Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-18-2019, 01:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 01:14 AM)JackCity Wrote: I'll try walk you through this because I know you don't pick things up as fast as the rest of the board. 

The Bears viewed Mack as their missing piece to contend, they viewed themselves as contenders, which is why they moved so much to get him. + They had cap

The Texans are in desperation mode under BOB, they HAVE to contend this year or he's gone, and he's GM so they make the move + they had cap. If they didn't have enough cap to eventually extend Tunsil without losing key players they wouldn't have done the deal. Same with the Bears.

The number of teams in the NFL who fill the criteria of A) Being in a position to contend and B) Have tons of cap and C) Jalen will want to resign there long term is very small. 

So even if Jalens value is 2 1sts, the number of teams who can actually do a deal is nearly none.

He's not gonna get it, or refuse to admit it if he somehow does, but you're right. It's a very small pool.  Not just "anyone with cap space." 

(But we know he's just grasping at straws to further his "Ramsey isn't really any good" agenda)
Kind of like you thinking Ramsey had a good game against the Chiefs.  Lags and Leon were just talk yesterday about all the mistakes Ramsey was making in that game.  But im sure you think you know more than them and pff

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-18-2019, 06:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 01:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: He's not gonna get it, or refuse to admit it if he somehow does, but you're right. It's a very small pool.  Not just "anyone with cap space." 

(But we know he's just grasping at straws to further his "Ramsey isn't really any good" agenda)
Kind of like you thinking Ramsey had a good game against the Chiefs.  Lags and Leon were just talk yesterday about all the mistakes Ramsey was making in that game.  But im sure you think you know more than them and pff

Wait, wait, wait...team mouthpieces were bad mouthing the guy? Why would they ever do such a thing? Why, oh why indeed???
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

" Hey coach, I'm tired of losing"

"Well sweet Jalen, had you caught that pick six we probably would have won"

"Yeah but trade me because I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW" Jumps up and down while stomping feet and scrunching up tiny little pick six dropping fists.

Buuuuwwwaaaa!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-18-2019, 07:21 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 06:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Kind of like you thinking Ramsey had a good game against the Chiefs.  Lags and Leon were just talk yesterday about all the mistakes Ramsey was making in that game.  But im sure you think you know more than them and pff

Wait, wait, wait...team mouthpieces were bad mouthing the guy? Why would they ever do such a thing? Why, oh why indeed???

pff is not a team mouthpiece. I may not like their ratings but you can objectively look at tape and see JR was not very good week 1.

(09-18-2019, 07:52 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 07:21 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Wait, wait, wait...team mouthpieces were bad mouthing the guy? Why would they ever do such a thing? Why, oh why indeed???

pff is not a team mouthpiece. I may not like their ratings but you can objectively look at tape and see JR was not very good week 1.

You objectively looked at the tape?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-18-2019, 01:14 AM)JackCity Wrote: So even if Jalens value is 2 1sts, the number of teams who can actually do a deal is nearly none.

Who said the 2 1sts had be in the same draft?  

Unless the Jags can just one 1st rounder but also get a good existing player, they should hold firm and wait for two firsts.  Some contending team will have a CB blow a out knee out and will get desperate.  We still have leverage in the negotiation.  We dont have to make a move.

(09-18-2019, 08:06 AM)rfc17 Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 01:14 AM)JackCity Wrote: So even if Jalens value is 2 1sts, the number of teams who can actually do a deal is nearly none.

Unless the Jags can just one 1st rounder but also get a good existing player, they should hold firm and wait for two firsts.  Some contending team will have a CB blow a out knee out and will get desperate.  We still have leverage in the negotiation.  We dont have to make a move.

Agree, hold firm for right offer, but he needs to be benched until that happens. He has no business dressing for game day for this team ever again.

(09-18-2019, 08:13 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 08:06 AM)rfc17 Wrote: Who said the 2 1sts had be in the same draft?  

Agree, hold firm for right offer, but he needs to be benched until that happens. He has no business dressing for game day for this team ever again.

