Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(01-07-2023, 02:25 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-07-2023, 01:21 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Nope.  She’s supposed to be up and moving around as much as possible.

No problem.  You take the recliner and tell her you want a T-bone and baked potato served promptly at kick-off.................and to grab you another beer while she's in the kitchen.

I think the idea is to keep them 'both' out of the hospital lolol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Working out on the course today and wore my Jags had as opposed to my standard issue work hat.  Have gotten several “Go Jags!” today.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Got in to Jax at about 9:15am, had a freind pick me up from the station. She told me all about the game last night (Yeah, I'm pissed at the NFL for moving the game to a Saturday night when I was booked to travel). Couldn't check in to the hotel until 3pm so we had a great day together. Just hung out her her house, watched the BIlls game, took care of her dogs and such. Then we had a nice dinner at Cracker Barrel (I didn't want fast food after 14 hours on the Amtrak, then a quick sandwich at WaWa on the way to her place). Let me tell you, Amtrak food SUCKS! and they have the ABSOLUTE WORST coffee on the planet!!!!!! Anyway, it's great to be back in the Jacksonville area, even if it's just for a few days right now, I love it here.

Oh, and we joked that since the Amtrak was early (instead of it's usual late arrivals) and that the Jags won the AFC South and in the playoffs (It's been a long time coming), that we must be in an alternate universe! LOL
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(01-08-2023, 09:22 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Got in to Jax at about 9:15am, had a freind pick me up from the station. She told me all about the game last night (Yeah, I'm pissed at the NFL for moving the game to a Saturday night when I was booked to travel). Couldn't check in to the hotel until 3pm so we had a great day together. Just hung out her her house, watched the BIlls game, took care of her dogs and such. Then we had a nice dinner at Cracker Barrel (I didn't want fast food after 14 hours on the Amtrak, then a quick sandwich at WaWa on the way to her place). Let me tell you, Amtrak food SUCKS! and they have the ABSOLUTE WORST coffee on the planet!!!!!!  Anyway, it's great to be back in the Jacksonville area, even if it's just for a few days right now, I love it here.

Oh, and we joked that since the Amtrak was early (instead of it's usual late arrivals) and that the Jags won the AFC South and in the playoffs (It's been a long time coming), that we must be in an alternate universe! LOL

Drifter, you playin plumber?

You layin some pipe?

(01-08-2023, 09:42 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 09:22 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Got in to Jax at about 9:15am, had a freind pick me up from the station. She told me all about the game last night (Yeah, I'm pissed at the NFL for moving the game to a Saturday night when I was booked to travel). Couldn't check in to the hotel until 3pm so we had a great day together. Just hung out her her house, watched the BIlls game, took care of her dogs and such. Then we had a nice dinner at Cracker Barrel (I didn't want fast food after 14 hours on the Amtrak, then a quick sandwich at WaWa on the way to her place). Let me tell you, Amtrak food SUCKS! and they have the ABSOLUTE WORST coffee on the planet!!!!!!  Anyway, it's great to be back in the Jacksonville area, even if it's just for a few days right now, I love it here.

You layin some pipe?

At his age, may have to clean out the mineral deposits and oxidation first. 

Hopefully he doesn’t knock her up.  Probably would make a red head with all the rust in the pipes.

I had an aunt and uncle take Amtrack once, from Ft. Lauderdale to Hersey PA.. They said it sucked because it felt like you had to stop every 15 minutes at a new station and all the saw, all the way up was people's backyards lolol

(01-08-2023, 09:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I had an aunt and uncle take Amtrack once, from Ft. Lauderdale to Hersey PA.. They said it sucked because it felt like you had to stop every 15 minutes at a new station and all the saw, all the way up was people's backyards lolol

Call me crazy…but those freight train riders…
I get it.  I wouldn’t actually do it (unless I committed a crime and needed a get away vehicle after I disposed of my phone and had proper ID made up and plenty of cash on me). But I can see the allure.

(01-08-2023, 09:42 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:

You layin some pipe?

Nah, Just hanging out with the ex-wife, she's helping me look for a place down here. When we split, it was on good terms so...... We help out each other when we can,,,,,,,,,
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 10:03 PM by WingerDinger.)

(01-08-2023, 09:49 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 09:42 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Drifter, you playin plumber?

