Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

On this day in 2010, SpaceX successfully launched its first Falcon 9 into orbit. 

Who would have guessed that in 13 years SpaceX would be, far and away, the leader of the U.S. space industry. 

Meanwhile, established space and defense contractor, Boeing, can’t find its rear end with both hands.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The new HBO Max commercial about grandma having to go is hilarious.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/frequent-...00474.html

Interesting article.. I actually lost weight smoking weed too, believe that or not.

I'm down from 280 to 275.. I mean, it's not like I have a huge workout regiment. I didn't even give up my gourmet marshmallows or my little debbies. Since I started on medical marijuana, my wife just started buying healthier food for me to eat when I got the munchies lol

I'll get high and go through a bag of carrots like nobody's business lol.. My whole fruit and veggie intake went through the roof since I started smokin lol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(06-04-2023, 09:27 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/frequent-...00474.html

Interesting article.. I actually lost weight smoking weed too, believe that or not.

I'm down from 280 to 275.. I mean, it's not like I have a huge workout regiment. I didn't even give up my gourmet marshmallows or my little debbies. Since I started on medical marijuana, my wife just started buying healthier food for me to eat when I got the munchies lol

I'll get high and go through a bag of carrots like nobody's business lol.. My whole fruit and veggie intake went through the roof since I started smokin lol

Have you tried the little Debbie’s ice cream yet? You should if you haven’t!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(06-05-2023, 11:27 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(06-04-2023, 09:27 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/frequent-...00474.html

Have you tried the little Debbie’s ice cream yet? You should if you haven’t!

From Blue Bell? Yes! That stuff is crack. Plain and simple.

(06-05-2023, 11:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-05-2023, 11:27 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Have you tried the little Debbie’s ice cream yet? You should if you haven’t!

From Blue Bell? Yes! That stuff is crack. Plain and simple.

I don’t think it’s blue bell. I’m talking about these… there is also a fudge round one and a star crunch one. The fudge rounds one is **chefs kiss**!
[Image: IMG-7051.jpg]

(06-05-2023, 11:40 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(06-05-2023, 11:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: From Blue Bell? Yes! That stuff is crack. Plain and simple.

I don’t think it’s blue bell. I’m talking about these… there is also a fudge round one and a star crunch one. The fudge rounds one is **chefs kiss**!

Omg..

I need some of this in my life lol

(06-05-2023, 11:53 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-05-2023, 11:40 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I don’t think it’s blue bell. I’m talking about these… there is also a fudge round one and a star crunch one. The fudge rounds one is **chefs kiss**!

Omg..

You really do!

(06-05-2023, 11:56 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(06-05-2023, 11:53 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Omg..

You really do!

Looks like the only place that sells it around me is Walmart.. Surprised it's not at Publix or WD.

I don't think I've stepped foot in a Walmart in years..

And that's about to change lolol

(06-05-2023, 12:02 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-05-2023, 11:56 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: You really do!

Looks like the only place that sells it around me is Walmart.. Surprised it's not at Publix or WD.

I don't think I've stepped foot in a Walmart in years..

And that's about to change lolol

They do deliver you know, you don’t actually have to step foot in one. Lol

(06-05-2023, 11:40 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(06-05-2023, 11:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: From Blue Bell? Yes! That stuff is crack. Plain and simple.

Those look really good. 

This is the stuff I was talking about. 

[Image: blue-bell-oatmeal-cream-pie-ice-cream.jpg]

(06-05-2023, 12:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-05-2023, 11:40 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I don’t think it’s blue bell. I’m talking about these… there is also a fudge round one and a star crunch one. The fudge rounds one is **chefs kiss**!

Those look really good. 

This is the stuff I was talking about. 

[Image: blue-bell-oatmeal-cream-pie-ice-cream.jpg]

Never had that…it does look yummy.

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2023, 08:58 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

David Attenborough: And here we have Florida Man. In his native habitat he is reckless, immature, and completely undisciplined. He is born with redeeming qualities few and far between which attract mates who display the same behavioral characteristics, albeit, while holding a can of beer and cigarette in the same hand.

https://youtu.be/vH-pr93Ix-g

(06-07-2023, 08:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: David Attenborough: And here we have Florida Man. In his native habitat he is reckless, immature, and completely undisciplined. He is born with redeeming qualities few and far between which attract mates who display the same behavioral characteristics, albeit, while holding a can of beer and cigarette in the same hand.

https://youtu.be/vH-pr93Ix-g

Is that you, Cletus?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Cormac McCarthy has died. Me and rollerjag both loved his novel “Blood Meridian”. He also wrote “No Country for Old Men” and “The Road”, another excellent novel. A wonderfully accomplished writer.

(06-14-2023, 06:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Cormac McCarthy has died. Me and rollerjag both loved his novel “Blood Meridian”. He also wrote “No Country for Old Men” and “The Road”, another excellent novel. A wonderfully accomplished writer.

I never knew No Country For Old Men was a book. I thought the movie was great. I'm going to have to read that book now.

(06-15-2023, 06:37 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(06-14-2023, 06:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Cormac McCarthy has died. Me and rollerjag both loved his novel “Blood Meridian”. He also wrote “No Country for Old Men” and “The Road”, another excellent novel. A wonderfully accomplished writer.

I never knew No Country For Old Men was a book. I thought the movie was great. I'm going to have to read that book now.

I’ll have to read it as well. The two books of his I’ve read so far are excellent, and books are always better than the movies. With one exception. Stanley Kubrick made The Shining so much better than the book, to Stephen King’s frustration. King finally got a movie made that was faithful to the book and it sucked.

(06-16-2023, 05:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-15-2023, 06:37 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I never knew No Country For Old Men was a book. I thought the movie was great. I'm going to have to read that book now.

I’ll have to read it as well. The two books of his I’ve read so far are excellent, and books are always better than the movies. With one exception. Stanley Kubrick made The Shining so much better than the book, to Stephen King’s frustration. King finally got a movie made that was faithful to the book and it sucked.

Here's another exception to the "book is better than the movie" rule: The Godfather.

(06-16-2023, 05:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-16-2023, 05:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’ll have to read it as well. The two books of his I’ve read so far are excellent, and books are always better than the movies. With one exception. Stanley Kubrick made The Shining so much better than the book, to Stephen King’s frustration. King finally got a movie made that was faithful to the book and it sucked.

Here's another exception to the "book is better than the movie" rule: The Godfather.

In both movies the cast made the difference.  Could anyone else have delivered the Jack Nicholson's performance in The Shining?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(06-16-2023, 09:02 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(06-16-2023, 05:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Here's another exception to the "book is better than the movie" rule: The Godfather.

In both movies the cast made the difference.  Could anyone else have delivered the Jack Nicholson's performance in The Shining?

Absolutely not. He was perfect for that role.