Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(04-16-2023, 07:57 AM)EricC85 Wrote:
(04-14-2023, 05:47 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Truth. I'm realizing the older I get the faster time seems to go by. Even daily when I sit down to eat supper I feel like I just started my day. I try to make sure I do one specific thing every day that I really enjoy, even if it's just spending 10 minutes watching the birds in my yard and listening for the hummingbirds to come to the feeder.

I feel this also, and in always freaking tired. It's like damn I really just can't get enough sleep.

Life used to be like a country road. Now it's a Formula 1 street circuit.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Who remembers this song? I just heard it again for the first time in a long, long time.

https://youtu.be/W3vIW7saNMc

So last week, we decided to drain and clean the hot tub.. Bought all new filters and some shell polish and cleaner. Got it all drained and cleaned, looks brand new again.. So I took the garden hose and filled it back up, ran the jets, waterfall and all that good stuff and the temperature read 84 degrees. Usually takes a few days to get back to my normal 104-105 degrees, so I figured I'd have some good days to dip in cooler temps.. Now I can of course, turn down the temp on the hot tub, so I did, to try to compensate for the hotter temps coming in the summer. So I set it to about 92 degrees..
(I never bothered try to to turn it the temp down so much)

So the next day, I go to get in the hot tub, expecting maybe somewhere in the upper 90's, and my LCD panel is reading "Summer Mode".. Come to find out, I have a function that auto reads steady temps and switches heating modes. So now, in the summer months, I can turn that thing down to a nice 85-90 degrees..

Just got out not too long ago and it was reading 88 degrees. Absolutely perfect! Feels so good when it's hot outside! Felt like cool swimming pool temps..

I recommend getting one if you can..

Life changing!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Oh yeah, Happy 4:20!

Celebrating with that new Ric Flair Drip strain..

[Image: giphy-12.gif]

An ode to Youtube, and I could not agree more. You can have the entire internet, if you just leave me Youtube.

https://www.ft.com/content/c57e3503-6fc0...f8f9da25d2

(04-25-2023, 05:24 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: An ode to Youtube, and I could not agree more.  You can have the entire internet, if you just leave me Youtube. 

Are you a subscriber to the Financial Times? Most of us are not.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2023, 10:46 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(04-25-2023, 05:56 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-25-2023, 05:24 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: An ode to Youtube, and I could not agree more.  You can have the entire internet, if you just leave me Youtube. 

Are you a subscriber to the Financial Times? Most of us are not.

No, I'm not a subscriber.  I got the whole article.  But now, I'm locked out of it, too.   Sorry about that.  It was on Google News, and I read the whole thing.

(04-25-2023, 10:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-25-2023, 05:56 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Are you a subscriber to the Financial Times? Most of us are not.

No, I'm not a subscriber.  I got the whole article.  But now, I'm locked out of it, too.  Don't know why.

If you clear cache and try to read it again, it should let you. A lot of the sites with paywalls operate that way. You almost get somewhat of a 'free trial article', and once you try to read another article, they take it away and have their hand out.. Clearing cache usually prevents that, but it can be a huge pain in the [BLEEP]..

A little "hack" that works for some sites, especially news sites with a paywall.

Copy the title of the article and paste it into the Google search page.  The first result will usually give you the whole article.

The site won't put up the "paywall" stuff if the "visitor" is Google or some other search engine.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(04-25-2023, 04:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: A little "hack" that works for some sites, especially news sites with a paywall.

Copy the title of the article and paste it into the Google search page.  The first result will usually give you the whole article.

The site won't put up the "paywall" stuff if the "visitor" is Google or some other search engine.

Well damn.. Gotta try that!

‘Demonic’ MS-13 felon dismembers Florida Uber Eats driver: sheriff (msn.com)

The last line of this article is chilling.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2023, 07:45 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

...Verdi supposedly said that you can have the universe if he could keep Italy. You can have the internet if I can keep YouTube. It has a greater trove of content than Netflix, HBO and Amazon Prime combined and squared. It enfolds high and low culture with the promiscuity of a Clive James essay...

Thank you, Janan Ganesh. What a fantastically well written article.

The wife made Summer Peach Glazed pork chops tonight with Ginger Peach Chutney..

It was as good as it sounded..

I married up.. After that meal, I can admit it now..

(04-25-2023, 09:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: The wife made Summer Peach Glazed pork chops tonight with Ginger Peach Chutney..

It was as good as it sounded..

I married up.. After that meal, I can admit it now..

These truths we hold to be self-evident.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Sometimes I watch those stupid driver/road rage videos on YouTube and like always, it quickly becomes apparent that a majority of the stupid drivers are the ones who are recording.

Colorado teens arrested in rock-throwing attacks took photos of murdered woman's car as 'memento': police | Fox News

...That witness later told police that Koenig "frequently participates in destructive behavior" because he enjoys causing "chaos," the affidavit states...

Then he'll enjoy the chaos visited upon his anus once he's in prison.

(04-28-2023, 03:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Colorado teens arrested in rock-throwing attacks took photos of murdered woman's car as 'memento': police | Fox News

...That witness later told police that Koenig "frequently participates in destructive behavior" because he enjoys causing "chaos," the affidavit states...

Or this..... LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLEL-Gewt6E
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(04-28-2023, 03:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Colorado teens arrested in rock-throwing attacks took photos of murdered woman's car as 'memento': police | Fox News

The article said he enjoyed using "Marine" terminology.  He's going to learn a new one..........."Fire in the hole!"
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.