Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2019, 12:13 PM by Cleatwood.)

(09-23-2019, 12:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 12:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: They're just mad that the players are starting to have some power in the league instead of the "do as your told" days.

Who cares what any of us think about players having power? That's not the issue.

The issue here is that the football czar of this team is the [BLEEP] king of the "do as your told days" and Ramsey doesn't want to play for him. 
All that "empowerment" stuff is going to be addressed in the next CBA for better or worse, but RIGHT NOW, how do we resolve this chasm between a star player and the elder statesman of the entire organization?
That's for Khan to figure out and if I had the answer, I'd slide right into Khans DMs to tell him.

The issue is that multiple situations haven't been handled well and Ramsey has said that it's been brewing for a while. Most likely it stems from

1. The defense carried the Jags in 2017 and yet Bortles got the contract extension. Seems smart.
2. Yan wants/deserves a new contract and nothing.
3. Ramsey wants a new contract after seeing the dudes drafted in front of him get one and he was told there would be no discussion. (incoming "He signed a contract and should abide by said contract until his duties are no longer needed" crew)

I wish this would be resolved and somehow Ramsey could stay a Jag (and hopefully Coughlin "retires") but I have no clue what will happen. I just hope the team is as distracted this week as they were last week.... They played great!

(09-23-2019, 12:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 12:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: They're just mad that the players are starting to have some power in the league instead of the "do as your told" days.

The player "starting to have power" can't even get a job with the XFL now.
Because AB and Ramsey are the same guy...... 

AB is clearly insane and yet he got how many chances? And he will most likely get another one.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-23-2019, 12:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 12:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Who cares what any of us think about players having power? That's not the issue.

The issue here is that the football czar of this team is the [BLEEP] king of the "do as your told days" and Ramsey doesn't want to play for him. 
All that "empowerment" stuff is going to be addressed in the next CBA for better or worse, but RIGHT NOW, how do we resolve this chasm between a star player and the elder statesman of the entire organization?
That's for Khan to figure out and if I had the answer, I'd slide right into Khans DMs to tell him.

The issue is that multiple situations haven't been handled well and Ramsey has said that it's been brewing for a while. Most likely it stems from

1. The defense carried the Jags in 2017 and yet Bortles got the contract extension. Seems smart.
3. Ramsey wants a new contract after seeing the dudes drafted in front of him get one and he was told there would be no discussion. (incoming "He signed a contract and should abide by said contract until his duties are no longer needed" crew)

I wish this would be resolved and somehow Ramsey could stay a Jag (and hopefully Coughlin "retires") but I have no clue what will happen. I just hope the team is as distracted this week as they were last week.... They played great!

(09-23-2019, 12:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The player "starting to have power" can't even get a job with the XFL now.

AB is clearly insane and yet he got how many chances? And he will most likely get another one.

Time will tell.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2019, 12:20 PM by MoJagFan.)

(09-23-2019, 12:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 11:38 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Certain posters in this thread trying to twist and contort his illness to support their position to get rid of him
They're just mad that the players are starting to have some power in the league instead of the "do as your told" days.

Considering how they give up their bodies for the NFL, I have no issue with them having power and control of their life.  It might be time for guaranteed contracts and a hard cap.  The players aren't going to like it long term but it might just be time for it.  These made up numbers aren't helping them have control of their career.

Honestly though I don't like many sports people because it is now a continuation of everything else that is an issue today.  People willing forming thought groups and going all Lord of the Flies on people that fall outside their group.  I prefer the days of unity and shared values.  You can get to the same destination following a different path when you believe in something.

Edit:

And let me clarify Unity is not some stupid call for them there olden days nonsense.  Unity is tempering your responses to the benefit of common ground.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Was Jalen all that close to Fowler, and that whole situation?

I understand he doesn't like the attitude projected by TC and front office towards the players as purely employees. But FO has dealt Jack really well. Even with Yan, if what the contract reported on twitter was truth, it was a reasonable offer. Even with Fowler, the team never came out speaking badly about him or anything that transpired, it was all leaks. I'm not sure I understand why he has such distrust towards them. Maybe it was how the coaches and staff handled releasing Gipson, Church, and Malik?

