Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

Saw this story on my FB feed: For our second date I had invited her out with myself and some friends to celebrate a friend getting a job. I drank. Heavily. She was my designated driver. She drove me home and as she pulled up to the curb I threw open the door, rolled out of the car, and vomited into the gutter. She then offered to help me cross the street, to which I responded by yelling, "I'M DISGUSTING!" and sprinting across the street. Once inside, I brushed my teeth aggressively. She asked what I was doing and I told her I needed to clean my mouth so I could kiss her. After I was done, I walked to my room, laid down, and immediately fell asleep. She spent the night to make sure I was okay. I'm now holding our baby girl who was born just last week. I asked her at one point why she stayed with me through that and she said it was because even though I was wasted, the whole time I was still gentle and kind, asked her if she was having fun, and introduced her to everyone I knew. I'm a lucky guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxKiZ-6rRQQ
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-13-2023, 07:21 AM)The Drifter Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 05:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Wife, wine, weed, fire pit and hot tub later..

Forgot all about that Jags loss today!!

[Image: 20231112-164630.jpg]

Living it up a little Huh????? Not knocking you, enjoy life while you can! I don't fear death, I fear a life not lived!!!!!

That's kinda where I am.. Had a very near death experience a few years ago during one of my 15 surgeries lolol

My whole life before that was YOLO!!

Now it's laid back, healthy living and retired before 50..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

One of my favorite things to talk about is music, and that's exactly what a few of us did today. The question came up that is there any musicians you would like to meet. I came up with 4. The first, John Prine, his story telling through music strikes a cord with me. I'd like to hear his opinion on his song Sam Stone as I think it's just as relevant today as it was when it was written in 1971. Then there is John Lennon, 1/2 of the greatest song writing duo in history. I wouldn't ask him about the Beatles or their breakup, I think I know the reason why. John was getting really politically active, both in his writing and personal life. Paul, well he was being Paul, avoiding anything controversial in his writing and personal life. If the group would have stayed together, it wouldn't have been the same dynamic the 2 had earlier. Any follower of any discipline knows you can only follow one master. Then there's Lemmy, who the hell wouldn't want to party with Lemmy. He was a straight shooter all around both in his music and personal life. Lastly, Joey Ramone, I would liked to have thanked him along with Johnny, Dee Dee, and Tommy for saving us from that GOD AWLFUL DISCO! They returned rock back to it's original basic form, a lot faster than before, but with the 2-3 minute songs (AM radio format) and the 3 chord basic song structure, that's the original format of Rock and Roll. Yeah, their lyrics were not to everyone's taste but......hey, you can't please everyone.
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Bob Dylan
John Fogarty
George Harrison
Al Green
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-16-2023, 10:54 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: This just in: Hell's temperature is plunging. 

Plunging????? More like froze over you mean!!!!!!!!!!

OK, so here I was in Starbucks this morning and this girl in her early 20's walked in. She was sporting the 1980's Joan Jett look and wearing a Led Zeppelin US Tour 1977 Shirt. Now, being I'm 62, and I'm seeing this younger generation wearing Zeppelin, Ramones, Sex Pistols shirts, etc, brings a smile to my face. What it really is telling me is this...... My Generations music still rules while this new computer, auto-tune, AI "Music" (if you can call it that) Sucks! I mean, if the younger generation can't even stand it, what other conclusion can you come to?

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2023, 10:34 AM by WingerDinger.)

The Farmer Chicken Biscuit from Maple Street.. A must try!!

It was drizzled in like an apple butter with apple smoked bacon.. So damn good!!

The Buffalo Bills stinking in 1968 created the Kardashians.
If they didn’t stink they wouldn’t have drafted OJ Simpson early. That caused him to move to Buffalo and meet and allegedly end the life of his wife. Kim Kardashian’s dad was famous for being one of his lawyers, which made her just relevant enough for her adult tape to get noticed, resulting in the Kardashians we have today.

SpaceX is launching Starship this morning. Lots of good live feeds available. This is one I watch:

https://www.youtube.com/live/uOI35G7cP7o...DJp4lgLpQo

(11-18-2023, 08:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: SpaceX is launching Starship this morning. Lots of good live feeds available. This is one I watch:

I watched it on the link you provided.  It's interesting how they dump all that water on the launch pad when they fire up the engines and take off.  I took a tour recently of Cape Canaveral and they explained all that, so I was watching for it.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2023, 10:10 AM by homebiscuit. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-18-2023, 09:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 08:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: SpaceX is launching Starship this morning. Lots of good live feeds available. This is one I watch:

I watched it on the link you provided.  It's interesting how they dump all that water on the launch pad when they fire up the engines and take off.  I took a tour recently of Cape Canaveral and they explained all that, so I was watching for it.

The water deluge system is for acoustic dampening. The rockets produce acoustic levels so high that reflected waves can actually damage the space craft. It was also that water deluge system for Starship which caused the delay in this second test for a few months while the Fish and Wildlife Service did a study of the impact of so much water release on the local environment. 

As for this test, the 1st stage booster exploded after separation and before it could make its controlled descent. Starship made orbit but it appears the Flight Termination System automatically detonated because it detected out of nominal flight parameters. 

Overall, this was a very successful flight test. Orbit was achieved and lots of good data was collected.

Correction: Sub-orbital trajectory was not achieved but Starship did exceed the Karman line.

Pretty amazing!

https://twitter.com/Enezator/status/1726...WqMvA&s=19

^^ That is really cool

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2023, 05:39 PM by Caldrac.)

[Image: a9e6be9c925ffd5490d516128ae71c59.jpg]

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2023, 05:47 PM by Caldrac.)

(11-17-2023, 10:34 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: The Farmer Chicken Biscuit from Maple Street.. A must try!!

It was drizzled in like an apple butter with apple smoked bacon.. So damn good!!

Vicious Biscuit in Jacksonville is pretty good too. They had a buy one, get one free deal on Uber Eats yesterday. Got two of their signature biscuit sandwiches. "The Vicious".

Cheddar & Jalapeno Biscuit
Sliced Jalapenos
Crispy Fried Chicken Breast
Signature Maple Sausage Gravy
House Cowboy Candy
Maple Syrup Drizzle

[BLEEP] was dank. Hits different after working a 12 hour overnight shift and getting a 2 hour powernap.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

How the Formula 1 Las Vegas GP track was built. This is pretty interesting whether you care about F1 or not. The logistics had to have been insane. At one point there were 500 people working in shifts 20 hours a day to make this happen. And evidently this is F1's new headquarters which probably pisses off the Europeans like nothing else. They already loathe the fact there are races in Miami and LV (they don't mind COTA in Austin, TX though). 

Anyway, it's only 12 minutes or so and you'll learn something new. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FFemr27bmu...YWluZWQ%3D

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2023, 07:47 PM by The Drifter. Edited 1 time in total.)

Thinks most people need to go to vacuum cleaner school and learn to "suck it up".

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/tlbkF1q-Pyc

Good stuff.. Watched it live. I remember people getting pissed because the fight only lasted like 90 secs lolol

https://twitter.com/timecaptales/status/...Aq1RQ&s=19

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2023, 11:44 PM by Caldrac.)

[Image: 5be633aa65cf2d36639788e3869cd10a.jpg]

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk