Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-28-2019, 04:30 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 12:11 PM)Corriewf Wrote: This feels more like a bar, whereas those other mediums feel like a curated comic con or something. 

There are some pretty smart folks here that offer some great analysis. There have been times where someone offered info that seems very insider. Like someone definitely in the know. 

What ever happened to the official forums? I used to read them as a guest and then one day they disappeared and google took me here. 

Either way, I always find it funny when people post like the players can read it.

Someone better in the know could get more specific...  but the teams are all in on social media as a replacement to official forums.  The Admins here were able to export the official forums to this location.  It was great that 1 they took the initiative and 2 the team assisted.  NFL Teams like controlling the message and the forums had people/posting stuff that the team couldn't endorse.  Everyone is risk averse in many many ways.

If you think the team is 'controlling the message' on social media, you haven't seen some of the jags Facebook groups out there... Generally speaking they are the most obnoxious and idiotic discussions you could ever find.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-28-2019, 04:39 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 08:58 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Half this damn thread was like:

"That baby ain't real. She's lying. Look at her belly."

Some of ya'll outta be ashamed I tell you h'wat!

I didn't doubt the baby. I doubted the idea that it was "personal" or "paternity" leave. I'd love to be wrong, but when someone who doesn't want to be there goes from a flu to a phantom injury to indefinite baby leave, eyebrows go up.

I seldom agree with you but I certainly do here.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-28-2019, 04:49 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 04:30 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Someone better in the know could get more specific...  but the teams are all in on social media as a replacement to official forums.  The Admins here were able to export the official forums to this location.  It was great that 1 they took the initiative and 2 the team assisted.  NFL Teams like controlling the message and the forums had people/posting stuff that the team couldn't endorse.  Everyone is risk averse in many many ways.

If you think the team is 'controlling the message' on social media, you haven't seen some of the jags Facebook groups out there... Generally speaking they are the most obnoxious and idiotic discussions you could ever find.
Almost like on here!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(09-28-2019, 12:11 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 12:03 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Twitter and other social media has displaced the fan boards.  I still prefer fan boards because the content is more specific.  Even when the boards were directly linked and part of the jaguars website, I always doubted that the players, coachers or team interacted with us.

Edit:
Plus the new trend is that article comments are disabled on a large number of websites as well.

This feels more like a bar, whereas those other mediums feel like a curated comic con or something. 

There are some pretty smart folks here that offer some great analysis. There have been times where someone offered info that seems very insider. Like someone definitely in the know. 

What ever happened to the official forums? I used to read them as a guest and then one day they disappeared and google took me here. 

Either way, I always find it funny when people post like the players can read it.

I wasn't expecting Ramsey to read my congrats, I was being polite. 

Donovin Darius used to post and/or reply on the the old message board from time to time.

(09-28-2019, 07:26 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 12:11 PM)Corriewf Wrote: This feels more like a bar, whereas those other mediums feel like a curated comic con or something. 

I wasn't expecting Ramsey to read my congrats, I was being polite. 

Donovin Darius used to post and/or reply on the the old message board from time to time.

Didn’t Vince Manawai or however you spell it do the same? There was another that would post occasionally.  DD was pre my reading of the board

Uche use to post on the boards.

(09-28-2019, 07:33 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Uche use to post on the boards.

That was the guy!  Thanks.  I knew it was someone I couldn’t spell. Vince was the one I’d run into at the poker room a bunch.

(09-28-2019, 04:49 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 04:30 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Someone better in the know could get more specific...  but the teams are all in on social media as a replacement to official forums.  The Admins here were able to export the official forums to this location.  It was great that 1 they took the initiative and 2 the team assisted.  NFL Teams like controlling the message and the forums had people/posting stuff that the team couldn't endorse.  Everyone is risk averse in many many ways.

I mean would you host a forum that is associated directly with your team website where you are incurring the data retention costs and responsible for the content that resides on your assets?  With social media their official verified site and the get out the information posts are controlled.  The team doesn't control the responses or own the cost of maintaining the storage, hosting, etc of the responses.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-28-2019, 04:30 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:

Someone better in the know could get more specific...  but the teams are all in on social media as a replacement to official forums.  The Admins here were able to export the official forums to this location.  It was great that 1 they took the initiative and 2 the team assisted.  NFL Teams like controlling the message and the forums had people/posting stuff that the team couldn't endorse.  Everyone is risk averse in many many ways.

Oh I recall and was surprised at some of the things that flew under the radar there. Makes sense though, staffing and controlling the message would be daunting. I like the fact that this is independent. The admins here don’t mind taking a bit of gruff from time to time either which is great!

On topic: 
https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/...g-65889427

Reading through this time line made me want Ramsey traded even more. He’s been quite the drama queen through the years.

(09-27-2019, 10:53 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...3901682688

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/...4141880321

I wonder what it's like playing with a teammate that openly what's to be elsewhere?

Again, he'd never wear that helmet again. I'm 40, I guess I'm officially old but...there's no way he'd wear MY teams' colors again. He'd be suspended until I got a good enough offer for him. By the end of the off season I'd probably take the best available offer.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(09-28-2019, 10:15 PM)KABD Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 10:53 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...3901682688

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/...4141880321

I wonder what it's like playing with a teammate that openly what's to be elsewhere?

With Ramsey, there are 2 different people. The on the field person who will give 100% no matter what. Then there is the off the field person who wants to be a star and wants the NBA life.