(09-23-2019, 12:29 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Was Jalen all that close to Fowler, and that whole situation?

I understand he doesn't like the attitude projected by TC and front office towards the players as purely employees.  But FO has dealt Jack really well. Even with Yan, if what the contract reported on twitter was truth, it was a reasonable offer. Even with Fowler, the team never came out speaking badly about him or anything that transpired, it was all leaks. I'm not sure I understand why he has such distrust towards them. Maybe it was how the coaches and staff handled releasing Gipson, Church, and Malik?

Reportedly, Coughlin chewed Ramsey out in the locker room after the game in Houston when Ramsey got into it with the HC on the sideline. 

That is the main issue in my eyes with the Bortles extension being another. Paying Jack before Ramsey likely rubbed him wrong as well.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2019, 12:46 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-23-2019, 12:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 12:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Who cares what any of us think about players having power? That's not the issue.

(09-23-2019, 12:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The player "starting to have power" can't even get a job with the XFL now.

Yan wants a new contract and yet nothing?  Yan was offered a deal and he turned it down. Its starting to look like we should of kept Fowler over Yan

(09-23-2019, 12:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 12:29 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:

Reportedly, Coughlin chewed Ramsey out in the locker room after the game in Houston when Ramsey got into it with the HC on the sideline. 

That is the main issue in my eyes with the Bortles extension being another. Paying Jack before Ramsey likely rubbed him wrong as well.

If these three things are true, then Ramsey has no leg to stand on. In two instances he is concerned about another player’s money. In the third, he got his just dues for bad behavior, his pride notwithstanding. I can’t see adults capitulating to him on those.

OTH, make him an offer he can’t refuse and figure out the cap stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(09-23-2019, 12:52 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 12:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Reportedly, Coughlin chewed Ramsey out in the locker room after the game in Houston when Ramsey got into it with the HC on the sideline. 

If these three things are true, then Ramsey has no leg to stand on. In two instances he is concerned about another player’s money. In the third, he got his just dues for bad behavior, his pride notwithstanding.  I can’t see adults capitulating to him on those.

Why is Coughlin interfering here though? Marrone handled it and Coughlin didn't need to head to the locker room and inject himself into the situation.

Poor little VaJaylen “doesn’t feel good” and called in. Gee. I wishe he feels better. (Sarcasm)

(09-23-2019, 12:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 12:52 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: If these three things are true, then Ramsey has no leg to stand on. In two instances he is concerned about another player’s money. In the third, he got his just dues for bad behavior, his pride notwithstanding.  I can’t see adults capitulating to him on those.

Why is Coughlin interfering here though? Marrone handled it and Coughlin didn't need to head to the locker room and inject himself into the situation.

When you are the boss, it’s your business. TC isn’t some figurehead. Marrone and Caldwell report to him. His hand is firmly on the wheel.

And honestly, it didn’t look like Marrone had it handled. There were at least three jawing with him. TC wasn’t going to stand for that. And I can’t blame him.

Sometimes we just have to suck it up and take the butt chewing. Especially when we deserve it.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2019, 01:08 PM by jagman.)

(09-23-2019, 12:58 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 12:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Why is Coughlin interfering here though? Marrone handled it and Coughlin didn't need to head to the locker room and inject himself into the situation.

When you are the boss, it’s your business. TC isn’t some figurehead.  Marrone and Caldwell report to him. His hand is firmly on the wheel.

And honestly, it didn’t look like Marrone had it handled. There were at least three jawing with him.  TC wasn’t going to stand for that. And I can’t blame him.

Sometimes we just have to suck it up and take the butt chewing.  Especially when we deserve it.

I like your comment.  Too many are ready to accept his behavior because winning is more important  than accepting responsibility for his actions.

(09-23-2019, 12:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 11:38 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Certain posters in this thread trying to twist and contort his illness to support their position to get rid of him
They're just mad that the players are starting to have some power in the league instead of the "do as your told" days.

