Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-24-2019, 10:27 AM)Rico Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 10:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yea. Except it's been stated many times that this isn't because of one incident. It's something that's been brewing for a while. Jalen said it himself.

Really wish Eli and Elway had just "manned up" and gone to the teams that drafted them. They are petulant cry babies.

Were they under contract already?  Had the season already started?

Functionally that's a distinction with no difference.

There is no way anyone can convince me that the absence of a contract would somehow insulate Ramsey from antipathy if he declared immediately after the draft that he didn't want to play for the Jaguars.

The vituperative criticism would peak much higher then it is even now.

The fact is Eway and Manning were every bit the entitled and petulant malcontents you accuse Ramsey and others of being.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 02:47 PM by RicoTx.)

(09-24-2019, 02:09 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 10:27 AM)Rico Wrote: Were they under contract already?  Had the season already started?

There is no way anyone can convince me that the absence of a contract would somehow insulate Ramsey from antipathy if he declared immediately after the draft that he didn't want to play for the Jaguars.

The fact is Eway and Manning were every bit the entitled and petulant malcontents you accuse Ramsey and others of being.

We'll have to disagree on sentences one and two.

And I'm pretty sure in stating that I never said that he was a malcontent or a crybaby.  And I'm quite sure that I've never used the word petulant on this board (until now).  Do I like the way he is handling things...absolutely not.  I've called AB several things and deservedly so.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I just want to move on and keep these guys together.

[Image: jlkknqxeyrlegvwvoqgz.jpg]
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-24-2019, 02:09 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 10:27 AM)Rico Wrote: Were they under contract already?  Had the season already started?

I know Elway was definitely like that.

Was it really Eli who made the big fuss, or his dad? I guess it doesn't matter if he let his dad do it.

(09-24-2019, 02:41 PM)Rico Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 02:09 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Functionally that's a distinction with no difference.

We'll have to disagree on sentences one and two.

And I'm pretty sure in stating that I never said that he was a malcontent or a crybaby.  And I'm quite sure that I've never used the word petulant on this board (until now).  Do I like the way he is handling things...absolutely not.  I've called AB several things and deservedly so.
Have you used those exact words? I don't think so but others have thrown them around quite often.

The Elway/Eli situation is pretty much exactly the same. All 3 don't/didn't want to play for the teams that drafted them and demanded a trade. The timing of when they asked for it is irrelevant. 

In fact, I would say Elway and Elis situation is much much worse.

(09-24-2019, 03:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 02:41 PM)Rico Wrote: We'll have to disagree on sentences one and two.

Have you used those exact words? I don't think so but others have thrown them around quite often.

The Elway/Eli situation is pretty much exactly the same. All 3 don't/didn't want to play for the teams that drafted them and demanded a trade. The timing of when they asked for it is irrelevant. 

Once again, opinion.

(09-24-2019, 03:34 PM)Rico Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 03:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Have you used those exact words? I don't think so but others have thrown them around quite often.

Once again, opinion.
Well.... Yea.

It's a message board so it's all opinion. Except for the fact that all 3 demanded a trade. Them there's is fact.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 04:01 PM by RicoTx.)

(09-24-2019, 03:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 03:34 PM)Rico Wrote: Once again, opinion.
Well.... Yea.

It's a message board so it's all opinion. Except for the fact that all 3 demanded a trade. Them there's is fact.

Well, actually that is not totally correct.  They said that they would not play for the teams if they drafted them.  And they did it anyway.

Edit:  Sorry, my error.  That was only Manning.  Elway was going to play baseball instead.

(09-24-2019, 03:56 PM)Rico Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 03:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Well.... Yea.

Well, actually that is not totally correct.  They said that they would not play for the teams if they drafted them.  And they did it anyway.

Edit:  Sorry, my error.  That was only Manning.  Elway was going to play baseball instead.
Lol Whatever you say. Elway was saying "trade me or I will play baseball" is pretty much the same as demanding a trade but ok.

Ramsey is looking a little better because he demanded a trade and yet still played on Thursday night and will most likely play Sunday.

Bump --- this was all the way down to #3 on the list. Had to move back to the top since you all can't get enough of this topic.

Every day that passes is good for us. I wish we would just give him what he wants and we can all move on.

Jacksonville has never really had elite level players other than Jimmy Smith, Fred Taylor, Tony Boselli, and Maurice Jones-Drew, and of course Gardner Minshew who is already a legend.

But I would put Ramsey in that group of players. If it was Ramsey’s 10th season then I could see them letting him go, but dude is in his prime and is an All Pro.

(09-24-2019, 04:39 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Every day that passes is good for us. I wish we would just give him what he wants and we can all move on.

