Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-16-2019, 11:07 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 09:24 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Imagine actually wanting to trade a guy who just held the best WR in the NFL to only 4 catches and 27 yards lmao..

Jalen wants to be traded, we don't want him to be traded. Imagine not being able to differentiate the two...

Ahh.. There's plenty of people on this forum that want to trade him... Just go read through this thread..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-16-2019, 10:58 PM)Hi JackCity Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 10:38 PM)knarnn Wrote: I don’t. 

If this is how reasonable adults act in your workplace I would highly recommend finding a new profession for your own sake.

The NFL isn't a normal workplace and shouldn't be compared to one. He's completely in his right to want to leave a tire fire franchise

I agree. It wasn’t my analogy. But is it normal to verbally confront your boss and physically touch him in ANY workplace?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2019, 11:17 PM by jj82284.)

This has to be all time one of the most shocking things ive ever seen.

They throw the towel in if they trade Ramsey before the Titans game. That will look very bad on the organization and to the fans to just give up after 2 games.

Wash needs to go and let Capers take over. As far as Doug goes, it would be wise to release him after the Titans game if it leads to another loss. More prep time for the substitute coach for game 4.

The best trade destination I can think of is the Chargers

They likely want to capitalize on the last few years of Rivers, They can trade a 1st AND Melvin Gordon, have him and Fournette compete for an extension and bring out the best in both of them or just have a 2 headed monster rushing attack like we used to have with Fred Taylor and MJD.

or the Vikings, getting to play with Xavier Rhodes and Dalvin Cook again on a team that's ready to compete in the NFC North right now is enticing as well.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

If its anything outside of a possible top 10 draft pick i dont want it

(09-16-2019, 10:05 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Watching the Jags shows, the Jacksonville media just doesn't get Ramsey. Yes Ramsey talks trash, but for the most part he is not a distraction in the locker room. The guy wants to win, he isn't out there demanding a new contract like Yannick and holding out. He shows up and plays through injuries, doesn't complain about it. He is anything but AB. He wants to win and seeing what these coaches continue to do has just worn him down.

They also claimed that if they won, Ramsey and Moron would have been hugging after the game. I don't think so. I think this was the last straw with him. Unless Moron is gone, Ramsey will sit or retire.

Knowing you have no chance at winning going into a game makes it very hard to care and I don't think he can take it anymore.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

You can't be serious. We should have won that game, in fact if there were more angles on that 2 pt review, I think it would have been overturned... Also, if 1 or 2 things go slightly different, in fact Jalen was in control of 1 of those things, and he blew it. He should be really upset with himself. Its funny how self centered and irrational perspectives can be... We had a chance to win Sunday, we had a lot of chances to win last year, as injury riddled as we were. You guys have some God awful perspectives... That said, I wish Jalen was a bit more mature about the whole thing. We've all had bad bosses, you just keep your head down and be a pro about it until you find something better. I want Jalen here, its just clear as day he is not very mature. He will learn the hard way playing for another team.

(09-16-2019, 11:18 PM)Firesky Wrote: The best trade destination I can think of is the Chargers

They likely want to capitalize on the last few years of Rivers, They can trade a 1st AND Melvin Gordon, have him and Fournette compete for an extension and bring out the best in both of them or just have a 2 headed monster rushing attack like we used to have with Fred Taylor and MJD.

or the Vikings, getting to play with Xavier Rhodes and Dalvin Cook again on a team that's ready to compete in the NFC North right now is enticing as well.

Gordon is holding out because he wants more money.. Why would he suddenly end his hold out and play for us without getting a new contract?

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2019, 11:21 PM by JackCity.)

(09-16-2019, 11:15 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 10:58 PM)Hi JackCity Wrote: The NFL isn't a normal workplace and shouldn't be compared to one. He's completely in his right to want to leave a tire fire franchise

I agree. It wasn’t my analogy. But is it normal to verbally confront your boss and physically touch him in ANY workplace?

No but Jalen is the biggest star on a team that's continually failed over and over. This is months and years of frustration , not just one play.  If you're doing your job as one of the most important people in your company but everyone else isn't then I'd wager you'd be having harsh words with management if you truly care about your career and the company

It was coming to a head eventually

(09-16-2019, 10:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The irony of this is most people jokingly throw in Caldwells other 4th pick into the trade pool because he is so slow and horrible.

Caldwell is the absolute worst! My God.

If you held a gun to my head and asked me to choose Gene Smith or David Caldwell, I'd tell you to pull the trigger.

Kinda shocked at all of the reactions from people. Hard not to get pissed off and frustrated at this horrible coaching as a player, especially when nobody does anything about it and it just keeps going and going.

I was already on the fence about whether I kept wanting to watch this dumpster fire anymore this year but yeah trade our best player and it's settled. Wish they would trade that garbage running back while they're at it, but that will never happen. Rather have Yeldon and Grant here instead of Fournette.

(09-16-2019, 11:20 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 11:15 PM)knarnn Wrote: I agree. It wasn’t my analogy. But is it normal to verbally confront your boss and physically touch him in ANY workplace?

No but Jalen is the biggest star on a team that's continually failed over and over. This is months and years of frustration , not just one play.  If you're doing your job as one of the most important people in your company but everyone else isn't then I'd wager you'd be having harsh words with management if you truly care about your career and the company

It was coming to a head eventually

No one is above the team. They teach you this from peewee on up. Suck it up and control what you can control. It’s time to act like a 25 year not a 2 year old. It won’t get any better on any other team because the same rules apply.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2019, 11:28 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

They just said on ESPN that the Jags are wanting at least a first, but they want more. Is it just me or is this a terrible way to put it? Don't say, "at least a first". That's all teams are gonna want to send you. You have to say at least two firsts and then negotiate. Don't set the bar low. How Busch League is this front office? If we only get a first rounder for him, I'm gonna have to take a break from football for a while. I will be ready to riot.

Looks like the smoke is coming from the Chiefs the most right now huh

Lets be real here... Marrone lost this locker room after he curled up into a little ball and folded in the AFC Championship game loss.. 

When other Head Coaches around the NFL are laughing at you and writing about you in their books, because of how stupid you coach and about how scared you coach, you know it's not good.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2019, 11:34 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-16-2019, 11:27 PM)Upper Wrote: Looks like the smoke is coming from the Chiefs the most right now huh

Nope. Any first from them would be in the last 4 picks of the first rounds. They would have to send us RB Damien Williams, LT Eric Fisher, CB Kendall Fuller, S Juan Thornhill and a first and 3rd rounder to even make this worth while.

FWIW - Prisco is reporting (tweeting) that a source in the building is saying they will not trade Ramsey.

(09-16-2019, 11:13 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 11:07 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Jalen wants to be traded, we don't want him to be traded. Imagine not being able to differentiate the two...

Ahh.. There's plenty of people on this forum that want to trade him... Just go read through this thread..

Yes, because he asked to be traded.... He did, last I checked there is not a lets trade Jalen thread. There is a Jalen asked to be traded thread. I don't blame people who want to grant a guy his request and get a king's ransom for Ramsey. I don't think any sane Jaguars fan wanted or wants to actually trade him before he asked for it himself.

Send Ramsey and LF to The Chargers for Melvin Gordon. Hire Lane Kiffin as HC next year. Boom.

(09-16-2019, 11:36 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Send Ramsey and LF to The Chargers for Melvin Gordon. Hire Lane Kiffin as HC next year. Boom.

Why do ppl keep saying chargers?? 

Ramsey is going to mutiny over Wash's scheme but go play for BRADLEY????

LOL