You layin some pipe?

At his age, may have to clean out the mineral deposits and oxidation first. 

Hopefully he doesn’t knock her up.  Probably would make a red head with all the rust in the pipes.

lolol

I bet ole Drifter is a playa.. I bet dude's got chicks lined up around the corner with all them late night excursions. Prolly seen more [BLEEP] than a Fenway toilet seat on bean day at a double header..

I heard they call him Big Daddy Drifter Pimp up in Maryland..

Dude has his own bar.. Well stocked, too!

Yup.. He a playa..

(01-08-2023, 09:52 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 09:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I had an aunt and uncle take Amtrack once, from Ft. Lauderdale to Hersey PA.. They said it sucked because it felt like you had to stop every 15 minutes at a new station and all the saw, all the way up was people's backyards lolol

Call me crazy…but those freight train riders…
I get it.  I wouldn’t actually do it (unless I committed a crime and needed a get away vehicle after I disposed of my phone and had proper ID made up and plenty of cash on me). But I can see the allure.

Hey Hobo, don't forget your laundry lol
[Image: bindlestick3dsmodel001.jpg]

When my mother was alive, she always took the train.  I just can’t see taking that long when I can fly in two hours.  Hell, driving takes less time than Amtrak.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 10:09 PM by Jags.)

(01-08-2023, 09:57 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 09:42 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Drifter, you playin plumber?

You layin some pipe?

Nah, Just hanging out with the ex-wife, she's helping me look for a place down here. When we split, it was on good terms so...... We help out each other when we can,,,,,,,,,

Ex sex! Right on brother! Don’t be too rough. Hips and [BLEEP].

(01-08-2023, 09:59 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 09:49 PM)Jags Wrote: At his age, may have to clean out the mineral deposits and oxidation first. 

lolol

I bet ole Drifter is a playa.. I bet dude's got chicks lined up around the corner with all them late night excursions. Prolly seen more [BLEEP] than a Fenway toilet seat on bean day at a double header..

Yup.. He a playa..

Nope. He already played this chick!  He ain’t a playa, he a flat out ho!

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 10:12 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-08-2023, 10:04 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

When my mother was alive, she always took the train.  I just can’t see taking that long when I can fly in two hours.  Hell, driving takes less time than Amtrak.

The “right” train ride, is pretty darn cool.  The clickety clack and scenic views, bridges and what not are cool.     But I’ve never traveled slam track. Drifter is pretty damned lucky it didn’t derail.  

Safe travels drifter.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 10:23 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 3 times in total.)

(01-08-2023, 10:04 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

Ya know, I absolutely love flying. My grandfather owned a plane, little cessna, he taught me to fly. After about a year, I was flying on my own, with him in the co-pilot seat, of course. Had my own log book too. Logged quite a few hours. Even got to land a few times, assisted of course.

But I absolutely hate commercial airlines.. If my memory is correct, last commercial airliner I flew was Pan-Am lolol

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 10:18 PM by The Drifter. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-08-2023, 10:11 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 10:04 PM)RicoTx Wrote: When my mother was alive, she always took the train.  I just can’t see taking that long when I can fly in two hours.  Hell, driving takes less time than Amtrak.

The “right” train ride, is pretty darn cool.  The clickety clack and scenic views, bridges and what not are cool.     But I’ve never traveled slam track. Drifter is pretty damned lucky it didn’t derail.  

Safe travels drifter.

I always take the Amtrak whenever I need to travel when I can. I come from a Railroad family, My Great Grandfather was an engineer on the B&O Railroad, he saw the switch from steam to diesel. His Son, was also an engineer on the B&O, later the Chessie System then CSX. His Son now works for CSX as a crossing inspector. So my families railroad history goes back about 100 years........ And yes, I had the pleasure to have known my Great Grandfather, I was like 22 years old when he passed away........

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 10:28 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

He may be gone, but you’re still flying high!  Smile

That was for winger, not you drifter.

(01-08-2023, 10:17 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 10:11 PM)Jags Wrote: The “right” train ride, is pretty darn cool.  The clickety clack and scenic views, bridges and what not are cool.     But I’ve never traveled slam track. Drifter is pretty damned lucky it didn’t derail.  

Safe travels drifter.