Jacksonville has never really had elite level players other than Jimmy Smith, Fred Taylor,  Tony Boselli, and Maurice Jones-Drew, and of course Gardner Minshew who is already a legend.

But I would put Ramsey in that group of players. If it was Ramsey’s 10th season then I could see them letting him go, but dude is in his prime and is an All Pro.

What he wants is to play for a different team.  Are you suggesting trading him to the highest bidder even if the bid is not an adequate return?

(09-24-2019, 04:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 03:56 PM)Rico Wrote: Well, actually that is not totally correct.  They said that they would not play for the teams if they drafted them.  And they did it anyway.

Lol Whatever you say. Elway was saying "trade me or I will play baseball" is pretty much the same as demanding a trade but ok.

Ramsey is looking a little better because he demanded a trade and yet still played on Thursday night and will most likely play Sunday.

LOL.  Ramsey has..you know...a contract to play for the Jaguars..so I would expect him to play.  So I don't see how that makes him 'look a little better'.

They were contractually obligated to nobody at that point.

(09-24-2019, 04:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 04:39 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Every day that passes is good for us. I wish we would just give him what he wants and we can all move on.

Jacksonville has never really had elite level players other than Jimmy Smith, Fred Taylor,  Tony Boselli, and Maurice Jones-Drew, and of course Gardner Minshew who is already a legend.

What he wants is to play for a different team.  Are you suggesting trading him to the highest bidder even if the bid is not an adequate return?

I don’t want to trade him, so to clear up that statement, pay him and get rid of Marrone since he likes to argue with his star players during a game.

(09-24-2019, 04:48 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 04:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: What he wants is to play for a different team.  Are you suggesting trading him to the highest bidder even if the bid is not an adequate return?

I don’t want to trade him, so to clear up that statement, pay him and get rid of Marrone since he likes to argue with his star players during a game.

Well apparently Ramsey's problem is more Coughlin than Marrone if reports reaching the media are correct.

Either way, would you fire a coach or a staff member mid-season to please a player?

I tell you what. This thread has definitely revealed those that appear to have never played competitive sports at any level. Well OK, maybe some did after they started mandating minimum play counts for all kids even if they sucked. Everybody line up for their trophies now, even you guys that lost.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-24-2019, 04:55 PM)Jagwired Wrote: I tell you what. This thread has definitely revealed those that appear to have never played competitive sports at any level. Well OK, maybe some did after they started mandating minimum play counts for all kids even if they sucked.  Everybody line up for their trophies now, even you guys that lost.

Are you insinuating that my "Best Sportsmanship" trophy that I have on my corporate workplace mantle is meaningless?

(09-24-2019, 05:01 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 04:55 PM)Jagwired Wrote: I tell you what. This thread has definitely revealed those that appear to have never played competitive sports at any level. Well OK, maybe some did after they started mandating minimum play counts for all kids even if they sucked.  Everybody line up for their trophies now, even you guys that lost.

Are you insinuating that my "Best Sportsmanship" trophy that I have on my corporate workplace mantle is meaningless?

I wouldn't exactly use the word insinuating.  Wink
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 05:07 PM by Gabe.)

Not to jump all over your perspective, but the same generation of people complaining about Jalen's behavior are those that insisted on giving participation trophies to their kids. That's not a Gen X/Y/Millennial phenomenon. 

Coming from a Gen X that played competitive sports.

(09-24-2019, 04:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 04:48 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I don’t want to trade him, so to clear up that statement, pay him and get rid of Marrone since he likes to argue with his star players during a game.

Well apparently Ramsey's problem is more Coughlin than Marrone if reports reaching the media are correct.

Either way, would you fire a coach or a staff member mid-season to please a player?

I keep looking - but is that what Ramsey has "demanded?"
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 05:11 PM by Jags.)

(09-24-2019, 10:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 09:26 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: I think that includes most of us who see Jalen for the petulant crybaby he is.  I want him on the team. The question is nuanced, however, by do we want him on team at the expense of overthrowing discipline and the chain of command?  I don’t think we have to.  It requires management to behave as adults, stand their ground, AND offer him a contract commensurate with his talent and performance.

He doesn’t get to leave because he’s butthurt.
He doesn’t get to have the boss fired. He gets to man up and play and get paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea. Except it's been stated many times that this isn't because of one incident. It's something that's been brewing for a while. Jalen said it himself.

Really wish Eli and Elway had just "manned up" and gone to the teams that drafted them. They are petulant cry babies.

How do you act like that on the field and sideline and not expect an [BLEEP] chewing?  Unless you feel you’re bigger than the team/organization.  Ramsey spouts off so much [BLEEP], how can you really take his word for anything?   He just wants to be himself and do as he pleases without having to hear about it or be told he’s wrong.

Edit: forgot, he wants to get paid as well.  The kid just wants it all.