I agree.  If we are going to trade him I would not play him.  Why risk him being injured.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 08:30 AM by Jagwired.)

The team has acquiesced to sweet Jalens every whim since his arrival to the facility. " Whats that Jalen? You had a baby, no sweat don't worry about OTA's, Whats that Jalen? You don't want to do voluntary like the rest of your team mates, no worries, Oh Jalen you got ejected for another temper tantrum? It's all good. Say again Jalen, you cussed out the team reporters for doing their job, ah what the hell, no problem. Then the clown pays the organization, it's fans and his very own teammates back by dropping this selfish [BLEEP] move on a short week with a prime time game. What did dude used to say on Fat Albert? NC man NC.....No class. Watch out Jalen, karma can be a [BLEEP] sometimes.

But he "Don't want to be no distraction" and is trying to be a good teammate. Friggin laughable.

(09-18-2019, 07:49 AM)Jagwired Wrote: " Hey coach, I'm tired of losing"

"Well sweet Jalen, had you caught that pick six we probably would have won"

"Yeah but trade me because I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW" Jumps up and down while stomping feet and scrunching up tiny little pick six dropping fists.

Buuuuwwwaaaa!!

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(09-18-2019, 08:13 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 08:06 AM)rfc17 Wrote: Who said the 2 1sts had be in the same draft?  

So the Jags shouldn't attempt to put the best possible players in the game to try and win? So we are in tank mode now?

Has he been traded yet?

I kid. But seriously. I can't help but wonder what teams would even pursue him that are gonna pay for what Jalen's worth. I mean, how many top contender teams are gonna be willing to do two first rounders alone, I wonder? I don't want to see Caldwell get talked down in price, but I have a bad feeling that may happen, the closer we get to the trade deadline

(09-18-2019, 01:32 AM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Great now all the "get off my lawn" has beens feel like they have something valid to say.
Lol So good.

(09-18-2019, 08:06 AM)rfc17 Wrote:

Nobody said they have to be in the same draft. That isn't happening.

(09-18-2019, 08:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 01:32 AM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Great now all the "get off my lawn" has beens feel like they have something valid to say.
Lol So good.

...and all the I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW wannabes again think that theirs is the only voice that's valid. So typical. Buuuuwwwwaaaaa!!!

(09-18-2019, 08:51 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 08:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol So good.

...and all the I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW wannabes again think that theirs is the only voice that's valid. So typical. Buuuuwwwwaaaaa!!!
The apples don't fall far from the tree I guess.... Go Jags!

I watched what Deion Sanders has to say last night about The Jalen situation. He pointed out every prima donna head case cb in the last 30 years. They were all mercenaries and vagabonds. They all went from team to team. I note the same thing for the prima donna head case WRs like TO, Randy Moss, AB, etc.

These kind of players, even with their transcendent talent, are only worth tolerating when you’re making a championship run. You don’t build your team around them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 08:55 AM by Jagwired.)

(09-18-2019, 08:52 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 08:51 AM)Jagwired Wrote: ...and all the I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW wannabes again think that theirs is the only voice that's valid. So typical. Buuuuwwwwaaaaa!!!
The apples don't fall far from the tree I guess.... Go Jags!

More like an apple falling off of a orange tree. But yes, Go Jags!! Including Sweet Jalen.(edit: while he is still one)

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 09:05 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-18-2019, 07:52 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 07:21 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Wait, wait, wait...team mouthpieces were bad mouthing the guy? Why would they ever do such a thing? Why, oh why indeed???

Exactly, thats how i got my opinion, watching the game.  The other stuff i stated just backed up what i seen and what was on the field

(09-18-2019, 08:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 07:52 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: pff is not a team mouthpiece. I may not like their ratings but you can objectively look at tape and see JR was not very good week 1.

Exactly, thats how i got my opinion.  The other stuff i stated just backed up what i seen and what was on the field
Classic you. Copying and pasting what others say.