubtful. I could be wrong, though.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2022, 06:18 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-08-2022, 05:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Who’s in?

I don’t know. The science is doubtful. I could be wrong, though.
 We need Knight Wright to weigh in. He’ll have the answer.

(11-08-2022, 05:29 PM)Jags Wrote: Idk, I think I need to hear both sides out a little bit more.  Words like “Pterodactyl” are kinda funny while words like “Salmon” make the person sound pretty dumb.

I pronounce the silent letter as a mnemonic (minne-monic) device to remember the silent letter is there when it begins or ends a word. Comb = "coam-buh" It's funner that way.

But you're right, I follow a Dutch content creator, and every time he says half ("haf" would be typical pronunciation), he pronounces it "hall-ph" and it trips my brain up every time.

I see a lot more spittle in our future if we unsilence the silent letters.

(11-09-2022, 02:06 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I see a lot more spittle in our future if we unsilence the silent letters.

Yeah that won't give everyone covid lolololol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(11-09-2022, 02:54 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 02:06 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I see a lot more spittle in our future if we unsilence the silent letters.

Yeah that won't give everyone covid lolololol

A couple pah-terodactyls could wipe out a nursing home!

(11-09-2022, 03:54 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 02:54 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Yeah that won't give everyone covid lolololol

A couple pah-terodactyls could wipe out a nursing home!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
+1
[Image: SaKG4.gif]