Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(03-14-2024, 01:37 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-13-2024, 01:22 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: So, in the men's professional cycling peloton the guys will take a 'nature break' while riding. Most of the time they do it outside of populated areas and cameras pan away when this happens since no one wants to see them pulling their junk out and whizzing. They don't always pan away fast enough and I've seen some skin.

I'm currently watching a race in Belgium and this dude takes his nature break in town and gives spectators a golden shower. He'll likely get fined if it's reported or the commissar saw it. 

Crazy.

is there an aerodynamic reason why one wouldn't just whizz away while riding?

Kinda like dropping an oil slick in a car chase, might have some unforeseen advantages, especially in getting that pesky french rider off your tail.

(03-13-2024, 05:01 PM)Sneakers Wrote: There are so many ways this could be misunderstood....

Hey, you never know when your favorite rider breaks his seat post, and here comes winger with his handle to save the day!

They do. They ride along the side of the road opposite of the peloton, pull their dipstick out of their shorts and whizz while riding. If spectators happen to be around they might get hosed down. This is the first time I've ever seen it happen in town. There weren't a lot of spectators but enough that the rider should have waited.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-14-2024, 07:34 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-14-2024, 01:37 PM)Mikey Wrote: is there an aerodynamic reason why one wouldn't just whizz away while riding?

Kinda like dropping an oil slick in a car chase, might have some unforeseen advantages, especially in getting that pesky french rider off your tail.

Hey, you never know when your favorite rider breaks his seat post, and here comes winger with his handle to save the day!

They do. They ride along the side of the road opposite of the peloton, pull their dipstick out of their shorts and whizz while riding. If spectators happen to be around they might get hosed down. This is the first time I've ever seen it happen in town. There weren't a lot of spectators but enough that the rider should have waited.

So, they whiz while they're whizzing by?  If they're riding slowly, are they still whizzing?   Should we credit professional cyclists for the informal expansion of the definition of "whiz"?  When racing in the United Kingdom, do they whiz on the opposite side?  This is all very confusing, and we haven't even yet discussed how female cyclists handle the problem (no pun intended).
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-15-2024, 10:48 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-14-2024, 07:34 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: They do. They ride along the side of the road opposite of the peloton, pull their dipstick out of their shorts and whizz while riding. If spectators happen to be around they might get hosed down. This is the first time I've ever seen it happen in town. There weren't a lot of spectators but enough that the rider should have waited.

So, they whiz while they're whizzing by?  If they're riding slowly, are they still whizzing?   Should we credit professional cyclists for the informal expansion of the definition of "whiz"?  When racing in the United Kingdom, do they whiz on the opposite side?  This is all very confusing, and we haven't even yet discussed how female cyclists handle the problem (no pun intended).

I think they gotta do this move. 

[Image: hq720-1.jpg]
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Here's one of the most SAVAGE burns I've ever heard..........

[Image: shutterstock-1363058510-Think-Before-You...g-pro.webp]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(03-14-2024, 07:34 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: They do. They ride along the side of the road opposite of the peloton, pull their dipstick out of their shorts and whizz while riding. If spectators happen to be around they might get hosed down. This is the first time I've ever seen it happen in town. There weren't a lot of spectators but enough that the rider should have waited.

Yes, they whizz while whizzing by. They ride slower while whizzing since they only have one hand on the handlebars. Sometimes they have a teammate riding next to them on the whizz-free side helping them stay upright. Lol. 

I can't even tell you how women handle this. Their races aren't as long as the men's races are so maybe they're across the finish line before it becomes a problem. 

Also can't tell you about racing in the UK since all of the races are in Europe.

Played golf today.  Well…six holes.  Lightning in the distance as I was completed six.  My irrational (or rational) fear of lightning coupled with the fact that TX is number one in lightning deaths (FL coming in at #2) and I skeedaddled to the truck.  I figured beer at Hooters was the safer option.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-15-2024, 12:44 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-15-2024, 10:48 AM)Sneakers Wrote: So, they whiz while they're whizzing by?  If they're riding slowly, are they still whizzing?   Should we credit professional cyclists for the informal expansion of the definition of "whiz"?  When racing in the United Kingdom, do they whiz on the opposite side?  This is all very confusing, and we haven't even yet discussed how female cyclists handle the problem (no pun intended).

Yes, they whizz while whizzing by. They ride slower while whizzing since they only have one hand on the handlebars. Sometimes they have a teammate riding next to them on the whizz-free side helping them stay upright. Lol. 

I can't even tell you how women handle this. Their races aren't as long as the men's races are so maybe they're across the finish line before it becomes a problem. 

