Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

Revis was elite. How many superbowls does he have? 1. (Due to Tom Brady and Pete Carroll being a [BLEEP]) How many Superbowls does Future HOF DB Champ Bailey have Nada. Charles Woodson won his superbowl once he went to the Packers (Not a bad QB named Aaron Rodgers) . Rod Woodson won his lone superbowl with arguably the best defense in the history of the NFL.

Point is, Jalen is a great player, but he isn't winning us a Superbowl. Would we be a better D with him, yes. But are we hoisting the Lombardi trophy because Jalen Ramsey... No. Pay Yan and get as much as you can from Ramsey. Move on.
[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-20-2019, 09:26 AM)tkappa511 Wrote: Revis was elite.  How many superbowls does he have? 1.  (Due to Tom Brady and Pete Carroll being a [BLEEP]) How many Superbowls does Future HOF DB Champ Bailey have  Nada.  Charles Woodson won his superbowl once he went to the Packers (Not a bad QB named Aaron Rodgers) .  Rod Woodson won his lone superbowl with arguably the best defense in the history of the NFL.  

Point is, Jalen is a great player, but he isn't winning us a Superbowl.  Would we be a better D with him, yes.  But are we hoisting the Lombardi trophy because Jalen Ramsey... No.   Pay Yan and get as much as you can from Ramsey.  Move on.

Why should we? he is overrated as hell. They offered him a great deal and he refused to sign it. Screw him he is playing like garbage anyway.

Okay, first off, let's stop associating gender with someone's actions. Just because a player acts immaturely, it's not appropriate to associate that with the ladies. Let's not alienate the few women we have who brave this board over stupid off-hand comments that absolutely should offend them.

I still wonder how much of this is media fabrication. Jalen is not happy, especially when the team loses. Fine. I think yesterday made it crystal clear that he can be unhappy and still put in darned good effort on the field.

We have zero idea what was said behind closed doors. Y'all are making Coughlin out to be some scheming supervillain aimed to wreck this team from within. What if the only thing he said to Jalen was "Let the coach handle the challenges, and if you have problems, keep it private"? All speculation, sure. It just seems like we are on a witch hunt, and will not be sated until someone's head rolls.

There seems to be no consideration that the fences can be mended, by any of the parties involved.

(09-20-2019, 09:23 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 09:08 AM)JackCity Wrote: Shad needs to make an executive decision for the good of the organisation

He doesn't want to be a Jags as long as Coughlin is here most likely. Tom is the problem here

He probably got an [BLEEP] chewing from TC from the way he acted in the Hou.  If he cant take that when one is deserved then he needs to get thicker skin

Tom isn't the coach. He's at the executive level. 

Executive level members chewing out players is bad process and actually completely undermines the HC. From all reports Doug and Jalen were cool and neither even considered the incident a big deal

(09-20-2019, 09:26 AM)tkappa511 Wrote: Revis was elite.  How many superbowls does he have? 1.  (Due to Tom Brady and Pete Carroll being a [BLEEP]) How many Superbowls does Future HOF DB Champ Bailey have  Nada.  Charles Woodson won his superbowl once he went to the Packers (Not a bad QB named Aaron Rodgers) .  Rod Woodson won his lone superbowl with arguably the best defense in the history of the NFL.  

Point is, Jalen is a great player, but he isn't winning us a Superbowl.  Would we be a better D with him, yes.  But are we hoisting the Lombardi trophy because Jalen Ramsey... No.   Pay Yan and get as much as you can from Ramsey.  Move on.

Deion Sanders was an elite CB and he won two Super Bowls.  Richard Sherman went to back to back Super Bowls.  Darrell Green was a hall of fame CB who won  two Super Bowls with Washington.  Lester Hayes was an elite cover CB who won two Super Bowls with the Raiders.  Mel Blount was a CB on the NFLs 75th anniversary team, and he won four Super Bowls.

The fact they all had good to great QBs isn't exactly persuasive.  Dan Marino was a great QB who didn't have anything  close to a stud CB and never won anything.  Whether it was Ty Law, Aqib Talib, Darelle Revis or Gilmore, Brady never won anything without a stud CB.  Does that mean QBs are not important?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

If we get through today with no trade I think the chances of Jalen playing out at least this season here greatly go up.

I still think it will happen, but as time passes I think the chances of it are slowly dropping.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 01:05 PM by Cleatwood.)

(09-20-2019, 09:05 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Khan said he is willing to pay Ramsey.  If he can squash [BLEEP] with the front office and be a good teammate without a distraction I would love for him to stay.  If he dont want to be a Jag, Peace
This whole notion that he's a bad teammate is hilarious.

(09-20-2019, 07:50 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'm pretty sure we can bring in another CB to get targeted and toasted by Mariota 3 times in one game.

I'm not saying Jalen isn't good. I'm not saying Jalen isn't even great, BUT he isn't the lock-down corner the media tries to sell you on. He is an insubordinate who will play a completely different schema than the coach calls for on any particular play.

I will be upset if they give him away or trade him for 1st rounders that will end up being more toward the bottom of the draft, but I still think it is in the best interest of both parties to part ways.
Yea.... Except you're wrong.

"Jalen Ramsey was targeted 120 times covering AB/TY/Tyreek/OBJ/D-Hop, he’s allowed a 69 passer rating.

