Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Booze Thread

(07-12-2022, 10:33 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Blue Moon…ick.

It's a perfectly fine beer to drink while sitting on the beach during the summer.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-12-2022, 11:33 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Publix had some good sales on staples the last two weeks. Blue Moon was Bogo as was Kona label. I also bought some Island Brewing Company lager; highly recommend. I'm stocked up until August!

Publix down here didn't have any of that on Bogo.  Instead the bogo was Dogfish brewery products.  I like em strong but not that strong.  
Instead I got the Sierra Nevada variety pack at Costco.  Their pale ale and torpedo are so good that I'm fine with the others being riskier flavors I might not like as much.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-12-2022, 10:47 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-12-2022, 11:33 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Publix had some good sales on staples the last two weeks. Blue Moon was Bogo as was Kona label. I also bought some Island Brewing Company lager; highly recommend. I'm stocked up until August!

Publix down here didn't have any of that on Bogo.  Instead the bogo was Dogfish brewery products.  I like em strong but not that strong.  
Instead I got the Sierra Nevada variety pack at Costco.  Their pale ale and torpedo are so good that I'm fine with the others being riskier flavors I might not like as much.

Dogfish is on sale this week here too; the others were over the 4th. I don't care for DFH, haven't been able to find one that I like.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2022, 04:50 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-12-2022, 10:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-12-2022, 10:33 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Blue Moon…ick.

It's a perfectly fine beer to drink while sitting on the beach during the summer.

If you say so.  I got it once, because it was some promo and it was free.  That was enough for me.  I find some of my local blonde ales much better for summer sippin’.

Please don’t tell me you but orange in it…
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-13-2022, 04:46 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(07-12-2022, 10:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's a perfectly fine beer to drink while sitting on the beach during the summer.

If you say so.  I got it once, because it was some promo and it was free.  That was enough for me.  I find some of my local blonde ales much better for summer sippin’.

Not when on the beach .

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2022, 08:44 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-14-2022, 09:34 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-13-2022, 04:46 PM)RicoTx Wrote: If you say so.  I got it once, because it was some promo and it was free.  That was enough for me.  I find some of my local blonde ales much better for summer sippin’.

Not when on the beach .
I’m not trying to call you out, but you so totally put an orange in it.  Take that for what’s it’s worth.   I Drink bud light.  My opinion probably doesn’t matter.

(07-14-2022, 07:16 PM)Jags Wrote:
(07-14-2022, 09:34 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Not when on the beach .
I’m not trying to call you out, but you so totally put an orange in it.  Take that for what’s it’s worth.   I Drink bud light.  My opinion probably doesn’t matter.

If I'm at a bar and they put an orange garnish then I drink it with an orange. If I take the cooler to the beach I don't take oranges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAXk8h1iHAw
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Lol, Man Law from a Miller Lite commercial

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2022, 08:01 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

I remember that commercial.  Funny stuff.  No love for those that drink the bud light?  It’s the second most popular beer in the world.  I’m not saying it’s “good beer”.  I’m just saying that on a message board with a hundred or so frequent users I shouldn’t be the only one that drinks that piss.  I’m mean be man enough to own it.  That’s all I’m asking.  Where’s my fellow cheap beer drinkers? You know, the guys that actually earn it after a hard days work? Haha

Money is tight.. my bedroom is littered with empty cans of PBR

Beer wise, been drinking Michelob Ultra or Miller Lite...... Now when I want a whiskey, it's Southern Comfort and Ginger Ale........
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

McCormick’s vanilla extract tonight for me. Maybe some Sudafed.

Used to drink this stuff when I was like 18-19..... just looking for a cheap drunk..... It was like $2 a 6 pack in my area

[Image: BEER2.jpg]

(09-01-2022, 06:47 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Used to drink this stuff when I was like 18-19..... just looking for a cheap drunk..... It was like $2 a 6 pack in my area

[Image: BEER2.jpg]

Generic beer....what could go wrong?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(09-01-2022, 06:39 PM)Jags Wrote: McCormick’s vanilla extract tonight for me.  Maybe some Sudafed.

LOL

I snort laughed

I'm taking the edge off a long day with a couple pours of Elijah Craig Straight Rye tonight. 
Solid mid-tier bourbon (rye whiskey technically, but you know...)

Lately I've been drinking spiked Arnold Palmers. It's half tea, half lemonade, and a shot of anything like vodka or rum. The non-alcoholic version was actually invented by Arnold Palmer. After a round of golf, he would ask the waiter for a glass of half iced tea and half lemonade. One time, a lady at the next table told the waiter, "I'll have one of those Arnold Palmer drinks." And that's how the name stuck. I like it because it has both caffeine and alcohol.

I got $10 off a case of Dos Equis at Publix, sale is on until Wednesday.

[Image: ecoli.jpg]

Drink Buffalo Trace all day yesterday. Made the day's events easier to stomach.