Also can't tell you about racing in the UK since all of the races are in Europe.

Now we know what Winger's broom handle is for!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Question, What do you have when your rooster gets erectile dysfunction. Answer, A Boneless Chicken
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2024, 10:45 AM by RicoTx.)

So I don't know if anybody is interested in some wild golf clothes, but my friend told me about this site.  

I like wearing goofy/different [BLEEP] when I'm out there playing.  

Website is hreski.com if you feel like looking.  Not spamming, I just thought there was some pretty cool stuff there.  I just ordered four pairs of shorts for my upcoming Myrtle trip.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

OK..... So I once again found myself sitting along Carroll Creek Park today just enjoying the spring weather and contemplating life in general. When out of the blue, a very friendly dog jumped up on the bench I was on. It's owner, also a very friendly person, started to apologize for the dog. I just told her not to worry about it since I'm a dog person anyway. We had a brief conversation about her dog and the ones I've had throughout my life. It was then I noticed the shirt she was wearing had a chess piece on it with the caption, I'm The Queen. That brought up a memory from my Jr. High School days. I had this friend by the name of Tom Ikelspock, the man had a mind that would have put Carl Sagan, and other great minds all throughout time to shame. Since we lived within 3 blocks of each other, we would stop at his house everyday after school to play a few games of chess. Now, here's the interesting part, while we played the game, we would be blasting Led Zeppelin music. I think we invented the sport of Extreme heavy metal chess. Too bad it never caught on as an Olympic sport LOL. Tom is only 1 of 2 people that I NEVER beat in a game of chess. The other person was a guy by the name of John Tobry. Now John was a pretty decent guy, it's just that he had some learning disabilities, lacked some social skills and he was what we would call today as being someone on the spectrum. (We had another term for it back then that would not be considered politically correct today) Anyway, if you made the mistake of getting this man on a chess board, all bets were off. The man didn't even need to see the board, all you needed to do was call out your moves and he would still beat you, he was that good. I haven't seen him for about 25 years as of today and if memory serves me right, he was the last person I ever played a game of chess against. And even to this day, I believe that not even Fisher, Spassky, or even Deep Blue would have stood a chance against him on a chess board........

Then something interesting happened, some guy, already 1/2 drunk at 12:30 in the afternoon, got on me about not having anything green on being it was Saint Patricks day. Well, being the fact that I've never seen, met, or spoken 2 words to before today, and that he was already 1/2 drunk, kind of set off my "Smart [BLEEP]" mode. I kindly informed him that I was of Scottish ancestry, Not Irish so......... And that I have never met an Irishman, or for that matter, an Australian that I couldn't drink under the table so I have that going for me....... Shut his drunk [BLEEP] up real fast....... LOL

(03-17-2024, 01:40 PM)The Drifter Wrote: OK..... So I once again found myself sitting along Carroll Creek Park today just enjoying the spring weather and contemplating life in general. When out of the blue, a very friendly dog jumped up on the bench I was on. It's owner, also a very friendly person, started to apologize for the dog. I just told her not to worry about it since I'm a dog person anyway. We had a brief conversation about her dog and the ones I've had throughout my life. It was then I noticed the shirt she was wearing had a chess piece on it with the caption, I'm The Queen. That brought up a memory from my Jr. High School days. I had this friend by the name of Tom Ikelspock, the man had a mind that would have put Carl Sagan, and other great minds all throughout time to shame. Since we lived within 3 blocks of each other, we would stop at his house everyday after school to play a few games of chess. Now, here's the interesting part, while we played the game, we would be blasting Led Zeppelin music. I think we invented the sport of Extreme heavy metal chess. Too bad it never caught on as an Olympic sport LOL. Tom is only 1 of 2 people that I NEVER beat in a game of chess. The other person was a guy by the name of John Tobry. Now John was a pretty decent guy, it's just that he had some learning disabilities, lacked some social skills and he was what we would call today as being someone on the spectrum. (We had another term for it back then that would not be considered politically correct today) Anyway, if you made the mistake of getting this man on a chess board, all bets were off. The man didn't even need to see the board, all you needed to do was call out your moves and he would still beat you, he was that good. I haven't seen him for about 25 years as of today and if memory serves me right, he was the last person I ever played a game of chess against. And even to this day, I believe that not even Fisher, Spassky, or even Deep Blue would have stood a chance against him on a chess board........

