Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-18-2019, 08:54 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: I watched what Deion Sanders has to say last night about The Jalen situation. He pointed out every prima donna head case cb in the last 30 years. They were all mercenaries and vagabonds. They all went from team to team. I note the same thing for the prima donna head case WRs like TO, Randy Moss, AB, etc.

These kind of players, even with their transcendent talent, are only worth tolerating when you’re making a championship run. You don’t build your team around them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They had a shot two years ago. They blew it by playing overly conservative against the greatest pair of offensive minds to ever work together in NFL history.

It's time to move on and rebuild once again in certain areas. The rebuilding phase needs to start within that front office.

As much as I would have enjoyed to see Ramsey continue to be a cornerstone of this defense for the next ten years it's just simply not realistic now. Probably never was in all honesty.

Hopefully they, and by they I mostly mean Khan and his family can turn this around in 2020. Caldwell, Coughlin and Marrone's tactics and approach to the modern game of football simply do not hold up well at all.

It's too archaic. Need to cut ties with all involved and work around the front seven on defense. Need to get the offensive line's foundation back in order. Solidify the backfield and hope Foles, Minshew or a QB prospect are the answer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 09:24 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-18-2019, 09:01 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 08:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Exactly, thats how i got my opinion.  The other stuff i stated just backed up what i seen and what was on the field
Classic you. Copying and pasting what others say.

You just do the same person, if he changes his mind you change yours.  Easily influenced and follow, you're JackCity Jr. If he says the sky is green you would believe him

Gotta agree with Prime. Get what you can and move on.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 09:33 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

I think the Bills would be a good spot for him. I know he talked trash about Allen but he says he wants to win so just look at their record. A contract extension would squash the beef. a Would help them narrow the gap to the Pats

I have a distinct feeling that Ramsey isn't going anywhere.. I don't think teams are lining up to give 2 first round picks and realizing that they have to pay him on top of it.. I'm definitely not opposed to keeping Ramsey but if we do, I think Marrone has to go and immediately. It's almost like The Jags are asking for that much for Ramsey because they don't want to trade him. I know he's arguably the best CB in the league and I know teams have made offers, but The Jags didn't jump..

I honestly feel like he's not going anywhere and Marrone is on borrowed time.. Just my opinion..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-18-2019, 09:34 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I have a distinct feeling that Ramsey isn't going anywhere.. I don't think teams are lining up to give 2 first round picks and realizing that they have to pay him on top of it.. I'm definitely not opposed to keeping Ramsey but if we do, I think Marrone has to go and immediately. It's almost like The Jags are asking for that much for Ramsey because they don't want to trade him. I know he's arguably the best CB in the league and I know teams have made offers, but The Jags didn't jump..

I honestly feel like he's not going anywhere and Marrone is on borrowed time.. Just my opinion..

If he just bought in i would love to keep him.  He should know this is Marrones last chance. I wish we knew what kind of money he is asking for in a extension.  One could speculate but thats about it right now.  Does he just want to be the highest paid corner?  20 mil a year, 25 mil a year?

(09-18-2019, 09:34 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I have a distinct feeling that Ramsey isn't going anywhere.. I don't think teams are lining up to give 2 first round picks and realizing that they have to pay him on top of it.. I'm definitely not opposed to keeping Ramsey but if we do, I think Marrone has to go and immediately. It's almost like The Jags are asking for that much for Ramsey because they don't want to trade him. I know he's arguably the best CB in the league and I know teams have made offers, but The Jags didn't jump..

As much as I dislike Marrone as a HC, this would set the worst example not only from a franchise perspective, but a league perspective. We have already hit the point of no return. It is just a matter of time. I wouldn't let JR play another down and wait for a contender to have an injury in their secondary and wrap him up in bubble wrap.

Marrone WILL be fired, but it won't be because of Ramsey, and that is the correct thing to do.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 09:52 AM by Jagwired.)

Marrone maybe on borrowed time and should probably be but that does not pertain a lick to what has to be done with Ramsey though IMO.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-18-2019, 09:48 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

As much as I dislike Marrone as a HC, this would set the worst example not only from a franchise perspective, but a league perspective. We have already hit the point of no return. It is just a matter of time. I wouldn't let JR play another down and wait for a contender to have an injury in their secondary and wrap him up in bubble wrap.

Marrone WILL be fired, but it won't be because of Ramsey, and that is the correct thing to do.

I don't know if you've been paying attention the last few years, but extremely bad examples have already been set.. We're not in the same era of professional football that we're all used to watching years ago.. It's gone from team first to me first and if you're going to get anywhere, I suppose you have to play the game and cater to these idiots.. This league has been extremely tarnished by players like AB for a bit now.. I'm beginning to think it's the new norm.. The only saving grace for this team is to get a HC that these players will respect and those are probably still few and far between.

I agree regarding Marrone being on borrowed time here. I just hope we don't continue to see excuses being made for him by his superiors.

Foles being out for 12 games is an excuse. The injuries last year were an excuse. But 2017 seems far away and even that year seems too good to be true when you consider the weak schedule they had.

I just don't like his approach to the game. The offensive line play shouldn't be this terrible in spite of injuries. That's his background. That's what he cut his teeth on earlier on in his career.

They allowed Foles to get hammered in the opener. I am seeing virtually zero push or efforts being made in the running game as well. They can't seem to do anything particular at an above average level.

That's not good when you've made Linder and Norwell filthy rich for their respective positions and you've invested a pair of 2nd RD picks recently at the OT positions.

They should just be better in general by now. I didn't like the lack of starters playing as a unit during the preseason as well. Seems like they're still shaking the rust off.

Whether or not Ramsey remains here remains to be seen. But I believe moving forward it'll be a hard selling point for Khan's next hire for the general manager and/or head coaching gig.

