Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(06-25-2023, 01:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-25-2023, 12:59 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So, yesterday during that really nasty storm, we had a huge crack of lightning that hit the transformer out in front of my neighbors home, which knocked out power for a bunch of us in my neighborhood.

About 2 hours later, after the Town of Green Cove was out and got us all up and running again, the wife and I sat down and went about on our normal routine.. I turned the TV on, nothing.. Not even my surround sound.. Apparently, I was running everything off of a bad surge protector and it fried my set up lol.

So, it only being around 3pm or so, we decided to jump in the car and head to Best Buy. Ended up getting a 75 inch Sony Bavaria (sp?) and a Yamaha 5 in 1 home theater set up.. Really nice! Top notch for me anyway. Paid a nice chunk of change, but I figured it was time, as our older ser up was over 10 years old. I jumped from 1080p to 4k, upgradable to 8k.. Ready for football season!!

Apparently we weren't the only ones that had problems with that lightning strike, our neighbors across the street lost their Generac (supposedly about a $15k generator, supposed to power a 3 story home). My other neighbor lost her refrigerator and other appliances. That was a bad storm, but it moved me up in the technological sense lol

But, BUT, did you also buy a good surge protector?

Yes I did.. Thing was $170 lolol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I had the same thing happen about 10 days ago now. Fried two TVs, FireTV sticks, X1 cable box, my Xbox, router, wifi mesh points, and microwave. Took a week to get Comcast back online, still haven't replaced the TVs yet. The surge trashed my 700J surge protectors so it was definitely a strong one.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-26-2023, 03:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I had the same thing happen about 10 days ago now. Fried two TVs, FireTV sticks, X1 cable box, my Xbox, router, wifi mesh points, and microwave. Took a week to get Comcast back online, still haven't replaced the TVs yet. The surge trashed my 700J surge protectors so it was definitely a strong one.

That sucks dude, sorry that happened. I usually have pretty decent surge protectors on my junk. I just really had no idea that they wore out after a while. All depends on what I'm trying to protect on the different type of protector.. This is the one I bought for the new TV and surround sound.

[Image: Screenshot-20230626-163907-Samsung-Internet.jpg]

I upgraded my AV Receiver. What a difference. Wish I had done it sooner.

(07-01-2023, 03:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I upgraded my AV Receiver. What a difference. Wish I had done it sooner.

I'm tellin ya dude.. Same boat.

I'm just now learning all the functions.. Finally figured out how to listen to my music streaming apps on the Bluetooth feature.

So many choices to choose from. Sienna Concert Hall, Chamber, Basement Echo, blah blah blah.

Still cool though and glad I bought it.

I just watched Jaws in 4k.. Spectacular!!

(07-01-2023, 05:15 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(07-01-2023, 03:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I upgraded my AV Receiver. What a difference. Wish I had done it sooner.

I'm tellin ya dude.. Same boat.

I'm just now learning all the functions.. Finally figured out how to listen to my music streaming apps on the Bluetooth feature.

So many choices to choose from. Sienna Concert Hall, Chamber, Basement Echo, blah blah blah.

Still cool though and glad I bought it.

A lot of those audio profiles are fluff. I have a hard time imagining when someone would use some of those.
But, when the right one is found, there’s some tinkering to do. I’m still working the controls hard while experimenting. It’s a fun discovery process, though.

Hey, everyone, look at me!

Dumb [BLEEP].

https://youtube.com/shorts/u0cNy9QEt44?feature=share

I shot a [BLEEP] 82 today.  Ten pars and a birdie.  My best round in at least 20 years.  Probably more.  Played the same damn ball for 18 holes and counted every stroke.  I’m not delusional, I know I’m still quite capable of a triple digit round.  But damn that was fun.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-04-2023, 07:27 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I shot a [BLEEP] 82 today.  Ten pars and a birdie.  My best round in at least 20 years.  Probably more.  Played the same damn ball for 18 holes and counted every stroke.  I’m not delusional, I know I’m still quite capable of a triple digit round.  But damn that was fun.

Nice! Golf is fun when you're playing well. Added to that feat is you accomplished it while playing in hell's furnace. Congrats.

(07-04-2023, 07:42 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-04-2023, 07:27 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I shot a [BLEEP] 82 today.  Ten pars and a birdie.  My best round in at least 20 years.  Probably more.  Played the same damn ball for 18 holes and counted every stroke.  I’m not delusional, I know I’m still quite capable of a triple digit round.  But damn that was fun.

Nice! Golf is fun when you're playing well. Added to that feat is you accomplished it while playing in hell's furnace. Congrats.

I mean, yeah it was plenty hot.  But working at the course has its perks.  We get out about ten minutes before the first scheduled tee time, around 6:40, and we’re in before 10:00.  It’s been months since I’ve been on the course any more than around three hours.

(07-04-2023, 01:37 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Hey, everyone, look at me!

Dumb [BLEEP].

Lol. This reminds me of a stage in the Tour de France last year when Jasper Phillipsen thought he won the stage when it was Wout van Aert who crossed the line....within eyesight of Phillipsen. In a bright yellow skin suit. It's featured in the episode called Jasper Disaster on Tour de France: Unchained on Netflix. 

As we were watching the stage last year me and my husband were like, "did you not see Big Bird crossing the finish line 25 meters in front of you?!" He said in the Netflix episode that his team car didn't tell him anyone was up the road from him and he never even considered van Aert could go so fast as to be ahead of the peloton. Lol. 

I found the short. It's in French but you'll see what happens.

If a Woman takes a dump while wearing a thong, would it be considered a Log Splitter???????
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(07-04-2023, 11:10 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(07-04-2023, 01:37 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Hey, everyone, look at me!

Dumb [BLEEP].

Lol. This reminds me of a stage in the Tour de France last year when Jasper Phillipsen thought he won the stage when it was Wout van Aert who crossed the line....within eyesight of Phillipsen. In a bright yellow skin suit. It's featured in the episode called Jasper Disaster on Tour de France: Unchained on Netflix. 

As we were watching the stage last year me and my husband were like, "did you not see Big Bird crossing the finish line 25 meters in front of you?!" He said in the Netflix episode that his team car didn't tell him anyone was up the road from him and he never even considered van Aert could go so fast as to be ahead of the peloton. Lol. 

I found the short. It's in French but you'll see what happens.

“Mais oui!”
“Mais non”
“Mais oui!”
“Mais non”

“But yes!”
“But no”

I remember a little from my high school French.

Chuck Norris makes a Chuck Norris joke.

https://youtube.com/shorts/YgH7Cfv63nc?feature=share

Getting ready to watch John Wick 4, dvd came in the mail today
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(07-05-2023, 12:13 PM)The Drifter Wrote: If a Woman takes a dump while wearing a thong, would it be considered a Log Splitter???????

Depends on the size of the dumper. Sometimes logs can bend splitters.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Watched John Wick 4, the ending of it was excellent the way John handled the situation. The only thing that got me about the movie is the series of scenes where everyone is after John in Paris to kill him. The series of scenes was an outright rip off from the movie The Warriors with the Radio DJ giving instructions over the air. The wording was just about the same to.........

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2023, 09:02 AM by RicoTx.)

There's a junior tournament at my course today so I'm going to...ghasp...pay to play at another course.

(07-11-2023, 09:01 AM)RicoTx Wrote: There's a junior tournament at my course today so I'm going to...ghasp...pay to play at another course.

You should turn the tables and caddy for the kids!