Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Preparing for week 1

(09-05-2019, 04:23 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/jaguarmavensi/status...48416?s=21

That’s how you beat Mahomes. Just be smart about it and make sure you have a spy on him at all times. Let Williams be the full time spy so it makes it easy on him his first game in.

https://twitter.com/genefrenette/status/...16128?s=21

Sounds like Harrison and/or Myles may be covering Kelce

Williams shooting a gap on a blitz won't give any QB time to throw if it is timed right.

I just hope the Jags press and don't sit in zone and get killed like last year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A lot of talk about how to stop Mahomes, lets focus on that Chiefs D.

The Chiefs D struggledast year and they've made a few changes on the D. Eric Berry and Justin Houston gone but they've added Tyrann Mathieu, Darron Lee from the Jets, Frank Clark from Seattle. 

Their front 7 is pretty solid, Okafor, Jones (who destroyed Bortles), Clark and Nnadi. Hitchens is a solid LB, Lee may be out with a concussion.

They added Breeland at corner from the Packers and Kyle Fuller at nickel corner. Mathieu replaces Berry.

One of the things I've been hearing from KC's camp, the D is playing very aggressive and that comes from having Mahomes. If they need to score 50 they can.

I think the Chiefs are going to try and get pressure with the front 7 and have the backfield jumping routes and playing for turnovers. 

The O has to put points up, it doesn't matter what the D does if we cant get 7 from drives. Really looking forward to Conley after the camp reviews and I want to see a healthy, angry Fournette running people over.

3 days!!

I'd look for Fournette to be used early to eat clock with the hope Foles will have short third down to convert with quick passes.
Excited to see what Flip has up his sleeve. He knows he probably needs to put up 24 points or more to have a shot.

Using pressure instead of contain versus Mahomes is not the way I'd do it, but if anyone has the horses on defense to try it, we're a good candidate. Hope it pans out. I've seen him destroy pressure by leaking out and flicking it accurately downfield many times.

(09-05-2019, 08:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd look for Fournette to be used early to eat clock with the hope Foles will have short third down to convert with quick passes.
Excited to see what Flip has up his sleeve. He knows he probably needs to put up 24 points or more to have a shot.

Using pressure instead of contain versus Mahomes is not the way I'd do it, but if anyone has the horses on defense to try it, we're a good candidate. Hope it pans out. I've seen him destroy pressure by leaking out and flicking it accurately downfield many times.

This is what gives me hope. Week 1, first day back at school, getting back into the swing of it. Hopefully the Chiefs wont be fully up and running. 

Hot Florida day, home crowd, Wash has been talking up the different looks, we have as good a shot at stopping Mahomes as anyone. Cant wait to see Jalen against Hill, those are the matchups Jalen wakes up for.

I think our offense will need a few games to get going. So I can’t pick the Jags.
If I was Wash, I would cover tight and try to get to Mahomes with the pass rush. I would not sit back and get picked apart.
Pressure pressure pressure, but I would cover tight so he can’t just dump it off.

(09-06-2019, 09:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think our offense will need a few games to get going.  So I can’t pick the Jags.  
If I was Wash, I would cover tight and try to get to Mahomes with the pass rush.  I would not sit back and get picked apart.  
Pressure pressure pressure, but I would cover tight so he can’t just dump it off.

Agreed. Pressure is a must. Remember how Garoppolo sliced our 2017 defense to pieces?

(09-05-2019, 08:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd look for Fournette to be used early to eat clock with the hope Foles will have short third down to convert with quick passes.

Would you prefer we sit in zone like we did alot last year and let him drive down the field with ease and grace?  Pressure is how you burst pipes, not watching the water/gas flow and hope it stops itself
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Basically zero chance we win this game. It sucks but it is what it is, at least it is out of the way.

(09-06-2019, 09:45 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:

Would you prefer we sit in zone like we did alot last year and let him drive down the field with ease and grace?  Pressure is how you burst pipes, not watching the water/gas flow and hope it stops itself

But that's where the 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 WR's come into play. You have to have safety help and they can beat you not just over the top but by taking a 5 yard slant for a 70 yd TD with that speed.