That is literally how sports work. I mean legit, even in the NBA... Yeah, the players get to choose where to go more so than the NFL, but ultimately the coach (maybe even your VP) is installing the plays and is... well... Coaching.. lol.  Try to tell a great coach what he should be doing as a coach, or play how you want vs how your told.... try that with Belichick. People love to say Tom is past the "current day" NFL, but Belichick is off of the Parcells coaching tree just like Coughlin and old man Bill is sitting pretty on how many titles now? 6! Between the 2 coaches they have 8. One has the GOAT the other had Eli (mediocre QB at best) and TC beat Bill for both of his titles with said average QB. Tom also had a few shots here to make it to the Super bowel and those teams came up just short. Marrone is not Tom, but hes not the worst HC we've ever had either. This team should be 2-1 if we played week 2 a little smarter.

I will say this, maybe players are becoming harder to coach, most likely due to the fact they want more control, or maturity, or something else I don't know. All I know is, if I were a player and I saw the resume of Tom Coughlin or Bill Belichick, and I had access to their knowledge and input as a player,  I'd listen.

(09-23-2019, 12:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 12:29 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Was Jalen all that close to Fowler, and that whole situation?

I understand he doesn't like the attitude projected by TC and front office towards the players as purely employees.  But FO has dealt Jack really well. Even with Yan, if what the contract reported on twitter was truth, it was a reasonable offer. Even with Fowler, the team never came out speaking badly about him or anything that transpired, it was all leaks. I'm not sure I understand why he has such distrust towards them. Maybe it was how the coaches and staff handled releasing Gipson, Church, and Malik?

But if that is the first time it happened, the reaction of requesting a trade is way over the top. 

I don't know. I feel like a some people take any criticism, friction, or disagreement as a sign of complete disrespect or even a slander/libel, which is ridiculous. It's reaction that I've never understood.

(09-23-2019, 01:09 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 12:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Reportedly, Coughlin chewed Ramsey out in the locker room after the game in Houston when Ramsey got into it with the HC on the sideline. 

But if that is the first time it happened, the reaction of requesting a trade is way over the top. 

I don't know. I feel like a some people take any criticism, friction, or disagreement as a sign of complete disrespect or even a slander/libel, which is ridiculous. It's reaction that I've never understood.

The reaction is indeed over the top, but so is nearly everything Ramsey does.

I wish they would trade him already. Tired of the shitshow
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Wasn't Gus Bradley supposed to be the new age coach? All about having fun and doing your best without any real discipline? Isn't that how you are supposed to coach the modern day player?

(09-23-2019, 01:08 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:

That is literally how sports work. I mean legit, even in the NBA... Yeah, the players get to choose where to go more so than the NFL, but ultimately the coach (maybe even your VP) is installing the plays and is... well... Coaching.. lol.  Try to tell a great coach what he should be doing as a coach, or play how you want vs how your told.... try that with Belichick. People love to say Tom is past the "current day" NFL, but Belichick is off of the Parcells coaching tree just like Coughlin and old man Bill is sitting pretty on how many titles now? 6! Between the 2 coaches they have 8. One has the GOAT the other had Eli (mediocre QB at best) and TC beat Bill for both of his titles with said average QB. Tom also had a few shots here to make it to the Super bowel and those teams came up just short. Marrone is not Tom, but hes not the worst HC we've ever had either. This team should be 2-1 if we played week 2 a little smarter.

I will say this, maybe players are becoming harder to coach, most likely due to the fact they want more control, or maturity, or something else I don't know. All I know is, if I were a player and I saw the resume of Tom Coughlin or Bill Belichick, and I had access to their knowledge and input as a player,  I'd listen.
There has always and will always be divas in the NFL. Michael Irvin, Deion Sanders, TO.... The difference is that we live in a world where all media is accessible within a second. We are able to see every thing, that every player, on every team does or says and then blow it out of proportion.

Its becoming harder and harder to keep things in the locker room these days.

So, does anyone know, was Jalen actually sick today? There were reports he was coming in to see the team doctor, but I haven't seen anything about whether he came in and whether he is actually sick.

(09-23-2019, 01:53 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: So, does anyone know, was Jalen actually sick today?  There were reports he was coming in to see the team doctor, but I haven't seen anything about whether he came in and whether he is actually sick.
Ryan Clark said Ramsey was throwing up a lot last night and he needed an IV.

https://twitter.com/josh_904/status/1176...24008?s=09
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available