Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Democratic Presidential Candidates

(03-27-2020, 09:50 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: A historical reference is Lyndon Johnson. The patrician Kennedys held him in distant contempt, but he brought in the Southern Democrat vote. LBJ's subsequent terms as President were salt in the wound of JFK's family. Robert Kennedy wanted desperately to regain the office. 

They were both good men. I sometimes wonder what direction our country would have taken if only one of them had lived on. Ted's act of reprobation at Chappaquiddick forever disqualified him.

Interesting question, especially as they both had relatively short political careers.  I think they each became larger in death, than they actually were in life.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2020, 10:27 PM by Jags.)

(03-27-2020, 10:14 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 09:50 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: A historical reference is Lyndon Johnson. The patrician Kennedys held him in distant contempt, but he brought in the Southern Democrat vote. LBJ's subsequent terms as President were salt in the wound of JFK's family. Robert Kennedy wanted desperately to regain the office. 

They were both good men. I sometimes wonder what direction our country would have taken if only one of them had lived on. Ted's act of reprobation at Chappaquiddick forever disqualified him.

Interesting question, especially as they both had relatively short political careers.  I think they each became larger in death, than they actually were in life.

I’m not sure if that applies to LBJ.  He did get sworn in on a plane ride not long after the assaination of JFK.  Plus, he lives on for being the president that regularly took a poo right in front of his aids.  I’m mean, for that alone, you’ve got to be a legend. Democrat or not.

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2020, 08:19 AM by Byron LeftTown.)

JFK faked his own death in 1963 and continued to direct the country from behind the scene at the Kennedy Compound. He had numerous medical issues and died in 1968, when his brother Robert faked his death and took over running the country. RFK was a great leader, with over 30 years of steady guidance until he died in 1999 and JFK Jr faked his death. John-John currently runs the USA.

(03-28-2020, 08:18 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: JFK faked his own death in 1963 and continued to direct the country from behind the scene at the Kennedy Compound.  He had numerous medical issues and died in 1968, when his brother Robert faked his death and took over running the country.  RFK was a great leader, with over 30 years of steady guidance until he died in 1999 and JFK Jr faked his death.  John-John currently runs the USA.

Empirical evidence of 5G damage.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2020, 01:11 PM by MalabarJag.)

(03-27-2020, 09:14 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 05:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Can you cite any credible source for that?  I would counter that Pence was exactly the right man for the job and is doing it well.  Which "boxes" does it check?  You liberals are the only ones that tend to do identity politics.

You want a credible source for rumors? That's an oxymoron!
Kasich says Donald Trump Jr. offered the job.  
We know that Trump has used his son for sensitive messages before.
And Kasich hasn't been caught lying about something important like this before.
Kasich was the second or third strongest rival to Trump Sr. during the campaign.  It seems likely that Trump Jr. approached Cruz first.
But Trump's team may have been locked in on getting a governor from the Rust Belt, and maybe Kasich was the only person besides Pence that got the call.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've read here about the VP position. By staying in the race long after he had no hope and drawing votes from Cruz, Kasich was blatantly trying to become VP. Had Trump offered him the job, Kasich would have rolled out his already printed Trump/Kasich banners.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(03-28-2020, 08:18 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: JFK faked his own death in 1963 and continued to direct the country from behind the scene at the Kennedy Compound.  He had numerous medical issues and died in 1968, when his brother Robert faked his death and took over running the country.  RFK was a great leader, with over 30 years of steady guidance until he died in 1999 and JFK Jr faked his death.  John-John currently runs the USA.

But what about the Illuminati?

The Illuminati faked it's death in 1785.

Bernie is out. Does anyone really care?

https://www.news4jax.com/news/politics/2...y-nominee/

And then there were none.

What a shame. Bernie had so much momentum until his supporters realized they would have to leave their parents basement to go out and vote for him.

The good news for Bernie is he will receive house #4 from the DNC and continue to lecture us on evils of the 1%.

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2020, 01:52 PM by p_rushing.)

Is Biden alive still? I don't know if he has figured out technology yet.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4753146cfbecd7c469c0...=giphy.gif]
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(04-08-2020, 11:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Bernie is out. Does anyone really care?

https://www.news4jax.com/news/politics/2...y-nominee/

The stock market cared.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(03-28-2020, 11:53 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Empirical evidence of 5G damage.

Laughing

Awkward position for Obama.

(04-08-2020, 06:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Awkward position for Obama.

Not really.  He will endorse Hillary when she decides the time is right.

Great opportunity for the DNC to pick who will actually be running. Whoever the VP is their choice since we know should Biden actually win he will resign shortly after being sworn in.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(04-09-2020, 03:01 PM)copycat Wrote: Great opportunity for the DNC to pick who will actually be running.  Whoever the VP is their choice since we know should Biden actually win he will resign shortly after being sworn in.

Hilldog coming back for round 2.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Something to think about.

The left likes to play "identity politics".  It's already apparent when Biden already committed to bringing on a woman as a running mate.  It's not going to be because of qualifications or being the best person for the job, it's going to be solely on the gender of the running mate.

Many guesses right now think that the selection will be Kamala Harris, not for her qualifications, but because she "checks a couple of boxes".

Biden also said that his cabinet "would reflect America".  Again picking persons not for their qualifications or being the best person for the job, but because of their skin color or gender.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(04-09-2020, 04:53 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Something to think about.

The left likes to play "identity politics".  It's already apparent when Biden already committed to bringing on a woman as a running mate.  It's not going to be because of qualifications or being the best person for the job, it's going to be solely on the gender of the running mate.

Many guesses right now think that the selection will be Kamala Harris, not for her qualifications, but because she "checks a couple of boxes".

Biden also said that his cabinet "would reflect America".  Again picking persons not for their qualifications or being the best person for the job, but because of their skin color or gender.

Honest question, because I don’t know... when McCain ran and chose Palin as his running mate I was still in H.S.   Politics were, let’s say, not what was on my mind.  I never heard of her until that point.  I understand she was governor of Alaska or maybe just a senator then.  At the time, I just thought that’s the same thing you are describing.  McCain from what I recall was the underdog and then announced Palin as running mate, I kinda laughed it off (not knowing who she was and her having decent looks) thinking that’ll get some votes. Good for him. Nice choice.  Although, your point remains.  That’s not the norm for the Republican Party.  And I can be way off.  I didn’t know much back then.