I've never doubted that he wouldn't allow his trade demand to affect his on the field play. The players know this and they know he makes the team better. As long as he isn't causing problems on the field or in meetings, he will still play.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(09-28-2019, 11:48 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 10:15 PM)KABD Wrote: I wonder what it's like playing with a teammate that openly what's to be elsewhere?

With Ramsey, there are 2 different people. The on the field person who will give 100% no matter what. Then there is the off the field person who wants to be a star and wants the NBA life.

I've never doubted that he wouldn't allow his trade demand to affect his on the field play. The players know this and they know he makes the team better. As long as he isn't causing problems on the field or in meetings, he will still play.

Just remember the off the field person also wants to do what's best for his career and life. At this moment this includes leaving a perennially bad franchise and small market.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2019, 12:10 AM by Rockman1966.)

(09-28-2019, 11:48 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 10:15 PM)KABD Wrote: I wonder what it's like playing with a teammate that openly what's to be elsewhere?

With Ramsey, there are 2 different people. The one the field person who will give 100% no matter what. Then there is the off the field person who wants to be a star and wants the NBA life.
Help me out, is that being bi-polar or schizophrenic?

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2019, 12:27 AM by Setsuna00.)

(09-29-2019, 12:03 AM)JackCity Wrote: Just remember the off the field person also wants to do what's best for his career and life. At this moment this includes leaving a perennially bad franchise and small market.

[Image: giphy.gif]
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(09-29-2019, 12:03 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 11:48 PM)p_rushing Wrote: With Ramsey, there are 2 different people. The on the field person who will give 100% no matter what. Then there is the off the field person who wants to be a star and wants the NBA life.

Just remember the off the field person also wants to do what's best for his career and life. At this moment this includes leaving a perennially bad franchise and small market.
Agreed. Until this week that didn't create a problem. If he continues to miss practice while flying everywhere but to Jacksonville, then he needs to be fined and possibly suspended.

(09-29-2019, 12:29 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 12:03 AM)JackCity Wrote: Just remember the off the field person also wants to do what's best for his career and life. At this moment this includes leaving a perennially bad franchise and small market.
Agreed. Until this week that didn't create a problem. If he continues to miss practice while flying everywhere but to Jacksonville, then he needs to be fined and possibly suspended.

That's where this whole situation gets complex. 

Fining and suspending him is not gonna improve the situation between him and Jacksonville or make it less of a distraction. But you also have to do something eventually. 

You also don't want to trade one of the best players in the league for a bad price , especially when you don't have to actually do it. 

So your 3 options are basically 

1) Fine, suspend and let him rot which will = him being a big distraction every single week even if not playing 

2) Trade him , most likely for a below average price and give away your best and most marketable star while still controlling two years of his deal 

Or 

3) Do everything you can to appease him and try keep him here whether through consistent owner intervention, new deal, promises etc etc 

All of these options have downsides, but I think they have to choose one of them eventually

(09-28-2019, 05:03 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 04:39 PM)TJBender Wrote: I didn't doubt the baby. I doubted the idea that it was "personal" or "paternity" leave. I'd love to be wrong, but when someone who doesn't want to be there goes from a flu to a phantom injury to indefinite baby leave, eyebrows go up.

I seldom agree with you but I certainly do here.

i<3u2, bby

(09-29-2019, 12:06 AM)Rockman1966 Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 11:48 PM)p_rushing Wrote: With Ramsey, there are 2 different people. The one the field person who will give 100% no matter what. Then there is the off the field person who wants to be a star and wants the NBA life.
Help me out, is that being bi-polar or schizophrenic?

Bipolar disorder involves mood swings. Schizophrenia involves voices in the head and/or being Richie Incognito. Ramsey's just a dick.

(09-29-2019, 12:54 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 12:29 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Agreed. Until this week that didn't create a problem. If he continues to miss practice while flying everywhere but to Jacksonville, then he needs to be fined and possibly suspended.

That's where this whole situation gets complex. 

Fining and suspending him is not gonna improve the situation between him and Jacksonville or make it less of a distraction. But you also have to do something eventually. 

You also don't want to trade one of the best players in the league for a bad price , especially when you don't have to actually do it. 

So your 3 options are basically 

1) Fine, suspend and let him rot which will = him being a big distraction every single week even if not playing 

2) Trade him , most likely for a below average price and give away your best and most marketable star while still controlling two years of his deal 

Or 

3) Do everything you can to appease him and try keep him here whether through consistent owner intervention, new deal, promises etc etc 

All of these options have downsides, but I think they have to choose one of them eventually

I say play him the rest of the year while doing your best to improve the situation. If it doeant work out, trade him in the offseason. I feel like you'd get better value in the offseason than you would now.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2019, 05:31 AM by SignMeUpAtQB.)

The Problem with letting a player rot away on your team is the situation its going to create with other FAs. We are already limited by being a small market team, if we start benching and fining our better players to sabotage them, how will that realistically play with other FAs. Ideally, it will show that the franchise wont be held ransom, but really, the NFL is similar to the NBA in terms of players being buddies off the field nowadays. And a lot of them are represented by the same agents/agencies, so burning bridges will come to haunt you, you dont want your franchise to be labelled as being spiteful to its own players if things dont go the right way. Plus, you are absolutely tanking the value of the player you are benching. Ramsey also has the support of some of his teammates, so if Ramsey starts to not show up to practice next week, I say fine him and move on QUICKLY. You dont want this to be a season long debacle/distraction.

That being said, I hope he balls out tonight, so that his value stays high (for a trade) or even for the reason that TC/Khan find a way to make him feel appreciated (not gonna happen, I know).