(09-06-2019, 11:28 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 09:45 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Would you prefer we sit in zone like we did alot last year and let him drive down the field with ease and grace?  Pressure is how you burst pipes, not watching the water/gas flow and hope it stops itself

But that's where the 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 WR's come into play. You have to have safety help and they can beat you not just over the top but by taking a 5 yard slant for a 70 yd TD with that speed.
When it comes to the aerial attack, the Chiefs can beat you any number of ways. They are the best screen team in football. They can take the deep shots with their speed guys. They can play the quick attack game with Kelce underneath. Through the air, they are pretty much perfect.

Where their offense *may* take a step back is in the run game. Williams, McCoy, and Thompson are not Kareem Hunt. They are decent but running between the tackles is not their strong suit. Play nickel all game. Let them run the ball if they want to but my god don't give up the big play.

(09-06-2019, 11:28 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 09:45 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Would you prefer we sit in zone like we did alot last year and let him drive down the field with ease and grace?  Pressure is how you burst pipes, not watching the water/gas flow and hope it stops itself

Having to throw the ball in <3 seconds makes it hard for anyone to get open. You can't hit WRs in stride unless you pick where you are throwing before the snap and just let it go.

Bring the pressure and make them guess where it is coming from. That guessing will take his eyes away from the WRs and move it to the line, giving the DL & LBs more time to get there.

You can't try to pressure and sit in a zone. Even with just the DL getting there, it leaves too much open space where a WR running a full speed has to be covered by someone in zone standing relatively still.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019, 12:12 PM by JagFan81.)

(09-06-2019, 11:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 11:28 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: But that's where the 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 WR's come into play. You have to have safety help and they can beat you not just over the top but by taking a 5 yard slant for a 70 yd TD with that speed.
When it comes to the aerial attack, the Chiefs can beat you any number of ways. They are the best screen team in football. They can take the deep shots with their speed guys. They can play the quick attack game with Kelce underneath. Through the air, they are pretty much perfect.

Where their offense *may* take a step back is in the run game. Williams, McCoy, and Thompson are not Kareem Hunt. They are decent but running between the tackles is not their strong suit. Play nickel all game. Let them run the ball if they want to but my god don't give up the big play.

Good point about the RB's, they are solid but theres no one that you have to really worry about. I think they'll try and use a lot of spread to try and get the run going and they use a lot of reverses and misdirection. If we can make them have to use the rum more and move more guys inside we can take them out how they want to play. 

Our D loves s challenge and this is probably the biggest right now and first game out the gate. They could send a real statement Sunday.

(09-06-2019, 11:57 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 11:28 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: But that's where the 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 WR's come into play. You have to have safety help and they can beat you not just over the top but by taking a 5 yard slant for a 70 yd TD with that speed.

Having to throw the ball in <3 seconds makes it hard for anyone to get open. You can't hit WRs in stride unless you pick where you are throwing before the snap and just let it go.

Bring the pressure and make them guess where it is coming from. That guessing will take his eyes away from the WRs and move it to the line, giving the DL & LBs more time to get there.

You can't try to pressure and sit in a zone. Even with just the DL getting there, it leaves too much open space where a WR running a full speed has to be covered by someone in zone standing relatively still.

Oh I'm not saying play zone all day,  Mahomes will kill you. Theres no one way to stop him or the Chiefs. D line is going to have to get pressure with 4 and keep Mahomes from running out the pocket, LB's going to have to cover Kelce and the RB's in passing plays and DB's going to have to cover extremely quick WR's and make every catch as tough as possible.

I'm hoping we have some looks Mahomes may not have seen before and get him guessing. We have the front 5 to cause enough disruption.

https://twitter.com/johnreid64/status/11...47425?s=21

Losing Cam last year was the beginning of the end.

We need a good left tackle out there and we don’t have one without him.

(09-06-2019, 12:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/johnreid64/status/11...47425?s=21

Wh..what?

Oh no. Hopefully this isn't bad but we haven't even kicked off yet!

(09-06-2019, 12:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/johnreid64/status/11...47425?s=21

Call Washington about Trent. Give them Cam and a 1st rounder.

Cam is now doubtful and Oesher just said Richardson is starting at LT.

Well I have said for a while now that I wanted Richardson to develop in our swing tackle, but this is not how I wanted it to happen.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019, 02:20 PM by knarnn.)

Cam doubtful and Richardson to start at LT.

Great!

Praying for Nick Foles.

Our season starts next week. (At least that’s what I’m telling myself so that I don’t get disappointed after Sunday’s thrashing.)

https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...30924?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

So, he played in the preseason, but not now. Das not it mane. Goes to show you, life is pain.