Rest of the NFL allowed a 104
rating when covering that group.

JR is the only corner with 300+ targets that allowed -EPA/target (offense is worse off after the play)."

(09-20-2019, 01:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 09:05 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Khan said he is willing to pay Ramsey.  If he can squash [BLEEP] with the front office and be a good teammate without a distraction I would love for him to stay.  If he dont want to be a Jag, Peace
This whole notion that he's a bad teammate is hilarious.

But... he is.

You can't say I don't want to be your teammate anymore and still be a good teammate.

(09-20-2019, 01:08 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 01:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: This whole notion that he's a bad teammate is hilarious.

But... he is.

You can't say I don't want to be your teammate anymore and still be a good teammate.

I see your point, and it's valid. However, as disgruntled and distracting as Ramsey is, he always brings it on the field of play. So there's two sides of the coin, I guess.

(09-20-2019, 01:08 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 01:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: This whole notion that he's a bad teammate is hilarious.

But... he is.

But.... he's not.

Would a bad teammate show up like he did last night? Do you think Myles Jack would have showed up to his press conference if Ramsey was a bad teammate? Ramsey is loved in that locker room but you're hate for him blinds you from that. The players, coaches and owner of this team have no issues with him. It's very clear now that his beef is with one person and one person only.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 01:16 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(09-20-2019, 01:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 01:08 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: But... he is.

I see your point, and it's valid. However, as disgruntled and distracting as Ramsey is, he always brings it on the field of play. So there's two sides of the coin, I guess.

Oh no doubt, he always plays his hardest and the rest of the defense appreciates and responds to it.

(09-20-2019, 01:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

But.... he's not.

Would a bad teammate show up like he did last night? Do you think Myles Jack would have showed up to his press conference if Ramsey was a bad teammate? Ramsey is loved in that locker room but you're hate for him blinds you from that. The players, coaches and owner of this team have no issues with him. It's very clear now that his beef is with one person and one person only.

Yes, a bad teammate would.

Because the NFL is a business and if they have tape of you being a crappy player.. it hurts the money aspect, which is all Jalen really cares about.. so yes, he will continue to ball out.. but it's for himself and his bank account. Like Leon Searcy said, it's fine if all you care about is money, that's valid, but be honest about it.

(09-20-2019, 01:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

But.... he's not.

And it's you, Cleatwood. It's you!

(09-20-2019, 01:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 01:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: But.... he's not.

And it's you, Cleatwood. It's you!

My beef always has been and always will be with Chunk from the Goonies. Yes, he befriends Sloth but he almost blew up the entire mission!

I think Ramsey is one of the hardest working and toughest players on the team, no doubt. 

BUT, if I was a teammate and he said get me out of here because I just want to win, I would think

A) It's a take my ball and go home move, and

B) He's indirectly implying I'm not good enough to win with. 

Definitely a few facets to it but I'm not sure I'd be entirely thrilled with him.

(09-20-2019, 01:13 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 01:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I see your point, and it's valid. However, as disgruntled and distracting as Ramsey is, he always brings it on the field of play. So there's two sides of the coin, I guess.

Oh no doubt, he always plays his hardest and the rest of the defense appreciates and responds to it.

Because the NFL is a business and if they have tape of you being a crappy player.. it hurts the money aspect, which is all Jalen really cares about.. so yes, he will continue to ball out.. but it's for himself and his bank account. Like Leon Searcy said, it's fine if all you care about is money, that's valid, but be honest about it.

How is that any different from literally anyone else on planet Earth with a job? I love my co-workers, but I work for my paycheck.

(09-20-2019, 01:13 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 01:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I see your point, and it's valid. However, as disgruntled and distracting as Ramsey is, he always brings it on the field of play. So there's two sides of the coin, I guess.

None of that makes you a bad teammate lol

You're just shooting in the dark here. All players play for themselves and their bank account. It's why they play. They don't play for free.

(09-20-2019, 01:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 01:13 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Oh no doubt, he always plays his hardest and the rest of the defense appreciates and responds to it.

You're just shooting in the dark here. All players play for themselves and their bank account. It's why they play. They don't play for free.

Great teammate
Meh leader

(09-20-2019, 01:41 PM)jagshype Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 01:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: None of that makes you a bad teammate lol

Great teammate
Meh leader
I can 100% agree with this. Calais is a leader and a really good one.

But to say Jalen is a bad teammate is a reach.

(09-20-2019, 01:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 01:13 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Oh no doubt, he always plays his hardest and the rest of the defense appreciates and responds to it.

Then be honest about it, like Leon said.

Don't talk about all you care about is winning. If that's all you cared about and you were a good teammate you'd be a WINNER and HELP your TEAMMATES WIN.

I hope he stays. You get a cheap rookie contract at the QB position and if he is the real deal, you keep the whole defense on the savings from not overpaying a project player (BB5) and a heck of a guy but a very expensive guy in Foles. We are fortunate in that Foles has come off the sideline cold and won a superbowl. If the guy keeps growing then you are already set for 2020 and can navigate the CBA process when it comes up.

Honestly there is no problem in making the highest paid player at his position because the contract will be easier to manage depending on your rookie QB and setting up for a good defense to support him and allow him to grow.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.