Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Democratic Presidential Candidates

I must admit that I wish we had Trump in our Democratic Debates. I'd love to see what nicknames he'd be coming up with and who he'd be abusing for being staged on each end of the debate (because they are lowest in the primary polls)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-07-2019, 05:09 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I must admit that I wish we had Trump in our Democratic Debates.  I'd love to see what nicknames he'd be coming up with and who he'd be abusing for being staged on each end of the debate (because they are lowest in the primary polls)

I've wished that every single time a sitting President was up for re-election.  We're supposed to wait until about six weeks before the election before the President actually has to answer a question from a challenger.  It's weird.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(05-07-2019, 01:36 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 11:59 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Liberal Logic. Take the massive outlier and create your argument around that.

If you make a statement that all career politicians are bad, you are inviting people to offer examples of career politicians who were not bad.  We could also go with Adams, Van Buren, Tyler, Fillmore, Pierce, Buchanan, Hayes, Cleveland, and Coolidge, as examples of Presidents who spent nearly their entire working lives in politics.

Are they meant to be examples of good people?

(05-07-2019, 07:17 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 01:36 PM)mikesez Wrote: If you make a statement that all career politicians are bad, you are inviting people to offer examples of career politicians who were not bad.  We could also go with Adams, Van Buren, Tyler, Fillmore, Pierce, Buchanan, Hayes, Cleveland, and Coolidge, as examples of Presidents who spent nearly their entire working lives in politics.

Are they meant to be examples of good people?

Hey, if you want to offer the opinion that a quarter of all the presidents we've ever had were bad people, in a thread about American politics, I don't think many people will take you seriously, and I know something about not being taken seriously.

I suspect FLsportsGod has a particular affection for Coolidge.

(05-07-2019, 07:24 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 07:17 PM)JackCity Wrote: Are they meant to be examples of good people?

Hey, if you want to offer the opinion that a quarter of all the presidents we've ever had were bad people, in a thread about American politics, I don't think many people will take you seriously, and I know something about not being taken seriously.

"I wish to save people. The men and women of this country who toil are the ones who bear the cost of the Government. Every dollar that we carelessly waste means that their life will be so much the more meager. Every dollar that we prudently save means that their life will be so much the more abundant. Economy is idealism in its most practical form."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Any dems on here want to defend Brian Sims for his attempt to dox underage girls?

(05-07-2019, 07:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 07:24 PM)mikesez Wrote: Hey, if you want to offer the opinion that a quarter of all the presidents we've ever had were bad people, in a thread about American politics, I don't think many people will take you seriously, and I know something about not being taken seriously.

"I wish to save people. The men and women of this country who toil are the ones who bear the cost of the Government. Every dollar that we carelessly waste means that their life will be so much the more meager. Every dollar that we prudently save means that their life will be so much the more abundant. Economy is idealism in its most practical form."

*Unless they are Asian

(05-07-2019, 07:24 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 07:17 PM)JackCity Wrote: Are they meant to be examples of good people?

I would offer the opinion that they've all been bad

(05-07-2019, 08:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Any dems on here want to defend Brian Sims for his attempt to dox underage girls?

To the left, any collateral damage is acceptable as long as they rule in the end.

Ends justify the means.

Fair game.

Permanence and total destruction of opposition is the end game.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2019, 10:31 PM by mikesez.)

(05-07-2019, 08:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Any dems on here want to defend Brian Sims for his attempt to dox underage girls?

He's trying to become the next Michael Avenatti. If we ignore him, he will go away.
I was surprised how he called the pro-life movement part of white privilege.  I'll admit you don't see too many non white people at the March for Life, but I've seen no indication that they wouldn't be welcome if they did come.
Are there any Dems on here?! I can't remember seeing one.

(05-07-2019, 08:44 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 07:24 PM)mikesez Wrote: Hey, if you want to offer the opinion that a quarter of all the presidents we've ever had were bad people, in a thread about American politics, I don't think many people will take you seriously, and I know something about not being taken seriously.

I would offer the opinion that they've all been bad

It does take a certain kind of person to stand up from among your peers and say, "I can lead you! Vote for me!". A narcissistic, prideful person.  But these people usually have quite a few good qualities to go along with that.  And in any case a few of our Presidents were basically begged and goaded into running.  George Washington and Dwight Eisenhower being two.

(05-07-2019, 10:12 PM)pirkster Wrote: To the left, any collateral damage is acceptable as long as they rule in the end.

Ends justify the means.

Fair game.

[Image: 30f649.jpg]

(05-07-2019, 11:54 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 10:12 PM)pirkster Wrote: To the left, any collateral damage is acceptable as long as they rule in the end.

Ends justify the means.

Fair game.

[Image: 30f649.jpg]

According the most of the candidates you are pulling for, America was never actually great in the first place, right?

Honestly though, the numbers don't like, and Trump is the only type of president that will ever stand up to China. Crazy Joe doesn't see China as a threat because his entire family is in bed with them. Scary times.

(05-07-2019, 08:39 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 07:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "I wish to save people. The men and women of this country who toil are the ones who bear the cost of the Government. Every dollar that we carelessly waste means that their life will be so much the more meager. Every dollar that we prudently save means that their life will be so much the more abundant. Economy is idealism in its most practical form."

