Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

I'll say it again, all you guys pit off by Jalens attitude, surprise but ALL professional athletes have the same attitude. Some just better at hiding it, or they've already gotten what they want.

If you're beloved Brady or Manning didn't get what they wanted, they would be talking trade too.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 08:35 AM by irontrooper83.)

I've already expressed my opinion on this one mostly. (I'm not one who wants to trade him but I also think he is way overreacting and that his frustration comes mostly from not being resigned with the big bag more than anything else, the man-to-man thing sounds just as an excuse as he perfectly knew coming into the season how we play)

The one thing that disappoints me the most is not the fact Ramsey wants to be traded. It's the timing. 

If he did this in the offseason...fine. Not happy of course, but I can understand that. 
If he quietly went to the FO saying that if things (whatever is REAL issue is) won't change he wants out before the trade deadline...I'd understand that.

He CHOSE to do this, this way, after throwing a tantrum for a damn challenge on a 3 yard play in the first quarter (perfectly knowing how the challenge process works), 3 days ahead of a crucial game for this season. 
He chose to do it 3 days later after saying he had a great talk with Todd Wash and thanking him for letting him play man-to-man with Hopkins.
He chose to disrupt any momentum this team might have had going with Minshew showing promise, after a very very good defensive game finally against a possible MVP (at least in the minds of many, Jalen included) by putting this out NOW. 
He chose to quit basically and him being right or wrong about it this was not the time a professional does it. He saw Antonio Brown and went for it.

That's entirely selfish and while his problems aren't with his teammates it's really unfair towards them too. 

The timing is what I hate the most about this situation.

(09-17-2019, 08:33 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: I've already expressed my opinion on this one mostly. (I'm not one who wants to trade him but I also think he is way overreacting and that his frustration comes mostly from not being resigned with the big bag more than anything else, the man-to-man thing sounds just as an excuse as he perfectly knew coming into the season how we play)

The one thing that disappoints me the most is not the fact Ramsey wants to be traded. It's the timing. 

If he did this in the offseason...fine. Not happy of course, but I can understand that. 
If he quietly went to the FO saying that if things (whatever is REAL issue is) won't change he wants out before the trade deadline...I'd understand that.

He CHOSE to do this, this way, after throwing a tantrum for a damn challenge on a 3 yard play in the first quarter (perfectly knowing how the challenge process works), 3 days ahead of a crucial game for this season. 
He chose to do it 3 days later after saying he had a great talk with Todd Wash and thanking him for letting him play man-to-man with Hopkins.
He chose to disrupt any momentum this team might have had going with Minshew showing promise, after a very very good defensive game finally against a possible MVP (at least in the minds of many, Jalen included) by putting this out NOW. 
He chose to quit basically and him being right or wrong about it this was not the time a professional does it. He saw Antonio Brown and went for it.

That's entirely selfish and while his problems aren't with his teammates it's really unfair towards them too. 

I don't think it's unprofessional to want out of an awful organisation at any point. He's likely wanted out for some time.

(09-16-2019, 11:24 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 11:20 PM)JackCity Wrote: No but Jalen is the biggest star on a team that's continually failed over and over. This is months and years of frustration , not just one play.  If you're doing your job as one of the most important people in your company but everyone else isn't then I'd wager you'd be having harsh words with management if you truly care about your career and the company

It was coming to a head eventually

No one is above the team. They teach you this from peewee on up. Suck it up and control what you can control. It’s time to act like a 25 year not a 2 year old. It won’t get any better on any other team because the same rules apply.
So complaining about what another man does on a message board is the right way to go about it?

Jalen is in a toxic environment with one of the most poorly run franchises in all of sports. Not just NFL. Sports. He sees an incompetent HC, a DC that doesn't use him properly and a franchise that is going no where. Whether you like it or not (and a lot of you don't like it), athletes have a voice now. Gone are the days where they just do as they are told and I'm glad. I bet Archie Manning wishes he asked for a trade. I bet Dan Marino wishes he asked for a trade. Good on Eli and Elway for asking for trades when they did. 

Jalen is doing what he thinks is best for him. Get out of this dysfunctional organization and hopefully to a better one.

I have two kids, 10 and 4. Last night we were playing a game with cards, and the younger one started picking up the cards, and sorting them by colors. The older tried to jump in and gather the cards for a shuffle and redeal, and I asked him to let the younger finish what she was doing, without interference. This made him upset, he tossed the cards in his hands to the floor, and he wandered off, done with the game, and probably me.

That's all I could think about when I read Ramsey demanding a trade. I say let him go, this way we CHOOSE where he goes, and we get more than a comp pick out of the deal.

The dude ain't Brady or Mahomes. Heck, he ain't Darrelle Revis. There are plenty of other DB out there that can cover man-to-man, and they might not drop the passes that hit them in the hands.

You can't have this level of insubordination in the locker room. Remember the chaos last year in the RB group? Purge it before it infects the rest of the team.

I truly believe that the dude has a simple mind. No reason for the tantrum on a three friggin yard challenge. Marrone should have thrown a real tantrum after the dude dropped that pick six. Ramsey has proven himself to be the poster boy for a selfish player. Completely unprofessional behavior. Way to help out your team dude. Damn child's tantrum on a short week and a prime time game. A player who's supposed main concern is winning would not do that. He got pissed when they told him no contract this year. That's it.

