Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Booze Thread

Just relaxing a little tonight...... Having a few Michelob Ultra's and some Southern Comfort shots
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-21-2022, 09:26 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Just relaxing a little tonight...... Having a few Michelob Ultra's and some Southern Comfort shots

Nothing wrong with a few mickeys. Never been a fan of the SoCo, though

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2022, 10:00 PM by The Drifter. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-21-2022, 09:37 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(12-21-2022, 09:26 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Just relaxing a little tonight...... Having a few Michelob Ultra's and some Southern Comfort shots

Nothing wrong with a few mickeys. Never been a fan of the SoCo, though

Well, on my personal bar I have the following, Johnnie Walker Double Black, Johnnie Walker Black, Johnnie Walker Red, Crown Royal, Goldschlager, Old Bay Vodka (It's a Maryland thing), Grand Marnier, Southern Comfort (Both 70 and 100 proof), And 2 small batch bourbons, Motorhead's Ace of Spades Bourbon, And Mullenberg's John Prine Gold. SO I think I have a well stocked home bar...... Here's a current shot of my stock.......

[Image: IMG_0908_1_.JPG]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Moscow Mules.

All day everyday baby

Had this at a local brewery yesterday.  It has quite a unique name.

[Image: Beer.jpg]
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I got to feeling good Christmas night on homemade coquito fortified with Don Q Cristal rum. Then the night was finished off doing shots of a blueberry whiskey from the Jaguars distillery, some Jameson orange, and a Polish brand vodka flavored with something that made it very smooth, I don't remember what. My memory is a little fuzzy, for some reason.

The Mgmt staff at one of my jobs pitched in and gifted me a really nice bottle of tequila for Christmas. 
Extra anejos like this drink a lot like a cognac. I've been enjoying night cap sips from a snifter.  Awesome stuff. 

[Image: Avion_Tequila_Mexico_Reserva_44_750ml_en...1650869642]

(12-27-2022, 11:56 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I got to feeling good Christmas night on homemade coquito fortified with Don Q Cristal rum. Then the night was finished off doing shots of a blueberry whiskey from the Jaguars distillery, some Jameson orange, and a Polish brand vodka flavored with something that made it very smooth, I don't remember what. My memory is a little fuzzy, for some reason.

Coquito…yum! Damn I miss my late mil’s coquito and her rum cake.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Anyone else a big Belgian beer fan?

Must say they have the best kinds of beer.

Right now am drinking some Duvel, simply lovely.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(12-27-2022, 07:14 PM)Butters Wrote: Anyone else a big Belgian beer fan?

I've long been a fan of the Westmalle double if going for the heavier side and the Palm ale if keeping it conventional. `

Despite the hype surrounding American craft beers I'm still a very big fan of Belgian, German, and Czech beers that have been around for centuries.

I like some of the old school UK brews too, but those are a different animal.

I'm probably not gonna make it out of work in time to buy beer.. bummer. Good thing I have some Gin left..

(12-27-2022, 07:14 PM)Butters Wrote: Anyone else a big Belgian beer fan?

I do have a soft spot for Belgian and German beers as well.
But one thing I noticed while living in Germany is Germans seemed to not be aware of Belgian beer.  I talked to a lot of different people about beer and even went to a beer store that had hundreds of different brands to choose from, yet no Belgian stuff.  And I was in Belgium for a couple of days and didn't notice any German beers being available there.
Maybe that's changed.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Pregaming downtown with a rocky Patel maduro and lagunitas IPA

Going simple with my Yuengling.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

JW Blue to celebrate the division title.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I'm cutting calories for the first few months this year. Miller lite or liquor + soda water.
Already established that CC Rye is great with soda water, Bacardi silver is too. Anybody else got liquor recommendations for mixing with soda water?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-08-2023, 09:48 AM)mikesez Wrote: I'm cutting calories for the first few months this year.  Miller lite or liquor + soda water.
Already established that CC Rye is great with soda water, Bacardi silver is too. Anybody else got liquor recommendations for mixing with soda water?

A good tequila with soda and a lime works pretty well. I'm marrying off a daughter in March so I'm in the same boat, gotta get my fat [BLEEP] in that tux.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

1 for 8 on my dry week. Last night all I drank was the teal cool aid. Only way I was able to stay up that late. Maybe I can go 2/14 next week

[Image: medbeer.jpg]

I'm staying out of here during my dry January (what was I thinking?)