Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 07:47 PM by knarnn.)

It’s pretty common for teams to give players a day or two off for the birth of their child/attend funerals for a close family member etc. It’s not common to give player extended absences during the season to deal with such matters. That last line in the teams statement concerns me. If he misses Sunday and isn’t here Monday morning I’ll be a bit ticked.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Congrats to him.. Maybe some time off will give both him and this FO a chance to really reconcile when he does come back.

If he comes back..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 07:50 PM by knarnn.)

https://twitter.com/tonykhan/status/1177...61600?s=21

Someone’s getting defensive.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-25-2019, 07:49 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/tonykhan/status/1177...61600?s=21

Gette'm Tony..

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 07:54 PM by Rockman1966.)

"Are you not entertained?" I am. This is epic theater.

https://youtu.be/YbBiXPVKuTA

It's worth 2 minutes to watch.

Ramsey, Ramsey, Ramsey.......

(09-25-2019, 07:47 PM)knarnn Wrote: It’s pretty common for teams to give players a day or two off for the birth of their child/attend funerals for a close family member etc. It’s not common to give player extended absences during the season to deal with such matters. That last line in the teams statement concerns me. If he misses Sunday and isn’t here Monday morning I’ll be a bit ticked.

Remember he took time away from the team in 2018 for the birth of his first child, granted that was during training camp though.

https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...9147866117

Maybe he plays Sunday, maybe he doesn't. But I'll agree that if he's away from the team for going on 2 weeks or longer, that'll be cause for concern.

2 Patriots players have already missed games this season due to births of their childs.

(09-25-2019, 07:51 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 07:49 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/tonykhan/status/1177...61600?s=21

Gette'm Tony..

Exactly. I dont get why every tweet and action a person makes has to be analysed for what it really means. She's having a baby. That's not exactly a set time situation.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 07:57 PM by Jagwired.)

(09-25-2019, 07:44 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 07:42 PM)Jagwired Wrote: So no fault to be found then, correct?

So are you trying to imply that you think football is bigger than the birth of ones child?
Not at all. How you could possibly deduct that from my words is laughable. I simply stated that the organization once again acquiesced to his desires.

You on the other hand seem to be implying the team looks bad if denying him leave but doesn't look at all good when they do allow him leave?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Obviously if she is in labor imminently then that's one thing, but this doesn't feel like your typical "call me if she's admitted to the hospital and I'll leave the field and be back by Wednesday" type of paternity leave.

This feels a lot like a 'well she's supposed to have the baby in a week or two and I'll be back a week or two after that' type of thing.

(09-25-2019, 07:39 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 07:35 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Once again, acquiescing to his every individual need. Lets see someone fault the hated front office for that.

You do realize how bad of a look it would be for this front office if they told him no, that he couldn't go see the birth of his child... Like really?

(09-25-2019, 07:37 PM)Jags Wrote: Whatever excuse that puts him in good light

Excuses huh??? Shes looking pretty damn pregnant here imo....

[Image: EFWNsvgW4AA_3rW.jpg]

Not nearly enough to pop a kid out.

Gene is a total feminine hygiene nozzle..

The millennial wildcard
Plot thickens

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 08:01 PM by Jags.)

Kids probably not due until December.

Like I said in another thread, how can you believe anything he says at this point. He’s sick. Marrone says he’s fine. His back hurts. Marrone says everyone’s hurting. Now pulling the family and baby card? Whatever. Just looking for whatever reason that doesn’t put him in a bad light to get out of work.

I’m with Frennette. Prove me wrong. I just don’t believe it.

Congrats to Jalen. If he's not back within three days of birth, put him on reserve/left squad and bury all this silliness until the offseason. Players on R/LS are not permitted to be at the team facilities, are not permitted to attend games and are not able to participate in team activities.

I'm pretty sure it also keeps the year from ticking towards free agency, but not positive on that.

He doesn't want to be here, so send him home and quit letting him be a sideshow.

Ramsey’s agent:

https://twitter.com/davidmulugheta/statu...42626?s=21

Is my sarcasm meter going off?

(09-25-2019, 07:57 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 07:39 PM)Eric1 Wrote: You do realize how bad of a look it would be for this front office if they told him no, that he couldn't go see the birth of his child... Like really?

Excuses huh??? Shes looking pretty damn pregnant here imo....

[Image: EFWNsvgW4AA_3rW.jpg]

Not nearly enough to pop a kid out.

Yea no [BLEEP]... That picture was taken months ago during training camp etc... Now fast forward 2-3 months...

Jags just covering for him to keep his value

Some of you have really lost it man.

This one athlete has you so triggered.

(09-25-2019, 08:03 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 07:57 PM)Jags Wrote: Not nearly enough to pop a kid out.

Yea no [BLEEP]... That picture was taken months ago during training camp etc... Now fast forward 2-3 months...

That’s really convenient for him at this point in his career.

beast case scenario would be the corners play great without him