Too much ego in that lockeroom with little to no accomplishments to show for it or justify it. This isn't the legion of boom, steel curtain, monsters of the midway or doomsday defense we're talking about here.

It was one good year from a squad playing with four new faces on it against a schedule of teams that were decimated at the QB position.

And all it took was a week four collapse on offense a year later to tailspin them into a squad of mental midgets with blown coverages and missed tackles with no turnovers to compensate.

At some point. Players also need to hold eachother accountable for the piss poor perfomances on the field as well. It's a two way street.

Ramsey isn't the answer though. Nor is Marrone.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-17-2019, 09:21 AM)dennisp3 Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 09:02 PM)Jagwired Wrote: If some of you think that you fire Marrone and suddenly Jalen is no longer Jalen and he is all warm and fuzzy about Jacksonville then I am afraid you are sorely mistaken. He has been throwing fits his entire time here. Shows up to OTA's when and if he wants to. All with never ending support by the team that he has now requested a trade from.
He wants to play for the titans and he has made that very clear.

....which is precisely why I'd love to trade him to Detroit, San Fran, or somewhere like that.

(09-18-2019, 09:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think the Bills would be a good spot for him.  I know he talked trash about Allen but he says he wants to win so just look at their record.   A contract extension would squash the beef. a Would help them narrow the gap to the Pats

Jalen Ramsey is not going to sign off on playing for the Bills

(09-18-2019, 09:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think the Bills would be a good spot for him.  I know he talked trash about Allen but he says he wants to win so just look at their record.   A contract extension would squash the beef. a Would help them narrow the gap to the Pats

So you think:

- Lags and Leon aren't going to bad mouth a guy who just dropped a bomb on their team in short week. 

- A pff grade from a single game for a DB during which he played zone mean something

-  Jalen Ramsey is going to leave Jax to go to a market like, *gulp* BUFFALO ??

LOL.  Bruh, you are delusional. I said you wouldn't get it when Jack gave you some truth, and sadly, I was right.

My money is on both Ramsey and Dougie gone by the offseason.

(09-18-2019, 10:02 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

I agree regarding Marrone being on borrowed time here. I just hope we don't continue to see excuses being made for him by his superiors.

Foles being out for 12 games is an excuse. The injuries last year were an excuse. But 2017 seems far away and even that year seems too good to be true when you consider the weak schedule they had.

I just don't like his approach to the game. The offensive line play shouldn't be this terrible in spite of injuries. That's his background. That's what he cut his teeth on earlier on in his career.

They allowed Foles to get hammered in the opener. I am seeing virtually zero push or efforts being made in the running game as well. They can't seem to do anything particular at an above average level.

That's not good when you've made Linder and Norwell filthy rich for their respective positions and you've invested a pair of 2nd RD picks recently at the OT positions.

They should just be better in general by now. I didn't like the lack of starters playing as a unit during the preseason as well. Seems like they're still shaking the rust off.

Whether or not Ramsey remains here remains to be seen. But I believe moving forward it'll be a hard selling point for Khan's next hire for the general manager and/or head coaching gig.

Too much ego in that lockeroom with little to no accomplishments to show for it or justify it. This isn't the legion of boom, steel curtain, monsters of the midway or doomsday defense we're talking about here.

It was one good year from a squad playing with four new faces on it against a schedule of teams that were decimated at the QB position.

And all it took was a week four collapse on offense a year later to tailspin them into a squad of mental midgets with blown coverages and missed tackles with no turnovers to compensate.

At some point. Players also need to hold eachother accountable for the piss poor perfomances on the field as well. It's a two way street.

Ramsey isn't the answer though. Nor is Marrone.

I agree 100%.. I just feel like if they really wanted to move Ramsey, they wouldn't be asking so much for him right now.. If they really wanted to part with him, that 1st and 5th probably would have done it.. I think they're looking for that win-win scenario. Either they get that King's Randsom or they retain arguably the best CB in the league.. But if they are favoring one particular outcome, they're pretty brilliant perfecting their pokerface.

(09-18-2019, 10:06 AM)JackCity Wrote:

Jalen Ramsey is not going to sign off on playing for the Bills

I don't think he has a say in the matter, just like he doesn't get to negotiate the price. We can trade him, he can pull an AB, and be their headache to deal with.

(09-18-2019, 10:06 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

So you think:

- Lags and Leon aren't going to bad mouth a guy who just dropped a bomb on their team in short week. 

- A pff grade from a single game for a DB during which he played zone mean something

LOL.  Bruh, you are delusional. I said you wouldn't get it when Jack gave you some truth, and sadly,  I was right.
Also forgetting the fact that Buffalo already has 3 really good corners.

(09-18-2019, 10:09 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 10:06 AM)JackCity Wrote: Jalen Ramsey is not going to sign off on playing for the Bills

I don't think he has a say in the matter, just like he doesn't get to negotiate the price. We can trade him, he can pull an AB, and be their headache to deal with.

The fact that he's weasling his way out of Jax says he absolutely has a say in the matter. 

BTW, many players have nullified trades by refusing to report to the new team in the past.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 10:12 AM by JackCity.)

(09-18-2019, 10:09 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 10:06 AM)JackCity Wrote: Jalen Ramsey is not going to sign off on playing for the Bills

He does have a say because Buffalo aren't giving up massive amounts of capital for a player who won't play/won't re-sign there. 

AB signed off on the Raiders and agreed to sign long term

(09-18-2019, 10:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 10:06 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: So you think:

LOL.  Bruh, you are delusional. I said you wouldn't get it when Jack gave you some truth, and sadly,  I was right.
Also forgetting the fact that Buffalo already has 3 really good corners.

I really wanted us to draft Tre White when he came out, but we signed Bouye 3 weeks before the draft.