We aren't the Raiders pal. You're not getting traded without a kings bounty from a team picking in the top five the next two years and certainly won't be "Set Free" like AB was.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-17-2019, 07:22 AM)TearExtractor Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 07:19 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: If I ever see this dude at the Bank in a titans jersey, you bet your [BLEEP] I’m throwing the biggest plate of nachos / beer at him if I get the chance. Don’t care if I get banned from games for life. [BLEEP] Jalen Ramsey

Floridaman lives up to stereotypes, more at 6.
Hahahaha

Perfect.

(09-17-2019, 08:48 AM)Jagwired Wrote: We aren't the Raiders pal. You're not getting traded without a kings bounty from a team picking in the top five the next two years and certainly won't be "Set Free" like AB was.

You do realize what the Raiders got for Mack, don't you?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-17-2019, 08:42 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 08:33 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: I've already expressed my opinion on this one mostly. (I'm not one who wants to trade him but I also think he is way overreacting and that his frustration comes mostly from not being resigned with the big bag more than anything else, the man-to-man thing sounds just as an excuse as he perfectly knew coming into the season how we play)

I don't think it's unprofessional to want out of an awful organisation at any point. He's likely wanted out for some time.

In fact I said that I'm not blaming him for wanting out. I'm blaming the timing he chose especially since we agree that he wanted out for a while.

(09-17-2019, 08:52 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 08:48 AM)Jagwired Wrote: We aren't the Raiders pal. You're not getting traded without a kings bounty from a team picking in the top five the next two years and certainly won't be "Set Free" like AB was.

You do realize what the Raiders got for Mack, don't you?

So just waste them? What is your point?

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 08:58 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Jags love what the Chiefs are offering

Hopefully 2 1sts and more. I think its 2 1sts at minimum

(09-17-2019, 08:46 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 11:24 PM)knarnn Wrote: No one is above the team. They teach you this from peewee on up. Suck it up and control what you can control. It’s time to act like a 25 year not a 2 year old. It won’t get any better on any other team because the same rules apply.
So complaining about what another man does on a message board is the right way to go about it?

Jalen is in a toxic environment with one of the most poorly run franchises in all of sports. Not just NFL. Sports. He sees an incompetent HC, a DC that doesn't use him properly and a franchise that is going no where. Whether you like it or not (and a lot of you don't like it), athletes have a voice now. Gone are the days where they just do as they are told and I'm glad. I bet Archie Manning wishes he asked for a trade. I bet Dan Marino wishes he asked for a trade. Good on Eli and Elway for asking for trades when they did. 

Jalen is doing what he thinks is best for him. Get out of this dysfunctional organization and hopefully to a better one.

One of the more drama queen posts I've seen in a while.

This is a team sport based on schemes and players doing their job in that scheme. The problem with Jalen is he is not and has never been a team player. Look at his college tape and interviews. We should have seen the writing on the wall. Keeping him here makes no since. Also, the dude is not smart enough to play anything outside of man where he can rely on athleticism instead of his brain. He regularly gets exposed in zone. Been that way since day uno. I'm one of the few I'm sure that sees him as replaceable. If he is a one-trick pony, is he worth the drama and the coin he will demand? No.

He wants to [BLEEP] about the unchallenged play while at the same time dropping a game-changing interception that hit him in the hands. Clean your own house before complaining about someone else. In any case, trade him...on Jags terms and to some place like Miami, Las Vegas, or New York where he can get the drama queen attention he wants. Hell, I'd probably take a little less just to send him to a [BLEEP]-hole!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

He is a punk trying to blow up this season for his "brothers". The season on the line and he pulls this [BLEEP] this week. [BLEEP] Jalen Ramsey.
[Image: giphy.gif]

I think its a given that Yannick gets signed after we trade Ramsey.

(09-17-2019, 08:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Jags love what the Chiefs are offering

Hopefully 2 1sts and more. I think its 2 1sts at minimum

Did I miss something? Is this Chiefs talk coming from somewhere credible?

They are not going to trade with the Chiefs. They will be picking way to late.

(09-16-2019, 09:02 PM)Jagwired Wrote: If some of you think that you fire Marrone and suddenly Jalen is no longer Jalen and he is all warm and fuzzy about Jacksonville then I am afraid you are sorely mistaken. He has been throwing fits his entire time here. Shows up to OTA's when and if he wants to. All with never ending support by the team that he has now requested a trade from.
He wants to play for the titans and he has made that very clear.

(09-17-2019, 09:21 AM)dennisp3 Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 09:02 PM)Jagwired Wrote: If some of you think that you fire Marrone and suddenly Jalen is no longer Jalen and he is all warm and fuzzy about Jacksonville then I am afraid you are sorely mistaken. He has been throwing fits his entire time here. Shows up to OTA's when and if he wants to. All with never ending support by the team that he has now requested a trade from.

He isn't getting traded to any of the AFC South teams...bet.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

That's just too damned bad. He can in another three years if the Jags so deem. He is playing poker without a even a low pair and a five for a high card.

And what does that matter?  He doesn't control where or if they trade him.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]