Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

I only have one request: PLEASE DO NOT LET DAVE CALDWELL MAKE THE SELECTIONS FOR THESE FIRST ROUND PICKS!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-18-2019, 11:50 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 11:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I kind of agree with you.  He's tremendously talented, and the cornerstone of our defense, but I don't remember any team winning a Super Bowl because they had a great CB, and his contract is going to really squeeze our salary cap.

While agree with this in spirit, Gilmore absolutely got the pats into the SB in 2017 by making one hell of a play to keep Westbrook out of the endzone and eliminating the pats in the AFCCG. 
They are a factor. Not the largest factor, but an important one.

People also forget the 2014 or was it 15 Seahawks, with the Legion led by Sherm.

(09-18-2019, 11:53 AM)Upper Wrote: I only have one request: PLEASE DO NOT LET DAVE CALDWELL MAKE THE SELECTIONS FOR THESE FIRST ROUND PICKS!

It’s not happening

Caldwell will easily be able to go in to Khan, blame the injury bug (Foles) and get another shot. 

Not sure about the coaches

(09-18-2019, 11:53 AM)Upper Wrote: I only have one request: PLEASE DO NOT LET DAVE CALDWELL MAKE THE SELECTIONS FOR THESE FIRST ROUND PICKS!

Well I guess you’ll be overjoyed to learn that Coughlin gets the final call.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-18-2019, 11:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 11:35 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Ramsey is not the end all be all of this organization. Stay or go, I don't care.. I just want this all to be over so we can move on.. Still excited for this team with all the fresh, young talent. And once we do get a new HC and possibly FO, it'll be the cherry on top.. Out with the inept.. So yeah, these are exciting times and the world is not ending either way..

I kind of agree with you.  He's tremendously talented, and the cornerstone of our defense, but I don't remember any team winning a Super Bowl because they had a great CB, and his contract is going to really squeeze our salary cap.
Gilmore, Revis, Talib, Harris, Sherman....

This situation isn't about Ramsey as much as it is about how inept this franchise is when it comes to roster management. Like another poster said, rebuilding every 4 years or so is exhausting. Now we finally have some decent pieces and they look to be on the way out.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 12:26 PM by unf_nashvillian.)

Love the Bussin with the Boys shoutout Big Grin
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(09-18-2019, 11:48 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Football just isn’t that fun anymore. I’ll always root for them but damn it’s getting harder and harder to care
Same, sucking has sucked all the fun out of it
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(09-18-2019, 12:25 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Love the Bussin with the Boys shoutout Big Grin

Love the Roid suspension better. Smile
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Stroudcrowd has left the chat

(09-18-2019, 01:20 PM)Brett Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdmaSchefter/status/...9007123456

Hint.. Look for the blue check..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 01:23 PM by Brett.)

Dang it...ugh so faked out. I'll delete. My apologies!

(09-18-2019, 01:21 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 01:20 PM)Brett Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdmaSchefter/status/...9007123456

Hint.. Look for the blue check..

Would the real Slim Schefter please stand up?

Almost had me going there for a second!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-18-2019, 11:57 AM)knarnn Wrote:

Well I guess you’ll be overjoyed to learn that Coughlin gets the final call.

I would be interested in seeing a list of players that Caldwell has been banging the drum for but instead Coughlin pulled rank and selected someone else. Could be wrong, but I have a feeling that list is zero.

(09-18-2019, 01:49 PM)Upper Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 11:57 AM)knarnn Wrote: Well I guess you’ll be overjoyed to learn that Coughlin gets the final call.

I would be interested in seeing a list of players that Caldwell has been banging the drum for but instead Coughlin pulled rank and selected someone else. Could be wrong, but I have a feeling that list is zero.

Which is a bigger indictment on Coughlin as it means he agreed the selection was correct.

https://twitter.com/1010xlag/status/1174...08992?s=21

Sounds like a kings ransom could be coming sooner rather than later.

(09-18-2019, 12:27 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 11:48 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Football just isn’t that fun anymore. I’ll always root for them but damn it’s getting harder and harder to care
Same, sucking has sucked all the fun out of it

This is exactly how I have been feeling. I'm sure it has a lot to do with how disappointing the Jaguars have been and this year the Foles injury however that combined with certain things happening around the league such as anthem kneeling, off the field domestic issues with players, the AB drama, OBJ wearing $250k watches during games when people who make 1/4 of that annually pay good money to attend games. I see these things and it just makes me not as excited for football as I was in the past. 

Actually very much so looking forward to the NHL season beginning. The playoffs in the spring were great but I've never followed the whole season closely, probably because the Panthers haven't been great. I just don't see the same type of disrespect and behavior from athletes that come here from Canada, Russia, Sweden, Finland, Czech, etc.

I can only hope that more and more people lose interest in the NFL, I think it would be a great reality check for the league if ratings, attendance and ultimately money began to decline.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 02:08 PM by Setsuna00. Edit Reason: Too much )

(09-18-2019, 01:50 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 01:32 AM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Great now all the "get off my lawn" has beens feellike they have something valid to say.

They've all migrated up here from the political forum.

Right? But I meant Searcy and Sanders. Like they gave a rat's butt what retired players said about them in their prime. It's obvious people are raised differently nowadays and society has in fact changed. Can't tell them that cuz "get off my lawn "
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(09-18-2019, 02:06 PM)Jagfan44 Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 12:27 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Same, sucking has sucked all the fun out of it

This is exactly how I have been feeling. I'm sure it has a lot to do with how disappointing the Jaguars have been and this year the Foles injury however that combined with certain things happening around the league such as anthem kneeling, off the field domestic issues with players, the AB drama, OBJ wearing $250k watches during games when people who make 1/4 of that annually pay good money to attend games. I see these things and it just makes me not as excited for football as I was in the past. 

Actually very much so looking forward to the NHL season beginning. The playoffs in the spring were great but I've never followed the whole season closely, probably because the Panthers haven't been great. I just don't see the same type of disrespect and behavior from athletes that come here from Canada, Russia, Sweden, Finland, Czech, etc.

I can only hope that more and more people lose interest in the NFL, I think it would be a great reality check for the league if ratings, attendance and ultimately money began to decline.

Agree. I think the lack of player loyalty to a franchise impacts the emotional connection the common fan has with the team. It is so much more fun when you are a kid and don't understand how the business side of the sport works.

(09-18-2019, 02:03 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/1010xlag/status/1174...08992?s=21

Sounds like a kings ransom could be coming sooner rather than later.

Or a low first-round pick and a backup punter.