Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

This guy is the Terminator of repo men.

https://youtube.com/shorts/tD4n--hwamU?s...jPtGxNHLdm

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2023, 08:06 PM by Jags.)

(08-23-2023, 09:54 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-23-2023, 08:59 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m omitting some facts to protect the guilty. But, let’s just say I had reasonable cause.  I’m sure you will, as well as a few other posters, read between the lines and figure that out.  So it’s not like I finally got out and trying to thirst on the first…

I'm just busting your chops. Life takes sharp turns sometimes but all we can do is move on. I'm glad you found a girl who seems to check all the boxes. We're all glad for you. 

But watch out. This transgendered movement is producing some convincing dudes. If you can't see an Adam's apple, you may have to resort to the Crocodile Dundee method. Tell her (or him) that it's nothing personal, but a guy can't be too careful nowadays. 

You'll be fine.

I'm pretty sure.

I know you are.  I’d be disappointed if you or others in these parts didn’t bust my chops.  But I can assure you, she’s got all the female parts.  Original OEM parts. Nothing aftermarket. Well maintained.  I’m not exactly sure the number of previous owners. But, she rides good. I’m sure I’ll probably do things to it to void the warranty. Like off-road stuff. Winky winky.

(08-24-2023, 07:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: This guy is the Terminator of repo men.

Good for him.  That’s a tough job at times.  He definitely has the right set up.  I’m sure he’s taking it in.  I don’t know the occupation.  So how the heck does this dude know that the vehicle is at that gas station???   I hope he drove by first to make sure no children were in the car before he lifted it

(08-24-2023, 08:03 PM)Jags Wrote:
(08-23-2023, 09:54 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm just busting your chops. Life takes sharp turns sometimes but all we can do is move on. I'm glad you found a girl who seems to check all the boxes. We're all glad for you. 

But watch out. This transgendered movement is producing some convincing dudes. If you can't see an Adam's apple, you may have to resort to the Crocodile Dundee method. Tell her (or him) that it's nothing personal, but a guy can't be too careful nowadays. 

You'll be fine.

I'm pretty sure.

I know you are.  I’d be disappointed if you or others in these parts didn’t bust my chops.  But I can assure you, she’s got all the female parts.  Original OEM parts. Nothing aftermarket. Well maintained.  I’m not exactly sure the number of previous owners. But, she rides good. I’m sure I’ll probably do things to it to void the warranty. Like off-road stuff. Winky winky.

(08-24-2023, 07:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: This guy is the Terminator of repo men.

Good for him.  That’s a tough job at times.  He definitely has the right set up.  I’m sure he’s taking it in.  I don’t know the occupation.  So how the heck does this dude know that the vehicle is at that gas station???   I hope he drove by first to make sure no children were in the car before he lifted it

Good to hear you're back in the saddle (or riding bareback, as the case may be).  Banana A good ride is critical, regardless of one's preference for comfort or performance.  Just be careful to stay with a short-term rental.  It's way too soon to think about signing a contract.

It's the equivalent of Lojack for the finance company.  The driver will typically pull over to check the vehicle and secure safety straps/chains after getting out of sight and/or range.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

It blows my mind that NASA is able to receive data from 4.67 billion miles away, but I lose Wi-Fi signal in my kitchen
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

I went out and purchased one of those new overhead rain shower, showerheads and installed it.. Omg.. This thing is amazing!!
Ya really do feel like you're showering in a rainshower.. I bought the 12x12 inch, I think I paid about $45 from Amazon.. Funny thing is, When my wife and I purchased all new faucets and sinks for the new home, we purchased Delta equipment. This showerhead is better than that expensive Delta!!

If you don't have one or ever tried, you gotta try it..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(08-26-2023, 11:43 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I went out and purchased one of those new overhead rain shower, showerheads and installed it.. Omg.. This thing is amazing!!
Ya really do feel like you're showering in a rainshower.. I bought the 12x12 inch, I think I paid about $45 from Amazon.. Funny thing is, When my wife and I purchased all new faucets and sinks for the new home, we purchased Delta equipment. This showerhead is better than that expensive Delta!!

