Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(12-13-2022, 11:35 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 07:52 PM)Jags Wrote: Between you and I, I have no [BLEEP] clue which movie the Death Star is from. …and I’m pretty sure (91%) it’s from either Star Wars or Star Trek.  Sorry, I’m not a nerd. I still love ya if you are though.  No hard feelings.

We can't be friends anymore. Lol

(12-12-2022, 07:47 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: You telling me that you don't see The Death Star there?

Maybe it's just me.

I can see it.

(12-13-2022, 09:51 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Not fun to wake up to tornado sirens.

Dude, stay safe! Been praying for folks out that way. I have family in different parts of Colorado that could get some weather from this.

Thank You! 

Thought it was just me for a bit lol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-13-2022, 11:41 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-13-2022, 09:51 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Not fun to wake up to tornado sirens.

Less fun to wake up to the roof waving bye-bye

We dodged a bullet.  The Sam’s less than two miles from my house, where we shop, had half of its roof torn off.  It was touch and go for about an hour.  We were dead center in the line of thunderstorms, but we dodged the tornadoes.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-13-2022, 01:20 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-13-2022, 11:41 AM)Mikey Wrote: Less fun to wake up to the roof waving bye-bye

We dodged a bullet.  The Sam’s less than two miles from my house, where we shop, had half of its roof torn off.  It was touch and go for about an hour.  We were dead center in the line of thunderstorms, but we dodged the tornadoes.

criminy. Glad y'all are safe.

Gotta imagine it's a strange day indeed when it's raining animal crackers.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2022, 07:55 PM by Jags. Edited 4 times in total.)

Those tornado sirens are scary as [BLEEP].  Sounds like they’re telling all hell is about to break loose.  What’s scarier, is it can.  Tornadoes don’t follow a straight trajectory.  And winds can and will far exceed the TS stuff we get here in JAX. 

Glad you’re still not dead, Rico. But one of these days, your luck has got to run out.  I’m not looking forward to it.  Just saying you’ve had some close calls here and there and you’re old.  Pretty sure those are your words, not mine. Anyways, keep living.

Snow wolf would be a very sad pup if you didn’t. He really looks up to you.  Smile

Tornados are scary. Ran from at least one every summer growing up while visiting my grandparents in Kansas. They didn't have a storm cellar, so we had to haul [BLEEP] to the armory downtown.

What was really freaky was my Grandpa taking me out to the edge of town where you could just watch them 10 to 20 miles off in the distance. He was almost perfect in knowing which direction they would go. Would have made a great storm chaser.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-13-2022, 07:48 PM)Jags Wrote: Those tornado sirens are scary as [BLEEP].  Sounds like they’re telling all hell is about to break loose.  What’s scarier, is it can.  Tornadoes don’t follow a straight trajectory.  And winds can and will far exceed the TS stuff we get here in JAX. 

Glad you’re still not dead, Rico. But one of these days, your luck has got to run out.  I’m not looking forward to it.  Just saying you’ve had some close calls here and there and you’re old.  Pretty sure those are your words, not mine. Anyways, keep living.

Snow wolf would be a very sad pup if you didn’t. He really looks up to you.  Smile

...did you just call snowy short?

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2022, 10:12 AM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-14-2022, 10:10 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-13-2022, 07:48 PM)Jags Wrote: Those tornado sirens are scary as [BLEEP].  Sounds like they’re telling all hell is about to break loose.  What’s scarier, is it can.  Tornadoes don’t follow a straight trajectory.  And winds can and will far exceed the TS stuff we get here in JAX. 

Doesn’t have to be.  I would bet 95% of this board would have to ‘look up’ to me.   Smile

(12-14-2022, 10:11 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-14-2022, 10:10 AM)Mikey Wrote: ...did you just call snowy short?

Doesn’t have to be.  I would bet 95% of this board would have to ‘look up’ to me.   Smile

Yeah, I’d have to climb up a ladder to look you in the eyes. Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(12-14-2022, 12:01 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-14-2022, 10:11 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Doesn’t have to be.  I would bet 95% of this board would have to ‘look up’ to me.   Smile

Yeah, I’d have to climb up a ladder to look you in the eyes. Laughing

Probably no lie..

My wife is 4'9 and I have step stools all over the house..

(12-14-2022, 01:00 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(12-14-2022, 12:01 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Yeah, I’d have to climb up a ladder to look you in the eyes. Laughing

Probably no lie..

Step stools, mini ladders tucked away within easy reach and two of those grabber things so I can reach stuff around my house.  Wallbash
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(12-14-2022, 06:54 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-14-2022, 01:00 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Probably no lie..

Step stools, mini ladders tucked away within easy reach and two of those grabber things so I can reach stuff around my house.  Wallbash

I figured that would trigger a response from ya lolol

Short Stuff lol

(12-14-2022, 10:10 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Rico is right, seen the guy once a tad hunched over cause he was a cripple at the time. I’m 6’1” he seemed as tall or taller. Claims to be 6’4” or 6’5”.  I believe it.  But, and I know you knew this, I meant that  Snowie really seems to idolize Rico.  Pretty sure he has a Rico poster in his room. But who doesn’t, amirite?

(12-14-2022, 07:13 PM)Jags Wrote:

Rico is right, seen the guy once a tad hunched over cause he was a cripple at the time. I’m 6’1” he seemed as tall or taller. Claims to be 6’4” or 6’5”.  I believe it.  But, and I know you knew this, I meant that  Snowie really seems to idolize Rico.  Pretty sure he has a Rico poster in his room. But who doesn’t, amirite?

If Rico looks anything like his avatar, I could see why everyone would want a poster on their wall.

(12-14-2022, 07:13 PM)Jags Wrote:

As long as they keep it out of the post office...

(12-14-2022, 12:01 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Yeah, I’d have to climb up a ladder to look you in the eyes. Laughing

(12-14-2022, 01:00 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Probably no lie..

(12-14-2022, 06:54 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Step stools, mini ladders tucked away within easy reach and two of those grabber things so I can reach stuff around my house.  Wallbash

(12-14-2022, 06:56 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I figured that would trigger a response from ya lolol

Short Stuff lol

Ninja Legal disclaimer: The content below does not express this posters view point as it pertains to short folk.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

[Image: apple.jpg]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Soyuz leak cancels space station spacewalk - SpaceNews

This is not good, and I believe it will grow into a bigger problem. This most likely renders the spacecraft useless and it's the ride home for two cosmonauts and an astronaut. Furthermore, without the ability to cool the spacecraft, it will degrade and eventually become a liability attached to the ISS. Additionally, the coolant is probably ammonia based, which is corrosive to metal and is now dispersed on the outside of the ISS and the other 4 attached spacecraft. 

If the Soyuz is unusable, then Russia will have to launch another craft to the ISS and fly it in remotely. The next Soyuz mission isn't scheduled until March. Until then, that puts the existing crew in space at risk in case of an emergency. Hopefully all goes well.

(12-15-2022, 04:08 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [Image: apple.jpg]

Is that your date?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2022, 06:37 PM by The Drifter. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-15-2022, 06:27 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(12-15-2022, 04:08 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [Image: apple.jpg]

Is that your date?

Nah, I wouldn't be caught dead in Applebees.......
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(12-15-2022, 06:36 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(12-15-2022, 06:27 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Is that your date?

Nah, I wouldn't be caught dead in Applebees.......

Lmbo!!    Best reply ever.