Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-25-2019, 08:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: beast case scenario would be the corners play great without him

That and a W.  Looking forward to seeing it

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-25-2019, 08:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: beast case scenario would be the corners play great without him

They better hope, because Flacco and that Denver Offense is terrible. If they light us up on Sunday... Oh boy.

(09-25-2019, 08:09 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

They better hope, because Flacco and that Denver Offense is terrible. If they light us up on Sunday... Oh boy.

#becausejaguars if the D makes their offense look like Brady's Patriots.

(09-25-2019, 08:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Some of you have really lost it man.

This one athlete has you so triggered.

I have been as ardently defending Ramsey as you have, but you gotta admit the slim chances that this is a completely above board paternity leave. It's way too convenient combined with the rest of this weeks occurrences.

Hopefully we hear that the baby is actually born tomorrow and Jalen will be back early next week to practice for the Panthers game, but I think you know as well as everyone else that is unlikely to be the case.

That said, I still hope we find a way to keep and pay Jalen and fire our 3 headed snake FO.

We'll get to find out if Herndon can play, yeah?  I think Hayden will be fine, but the fourth guy on the depth chart is likely to be tested a little.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

What a crap show circus. Trade Ramsey, flush TMC, and offer up jobs to Lincoln Riley (or other offensive mind) and a seasoned GM.

(09-25-2019, 08:13 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 08:09 PM)Eric1 Wrote: They better hope, because Flacco and that Denver Offense is terrible. If they light us up on Sunday... Oh boy.

#becausejaguars if the D makes their offense look like Brady's Patriots.

It's the Broncos and Flacco.  C'mon man, breathe.  :-)

The defense will be fine.
Fix the O-Line!

(09-25-2019, 08:17 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:

We'll get to find out if Herndon can play, yeah?  I think Hayden will be fine, but the fourth guy on the depth chart is likely to be tested a little.

Herndon did a solid job filling in for Bouye vs the texans. Will Fuller got him a time or two in that game, but hes got legit 4.3 speed.

(09-25-2019, 08:17 PM)Upper Wrote:

I have been as ardently defending Ramsey as you have, but you gotta admit the slim chances that this is a completely above board paternity leave. It's way too convenient combined with the rest of this weeks occurrences.

Hopefully we hear that the baby is actually born tomorrow and Jalen will be back early next week to practice for the Panthers game, but I think you know as well as everyone else that is unlikely to be the case.

That said, I still hope we find a way to keep and pay Jalen and fire our 3 headed snake FO.
Of course this all looks extremely odd. Illness (which is true), injuries (which are true and documented) and then a baby. Right after he asked for a trade. I get it.

However, I’m willing to let it play out before bashing the man.

(09-25-2019, 08:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 08:17 PM)Upper Wrote: I have been as ardently defending Ramsey as you have, but you gotta admit the slim chances that this is a completely above board paternity leave. It's way too convenient combined with the rest of this weeks occurrences.

Of course this all looks extremely odd. Illness (which is true), injuries (which are true and documented) and then a baby. Right after he asked for a trade. I get it.

I think it's fair to say that Jalen is playing all of the cards in his deck, and the FO is doing the same. I don't really think either side is at fault for what is going on in this saga, they're each acting in their own interests. I just hope Shad sides with the elite player over underwhelming FO when all is said and done.

What's the over/under for the birth date?
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(09-25-2019, 08:25 PM)Upper Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 08:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Of course this all looks extremely odd. Illness (which is true), injuries (which are true and documented) and then a baby. Right after he asked for a trade. I get it.

I think it's fair to say that Jalen is playing all of the cards in his deck, and the FO is doing the same. I don't really think either side is at fault for what is going on in this saga, they're each acting in their own interests. I just hope Shad sides with the elite player over underwhelming FO when all is said and done.

That underwhelming front office is looking better every game.  Some of their draft picks are developing instead of busting.
Fix the O-Line!

(09-25-2019, 08:26 PM)PF* Wrote: What's the over/under for the birth date?
12/12

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(09-25-2019, 08:32 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 08:26 PM)PF* Wrote: What's the over/under for the birth date?
12/12

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'll take the over.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(09-25-2019, 08:17 PM)Upper Wrote:

Last week his girlfriend tweeted about how excited she is for the baby to be born next week. 

It's likely he was gonna be present for the birth regardless, but now that it was already unlikely he was gonna play or practice this week, it makes more sense for everyone if he's there for all of it.

If you've ever had to manage a group of people. You may find yourself in these weird, internal tugs of war.

You want to be angry, and you're probably angry. But policy is policy. And [BLEEP] happens. Some people use sick days, or have "life" moments during pretty questionable times. Or abuse them or deplete them to a certain point. But do jusssssst enough to avoid the chopping block.

But... you can't say [BLEEP] because you know it's hard to argue or prove that this person or that person is truly missing time because it's "life' or just them being a self centered, self absorbed butt whipe taking time off to prove a point or two.

In this case? It's give and take. But he's got the front office by the balls. LOL. I know we're all divided on here. But Coughlin has a long history of being a little too old for school. But times have changed. Hopefully Tom changes his tune and approach in the months to come.

And hopefully Jalen meets the old man in the middle being a father of two now and kills the boy inside of him a bit. And let's the man be born. Either way. I am tired of all of this [BLEEP]. Really am. I'll be on the Minshew bandwagon from here on out.

Chuckin' bombs and [BLEEP]' moms. #15! That's my Quarterback!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 08:53 PM by JackCity.)

(09-25-2019, 08:01 PM)Jags Wrote: Kids probably not due until December.  

Like I said in another thread, how can you believe anything he says at this point.  He’s sick.  Marrone says he’s fine.  His back hurts.  Marrone says everyone’s hurting.  Now pulling the family and baby card?  Whatever.  Just looking for whatever reason that doesn’t put him in a bad light to get out of work.

I’m with Frennette.  Prove me wrong.  I just don’t believe it.

His girlfriend was heavily pregnant at training camp and has been talking about the pregnancy lol, this isn't a conspiracy

[Image: 20_img_20190924_152922(1).jpg]

The only reason this looks bad is because he thought it was fine flying to LA on Tuesday. He is ~1 hour away in Jacksonville. If he wanted to be there for the birth, he shouldn't have thought it wise to fly to LA on Tuesday if she was due this week.

There are no issues with him missing the game, but fix the image. He keeps creating further distractions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 09:18 PM by surfon.)

Yea but the language of he will be back when HE is ready....kinda puts a funny twist on it. Oh and you got her pregnant twice. Grow up and put a ring on her finger.