The hotel room where I stayed in Spain had one of those. I opted for the traditional showerhead most of the time because that's what I'm used to. However, I could see one of those being absolutely refreshing if taking a shower after working up a sweat outside.

(08-26-2023, 12:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-26-2023, 11:43 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I went out and purchased one of those new overhead rain shower, showerheads and installed it.. Omg.. This thing is amazing!!

The hotel room where I stayed in Spain had one of those. I opted for the traditional showerhead most of the time because that's what I'm used to. However, I could see one of those being absolutely refreshing if taking a shower after working up a sweat outside.

Heavenly!!

The most American thing, EVER. 

https://twitter.com/MattWeaverRA/status/...27800?s=20

(08-27-2023, 09:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The most American thing, EVER. 

https://twitter.com/MattWeaverRA/status/...27800?s=20

Two events for the price of one ticket in that section. Pretty cool actually.

For those who might know about this stuff. I'm watching a road cycling race taking place in Belgium for the last 5 days. I've seen a lot of windmills along their daily race. Today they haven't been turning and it made me wonder, do they work similar to solar? Do they use batteries to store electricity so when the sun is not out or the wind isn't turning windmills there is still power to be used?

This area of Europe is definitely using solar and wind to replace or reduce fossil fuel usage. Grocery stores especially. I've seen their roofs covered in solar panels.

I'd be happy if we could have enough panels to offset our heating and cooling.

A really interesting animated graphic summarizing the Korean War.

https://youtube.com/shorts/fgogDXy4cus?s...07c2bj9_If

(08-29-2023, 03:09 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: A really interesting animated graphic summarizing the Korean War.

Just watch MASH…lol
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2023, 07:33 PM by homebiscuit.)

(08-30-2023, 10:43 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 03:09 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: A really interesting animated graphic summarizing the Korean War.

Just watch MASH…lol

Sure, lady. 

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...ipo=images]

There's a program on the Science Channel called Engineering Disasters that I like to watch. They did a segment on the parking garage that collapsed downtown years ago. They said the cause was columns half the size they were supposed to be, and some were so stuffed with rebar and cabling that the concrete couldn't even work its way around and down the inside of the column. Who was the half [BLEEP] contractor responsible for that?

One for the philosophers..........

If everyone goes cashless.......... How do we tip strippers????????
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

About to leave for Steeler country for Labor Day weekend.  It’s turned into an annual event for the family fantasy football league draft and a few rounds of golf.  Can’t wait to get out of this heat for a few days.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Wife wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse for her birthday dinner.. So far, she's got 3 Legendary Jamacian Margaritas in her.

Glad I'm drivin lol

(08-31-2023, 03:59 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Wife wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse for her birthday dinner.. So far, she's got 3 Legendary Jamacian Margaritas in her.

Glad I'm drivin lol

Tell her we said Happy Birthday and BOTTOMS UP!

Okay, this is funny.

https://youtube.com/shorts/6KKhYK92CCQ?s...MuF9_tE8li

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2023, 04:46 PM by Sneakers.)

(08-31-2023, 04:16 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 03:59 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Wife wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse for her birthday dinner.. So far, she's got 3 Legendary Jamacian Margaritas in her.

Glad I'm drivin lol

Tell her we said Happy Birthday and BOTTOMS UP!

3 margaritas should seal the deal.

(08-31-2023, 03:20 PM)The Drifter Wrote: One for the philosophers..........

If everyone goes cashless.......... How do we tip strippers????????

With a card, of course.  The only question remaining is to swipe or insert.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

She said "Thanks Guys!!"..

Unfortunately, might take a few more.. I'll wait and bide my time..

Like a [BLEEP] tarantula.. waiting for the fly to land in the web.

Wait.. I don't think tarantulas spin webs..