I always take the Amtrak whenever I need to travel when I can. I come from a Railroad family, My Great Grandfather was an engineer on the B&O Railroad, he saw the switch from steam to diesel. His Son, was also an engineer on the B&O, later the Chessie System then CSX. His Son now works for CSX as a crossing inspector. So my families railroad history goes back about 100 years........ And yes, I had the pleasure to have known my Great Grandfather, I was like 22 years old when he passed away........

My family has been with those railroads as well. Mainly my dad.  The rest (about 4 others including my wife) have been the obvious one now a days. But I have some Chessie system and B&O memorabilia that I was told to keep because “one day..(collectors and such)”.  I personally never got into it.  I think it’s cool.  But my family was never the “train enthusiasts”  but more so made careers with the company.  I do think a good train ride can be special.  I took a few, don’t remember where.  I know it wasn’t Amtrak and it was all rural.  I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

[Image: FrederickMD.jpg]

(01-08-2023, 09:59 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 09:49 PM)Jags Wrote: At his age, may have to clean out the mineral deposits and oxidation first. 

lolol

Yup.. He a playa..

Well, back in my younger days I was a playa (in my 20's). Used to have a circuit of bars/clubs I would go to on different nights to scope things out. More or less, it was like sitting in a tree stand waiting for the right doe to go by. Once I locked on to a target.... it was time to take my shot. Sometimes I missed, other times it turned in to a confirmed kill.... LOL. Back in my day, you actually had to go to alot of bars, spend alot of money and buy a lot of ladies drinks before you even scored. Was it all worth the time and effort? Sometimes yes, sometimes no....... I did get a little too wasted at times and went home with Catherine Bach only to wake up with a Dr Ruth clone..... Then it was (In the immortal words of Snagglepuss)...... Exit, Stage Right!!!!!     LOL

(01-09-2023, 11:52 AM)The Drifter Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 09:59 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: lolol

Yup.. He a playa..

Well, back in my younger days I was a playa (in my 20's). Used to have a circuit of bars/clubs I would go to on different nights to scope things out. More or less, it was like sitting in a tree stand waiting for the right doe to go by. Once I locked on to a target.... it was time to take my shot. Sometimes I missed, other times it turned in to a confirmed kill.... LOL. Back in my day, you actually had to go to alot of bars, spend alot of money and buy a lot of ladies drinks before you even scored. Was it all worth the time and effort? Sometimes yes, sometimes no....... I did get a little too wasted at times and went home with Catherine Bach only to wake up with a Dr Ruth clone..... Then it was (In the immortal words of Snagglepuss)...... Exit, Stage Right!!!!!     LOL

Never hit the bar before midnight and never get too hammered. You want your pick of the litter near 2am.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2023, 02:06 PM by Mikey.)

(01-07-2023, 11:29 AM)RicoTx Wrote: As info, my wife had back surgery on Wednesday, She came home Thursday and was doing as expected. She was able to get around...slowly...with a good deal of pain (which is expected for 7-10 day). Friday morning she woke up and was just acting 'off'. To try to shorten the full version, she passed out while she was making coffee. Then she was talking gibberish and not understanding what I was saying to her.  I was fortunately able to catch her and lower her to the floor. Had to have her transported to the ER. After spending many hours in the ER...as is usually the case...all tests came back normal. They said the most likely cause was that she was dehydrated. After speaking with her, I found out she hadn't eaten for 16 hours, so the dehydration explanation seems pretty feasible. They actually gave her a sandwich and some snacks in the ER and I could see the difference after 15-20 minutes. So we got home at about 4:00 yesterday. All seems pretty good this morning, I mean, other than the post-op pain. But even that she says had subsided a bit. 

So all seems good after a pretty scary few hours yesterday.  

Freaked me the [BLEEP] out.

Sorry, don't really have many friends out here and I think I just needed to vent.

I'm just glad you were around for that episode. Couldn't imagine my spouse taking a fall after surgery. You may have helped her avoid significant complications with that catch.

Hopefully there's no more scares, first thing I thought though was some drug interactions.

(01-08-2023, 05:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Working out on the course today and wore my Jags had as opposed to my standard issue work hat.  Have gotten several “Go Jags!” today.

....gotta Bucs hat, by chance?   Big Grin