Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Democratic Presidential Candidates

(07-21-2020, 09:00 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-21-2020, 08:34 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I hope so, but I'm skeptical.

It doesn't matter what I say. Any instances I point to, you're gonna turn around and blame it on someone other than Trump and Pence. I know how this works. It's pointless.

Because it is a blanket leftist talking point with no supporting evidence. Same as "Trump is a racist!"

This is a FACT and anyone who disagrees, is probably one themselves.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-21-2020, 09:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(07-21-2020, 09:00 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Because it is a blanket leftist talking point with no supporting evidence. Same as "Trump is a racist!"

Moronic.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-21-2020, 09:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(07-21-2020, 09:00 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Because it is a blanket leftist talking point with no supporting evidence. Same as "Trump is a racist!"

Jemele Hill posting on the forum. We are moving on up in The Jungle.

(07-21-2020, 09:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-21-2020, 09:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This is a FACT and anyone who disagrees, is probably one themselves.

Moronic.

The truth hurts.

Any real estate investors in support of Joe Biden or convinced they "hate" orange man should take a look at Biden's plan for the real estate industry. Getting rid of the 1031 exchange will simply make people hold on to their properties longer, and any tax benefits taken away from property owners/landlords will simply be passed on to the tenant via rent. Destructive and short sighted.

https://therealdeal.com/2020/07/21/biden...-insiders/

(07-22-2020, 08:08 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Any real estate investors in support of Joe Biden or convinced they "hate" orange man should take a look at Biden's plan for the real estate industry. Getting rid of the 1031 exchange will simply make people hold on to their properties longer, and any tax benefits taken away from property owners/landlords will simply be passed on to the tenant via rent. Destructive and short sighted.

There are certainly too many loopholes in the income tax, and especially the capital gains tax.
Too many transactions take place with the sole motive of sheltering from taxes, none of this is productive, and only the accountants are happy about it.
This is the first I'm hearing of Biden's plan. I have no problem with treating real estate investment more like any other business. If you are trying to make money buying and selling and fixing up property, your profits should be taxed just like all other businesses.  The cost of goods would be what you paid for the property, what you paid for fixing it up and maintaining it, and your revenue would be rent or sales.  
It often works this way, but there are too many loopholes. Devil's in the details, of course.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-22-2020, 08:21 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 08:08 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Any real estate investors in support of Joe Biden or convinced they "hate" orange man should take a look at Biden's plan for the real estate industry. Getting rid of the 1031 exchange will simply make people hold on to their properties longer, and any tax benefits taken away from property owners/landlords will simply be passed on to the tenant via rent. Destructive and short sighted.

There are certainly too many loopholes in the income tax, and especially the capital gains tax.
Too many transactions take place with the sole motive of sheltering from taxes, none of this is productive, and only the accountants are happy about it.
This is the first I'm hearing of Biden's plan. I have no problem with treating real estate investment more like any other business. If you are trying to make money buying and selling and fixing up property, your profits should be taxed just like all other businesses.  The cost of goods would be what you paid for the property, what you paid for fixing it up and maintaining it, and your revenue would be rent or sales.  
It often works this way, but there are too many loopholes. Devil's in the details, of course.

If you are a flipper, you are already paying short term capital gains on your profits and getting boar hogged by Uncle Sam. The concept here is really no different than tariffs impacting the price of materials companies use to build products. At the end of the day, the additional cost gets passed on to the customer, or the tenant in this case. 

The 1031 exchange is just the start. Democrats want to also go after all deductions as well.

(07-22-2020, 12:42 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(07-21-2020, 09:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Moronic.

The truth hurts.

Sometimes, but what you wrote is simply laughable.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Joe Biden had 19 people on his webcast today.

The polls arent real folks.

(07-22-2020, 05:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Joe Biden had 19 people on his webcast today.

The polls arent real folks.

Webcast from his basement?  Did anyone tell him about it?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Has anyone actually watched a Biden interview lately? It's really bad. In a 100% controllable remote environment, his handlers are abruptly ending interviews. It is bad. Really bad.

Have you ever actually listened to Trump?

Can't really be critical of Biden if that's your criteria.

(07-23-2020, 12:02 AM)lastonealive Wrote: Have you ever actually listened to Trump?

Can't really be critical of Biden if that's your criteria.

Trump brags about passing a cognitive test, just to make sure he doesn't have brain damage. He told told Chris Wallace about how hard the last 5 questions were. According to a sample of the Montreal Cognitive Test, which most experts agree is the test he took, the last five questions include...... what is the date, month, year and day, where are you and what city are you in? Basically, he's saying it's really hard to know what day it is and where he's at. 

[Image: bunny-rabit.png]

Trumps interview with Mark Seagel last night was solid. He is 100% cognitively there. There is no arguing that. Biden owes his potential voters hard pressing interviews.

It is a grueling job and you are lying to yourself if you think Joe Biden can handle it in his current capacity.

"Donald Trump Shouldn’t Blame China For COVID19 Because People Can’t Make The Distinction between a South Korean and someone from Beijing"

(07-23-2020, 07:23 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trumps interview with Mark Seagel last night was solid. He is 100% cognitively there. There is no arguing that. Biden owes his potential voters hard pressing interviews.

It is a grueling job and you are lying to yourself if you think Joe Biden can handle it in his current capacity.
He’s so there dude.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV. I love Lamp.

It's not even a comparison. Sorry. Trump is an bumbling, inarticulate blowhard, but he's been a consistent bumbling, inarticulate blowhard. He speaks at a 5th grade level, but he has always done that. The version of Biden we have been seeing is a man who is in rapid deterioration. You get glimpses of his old self, but then very bad regression. I believe he will step out of this race after he picks his VP. I don't think he'll be able to beat Trump in a debate.

(07-23-2020, 08:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 07:23 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trumps interview with Mark Seagel last night was solid. He is 100% cognitively there. There is no arguing that. Biden owes his potential voters hard pressing interviews.

He’s so there dude.

Trump is a calculated, smart dude. Bringing up tests he has done and routinely pointing out Biden's mental issues forces people to talk about the issue. 

Is it at least fair to want Joe Biden to take the same cognitive Ronnie Jackson administered to Trump?

There are no drugs on this planet that can prop Biden up long enough for a debate, let alone multiple debates with Trump. If you are an American willing to vote for a candidate who can't get through prepared speeches, won't take unscripted questions, and is actively trying to avoid debates, you are devoid of all logic and reason.

It's coming Cleatwood...

(07-23-2020, 08:50 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 08:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: He’s so there dude.

Trump is a calculated, smart dude. Bringing up tests he has done and routinely pointing out Biden's mental issues forces people to talk about the issue. 

Is it at least fair to want Joe Biden to take the same cognitive Ronnie Jackson administered to Trump?

There are no drugs on this planet that can prop Biden up long enough for a debate, let alone multiple debates with Trump. If you are an American willing to vote for a candidate who can't get through prepared speeches, won't take unscripted questions, and is actively trying to avoid debates, you are devoid of all logic and reason.

It's coming Cleatwood...
So does Trump speak at a 5th grade level? And is he a bumbling inarticulate blowhard?

(07-23-2020, 08:53 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 08:50 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trump is a calculated, smart dude. Bringing up tests he has done and routinely pointing out Biden's mental issues forces people to talk about the issue. 

It's coming Cleatwood...
So does Trump speak at a 5th grade level? And is he a bumbling inarticulate blowhard?

What has being articulate ever gotten anybody in the real world? Give me the guy with street smarts 7 days a week!

If you want to convince yourself that an adult speaks at a 5th grade level while defending Joe Biden, can't help you there.