*Unless they are Asian

Meh, he was an Isolationist in post WW1 America. He wasn't alone and he didnt concentrate on deport the ones already here. The 2% Rule was acceptable for the times IMO.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Does anyone else get the impression that Amy Klobuchar is a shrill, hair-triggered Hillary Clinton light? I get an uneasy vibe from her like she's putting on a false face.

(05-08-2019, 07:16 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Does anyone else get the impression that Amy Klobuchar is a shrill, hair-triggered Hillary Clinton light? I get an uneasy vibe from her like she's putting on a false face.

She eats salad with a comb. It didn't take a town hall to show how insane she is. 90% of these people aren't serious about running.

(05-07-2019, 11:54 PM)TJBender Wrote:

Ends justify the means.

Fair game.

Are you denying the radical left would prefer to end the Electoral College?

Surely you aren't hiding under a rock currently.  But perhaps you are, since Orange Man President.

It's precisely what the fake dossier, and "insurance policy" was all about - to prevent and/or unseat a duly elected President.  Prior to that, it was superdelegate shenanigans to ensure Hillary was the chosen one.  They do everything possible to end run the Constitution and law in their lust for permanence of power.

Which you seem fine with (regardless of which part it is.)  Otherwise, you'd agree.

(05-08-2019, 08:31 PM)pirkster Wrote: Are you denying the radical left would prefer to end the Electoral College?

Surely you aren't hiding under a rock currently.  But perhaps you are, since Orange Man President.

It's precisely what the fake dossier, and "insurance policy" was all about - to prevent and/or unseat a duly elected President.  Prior to that, it was superdelegate shenanigans to ensure Hillary was the chosen one.  They do everything possible to end run the Constitution and law in their lust for permanence of power.

Which you seem fine with (regardless of which part it is.)  Otherwise, you'd agree.

You're confusing the ideological left with the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party has rotted from the inside out. Years of cronyism and control by a select few (Clintons, Obamas, etc.) who have figured out how to manipulate the party to maximize their own personal gain while keeping the blinders on the masses. That backfired in a big way with the Hillary rigging, and that is what directly led to the AOCs of the world. The Democratic Party has begrudgingly acknowledged that crowd as its best way to survive in a world where it's thoroughly alienated the center. It's not that the Republican Party wasn't doing the same thing, they just didn't get caught by Wikileaks. Or maybe they did, and it wasn't released at the request of a "mutual friend" of Assange and GOP leadership. In any event, Donald Trump co-opting the Republican Party probably saved it from the same fate. Had Jeb Bush run against Hillary Clinton, the Presidency that ensued would have been even more disastrous than Trump's (yes, Trump is a disaster), and the fallout would have destroyed both parties.

Which would have been a good thing, but I digress.

You want me to acknowledge that one political party acts in ways that benefit it at the expense of others? Yeah, no [BLEEP]. In other news, the sky is blue, except at night, when it's black with some subtle, lovely blue and white accents. Trump's launched his own assault on the Constitution, but he's got you feeding out of his hand to rationalize it the same way that Bernie Sanders has millions of idiots convinced that he can magically give the whole country free healthcare and only those rich bastards who want your family to die of dysentery are going to have to pay for it.

(05-08-2019, 08:46 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 08:31 PM)pirkster Wrote: Are you denying the radical left would prefer to end the Electoral College?

You're confusing the ideological left with the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party has rotted from the inside out. Years of cronyism and control by a select few (Clintons, Obamas, etc.) who have figured out how to manipulate the party to maximize their own personal gain while keeping the blinders on the masses. That backfired in a big way with the Hillary rigging, and that is what directly led to the AOCs of the world. The Democratic Party has begrudgingly acknowledged that crowd as its best way to survive in a world where it's thoroughly alienated the center. It's not that the Republican Party wasn't doing the same thing, they just didn't get caught by Wikileaks. Or maybe they did, and it wasn't released at the request of a "mutual friend" of Assange and GOP leadership. In any event, Donald Trump co-opting the Republican Party probably saved it from the same fate. Had Jeb Bush run against Hillary Clinton, the Presidency that ensued would have been even more disastrous than Trump's (yes, Trump is a disaster), and the fallout would have destroyed both parties.

Which would have been a good thing, but I digress.

You want me to acknowledge that one political party acts in ways that benefit it at the expense of others? Yeah, no [BLEEP]. In other news, the sky is blue, except at night, when it's black with some subtle, lovely blue and white accents. Trump's launched his own assault on the Constitution, but he's got you feeding out of his hand to rationalize it the same way that Bernie Sanders has millions of idiots convinced that he can magically give the whole country free healthcare and only those rich bastards who want your family to die of dysentery are going to have to pay for it.

Exactly.

There's actually a sane one running. I would have never imagined.

I must say I am impressed there is, indeed, actually an honest Democrat out there who put his hat in the race.

https://twitter.com/AmiHorowitz/status/1...1183042560

(05-08-2019, 08:54 PM)pirkster Wrote: There's actually a sane one running.  I would have never imagined.

I must say I am impressed there is, indeed, actually an honest Democrat out there who put his hat in the race.

https://twitter.com/AmiHorowitz/status/1...1183042560

The guy shilling for an apartheid state is sane? I'm not so sure about that