Then something interesting happened, some guy, already 1/2 drunk at 12:30 in the afternoon, got on me about not having anything green on being it was Saint Patricks day. Well, being the fact that I've never seen, met, or spoken 2 words to before today, and that he was already 1/2 drunk, kind of set off my "Smart [BLEEP]" mode. I kindly informed him that I was of Scottish ancestry, Not Irish so......... And that I have never met an Irishman, or for that matter, an Australian that I couldn't drink under the table so I have that going for me....... Shut his drunk [BLEEP] up real fast....... LOL

You didn't make your move with the chick with the dog?!?

Shoot your shot, dude!!

(03-17-2024, 01:59 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-17-2024, 01:40 PM)The Drifter Wrote: OK..... So I once again found myself sitting along Carroll Creek Park today just enjoying the spring weather and contemplating life in general. When out of the blue, a very friendly dog jumped up on the bench I was on. It's owner, also a very friendly person, started to apologize for the dog. I just told her not to worry about it since I'm a dog person anyway. We had a brief conversation about her dog and the ones I've had throughout my life. It was then I noticed the shirt she was wearing had a chess piece on it with the caption, I'm The Queen. That brought up a memory from my Jr. High School days. I had this friend by the name of Tom Ikelspock, the man had a mind that would have put Carl Sagan, and other great minds all throughout time to shame. Since we lived within 3 blocks of each other, we would stop at his house everyday after school to play a few games of chess. Now, here's the interesting part, while we played the game, we would be blasting Led Zeppelin music. I think we invented the sport of Extreme heavy metal chess. Too bad it never caught on as an Olympic sport LOL. Tom is only 1 of 2 people that I NEVER beat in a game of chess. The other person was a guy by the name of John Tobry. Now John was a pretty decent guy, it's just that he had some learning disabilities, lacked some social skills and he was what we would call today as being someone on the spectrum. (We had another term for it back then that would not be considered politically correct today) Anyway, if you made the mistake of getting this man on a chess board, all bets were off. The man didn't even need to see the board, all you needed to do was call out your moves and he would still beat you, he was that good. I haven't seen him for about 25 years as of today and if memory serves me right, he was the last person I ever played a game of chess against. And even to this day, I believe that not even Fisher, Spassky, or even Deep Blue would have stood a chance against him on a chess board........

You didn't make your move with the chick with the dog?!?

Shoot your shot, dude!!

I had already been married to one "Queen" for 11 years, not taking that chance again............ I'm too much of a free spirit to be tied down again.........

(03-17-2024, 02:07 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(03-17-2024, 01:59 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: You didn't make your move with the chick with the dog?!?

Shoot your shot, dude!!

I had already been married to one "Queen" for 11 years, not taking that chance again............ I'm too much of a free spirit to be tied down again.........

Nobody talkin bout marriage, dude.. You just want someone to play with your ding dong.

(03-17-2024, 02:17 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(03-17-2024, 02:07 PM)The Drifter Wrote: I had already been married to one "Queen" for 11 years, not taking that chance again............ I'm too much of a free spirit to be tied down again.........

Nobody talkin bout marriage, dude.. You just want someone to play with your ding dong.

That might be nice and all but........ My last relationship went to hell back in July of 2006 so....... For the last almost 18 years I've been a DIY Guy.......  It's like what the character McCully said in the movie HEAT "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you can't walk away from in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner" LOL

(03-17-2024, 02:49 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(03-17-2024, 02:17 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Nobody talkin bout marriage, dude.. You just want someone to play with your ding dong.

That might be nice and all but........ My last relationship went to hell back in July of 2006 so....... For the last almost 18 years I've been a DIY Guy.......  It's like what the character McCully said in the movie HEAT "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you can't walk away from in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner" LOL

You gotta get those "relationship" and "marriage" words removed from your vocabulary for now, dude.. Let that happen naturally. You know as well as I know, you can't rush that [BLEEP] or it usually ends up in the crapper.

But, that doesn't mean you can't have fun.. Today is St. Patrick's Day.. The green beer is flowin and that means skirts are risin lolol

If I wasn't married, I'd be out findin me an Irish lass lol

Worry not about people that talk behind your back. This simply means you are one step ahead of them, and they are in the right location to kiss your [BLEEP]

My bicycle seat has a hole in the middle....jus sayin

This is crazy. I just found out that JEA is putting Dihydrogen Monoxide in our drinking water. Why is nobody saying anything about this?

(03-19-2024, 01:09 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: This is crazy.  I just found out that JEA is putting Dihydrogen Monoxide in our drinking water.  Why is nobody saying anything about this?

Rolleyes

Today I learned David Hasselhoff spent his childhood in Jacksonville. 

That does it, I’m naming my truck Kit.