Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

F-E-A-R has 2 meanings:

1) Forget Everything And Run.......

2) Face Everything And Rise.......

The Choice is yours........
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-08-2023, 08:04 AM)The Drifter Wrote: F-E-A-R has 2 meanings:

[BLEEP] Everything And Retire

(12-08-2023, 08:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Never thought of that one........ LOL
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(12-08-2023, 09:07 AM)The Drifter Wrote:
(12-08-2023, 08:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [BLEEP] Everything And Retire

Never thought of that one........ LOL

sad state of the world, most people never even get to think of retiring.

I was talking about the reality of death and dying with someone earlier. He said that when I die, I want my epitaph to read "Mistakes Were Made" Me being the smart [BLEEP] that I am at times replied...... "Isn't that on your birth certificate??????"

(12-08-2023, 08:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

This would be my husband's choice.

The last one really hurt.

https://youtube.com/shorts/ZNfMbvW7pjg?s...pr0xd5Uh-V

(12-09-2023, 03:52 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The last one really hurt.

Wow. That's all I can say.  Huh

(12-09-2023, 03:52 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The last one really hurt.

Maybe the background the riders are looking at is the same color as the gate. And it is dark for the first rider. Or its staged to get likes. Thats all i can figure.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

The shoes of the Titanic.

https://youtube.com/shorts/hUFtmJE1T48?s...SGpL9bLQMT

That’s gonna leave a mark.

https://youtu.be/87xVJCdHfrI?si=H1aj_-w5uqYEIvRD

Don't wish to bring anyone down but, this is what I'm dealing with right now....... OK, Quick health update.. The least of my worries is the UTI I have, Dr said if it isn't cleared up by Friday with the meds, (Antibiotic horse pills) head to the ER. I also need to see an ophthalmologist and a neurologists, My short term memory is shot and my vision, 1/2 the time I'm seeing in 2D like I'm looking at a painting on the wall. I see the ophthalmologist on Friday, the neurologists can't see me until February 13th. Usually, You would need to put a gun to my head to get me to a Doctor, or I'd have to be Unconscious or bleeding out. But the way my vision has been lately, and the memory problems, Yeah, I'm a tad worried. A wise man told me years ago that getting old (I'm 62) isn't for wimps!!!!!!!

(12-14-2023, 03:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Brutal.

https://youtube.com/shorts/go5M75swG0g?s...WIXuZ14x07

Ouch!  Don't think there will be much action in that house for a while.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I don't know which is more impressive. The fact that he didn't get killed or that he still has a Godsmack T-shirt..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Laughing

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2023, 04:00 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

For anyone who has 25 minutes to kill, this is what it looked and sounded like inside the Artemis 1 Orion spacecraft reentry to Earth after it had orbited the moon for 6 days. You can hear the Reaction Control System bursts as it controls its attitude. It hit the atmosphere at over 20,000 MPH and in these 25 minutes you will see the craft travel 1700 miles over the Earth's surface. What's really interesting is it did a skip off the Earth's atmosphere. That's why there are two instances of superheated plasma coming off the craft. 

Details here: What to Know About NASA's Artemis 1 Re-Entry to Earth | Time

https://youtu.be/U88DzZcsubs?si=S31kPOxXtqQtM9Ar

[Image: Orion-1.jpg?quality=85&w=800]

All one needs to do to get through anything that life throws at them is to maintain a positive outlook, and to keep a sense of humor. (no matter how sick or twisted it may be)..... Just remember, when life throws you lemons, find someone whose life is throwing them Vodka and have a party........ LOL

Anyone else overspend on Christmas already?

Told the wife to concentrate on Christmas gifts for our house as presents. I mean, we'll get each others items that we need (socks, boxers, blah blah blah), and that's all fine and dandy. But for example, my wife's Christmas present was delivered today. I ended up buying her (2) Amish made rocking chairs for the front porch. Beautiful chairs. Bought her the Amish made gliding bench last year and she loves it, so I'm excited to see her on Christmas Morning with her new chairs, even though I know I'll be putting them together on Christmas Morning haha..

Personally, I'm getting rather excited, I have a sneaky suspension that she got me one of those Harry & David gourmet coffee baskets..

Love those things!!

Moose Munch, Baby!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(12-18-2023, 12:31 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Anyone else overspend on Christmas already?

Told the wife to concentrate on Christmas gifts for our house as presents. I mean, we'll get each others items that we need (socks, boxers, blah blah blah), and that's all fine and dandy. But for example, my wife's Christmas present was delivered today. I ended up buying her (2) Amish made rocking chairs for the front porch. Beautiful chairs. Bought her the Amish made gliding bench last year and she loves it, so I'm excited to see her on Christmas Morning with her new chairs, even though I know I'll be putting them together on Christmas Morning haha..

Personally, I'm getting rather excited, I have a sneaky suspension that she got me one of those Harry & David gourmet coffee baskets..

Love those things!!

Moose Munch, Baby!!

No.

Between FiL in hospital and the normal chaos of December (two birthdays, a ballerina in Nutcracker, xmas parties everywhere) we haven't even shopped. The grinch ain't visiting, but it's going to certainly be a memorable year.

Really want to call a fambly audible and shift our calandar 6 months perrmanently. Might help with everything if we start working counter to the world's schedule.