Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2019, 10:41 AM by B2hibry.)

Is the defense better with Jalen. Sure. Do we need him...no. Especially if we are supposed to pay him $20m a year and have to deal with the attitude. We need multiple good players, not just one. Breaking the bank for him is going to make it hard to address all other positions. Something will have to give. In any case, I don't think this is all about the money. I don't know what Tom said to him but I'm willing to bet this is all Jalen trying to save face and prove a point.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It was Joe Flacco. Joe Flacco was torching the Jags.

What’s gonna happen when an actual good QB goes against the Jags?

Yes. The Jags need Ramsey. Saying otherwise is foolish.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2019, 10:46 AM by americus 2.0.)

(09-30-2019, 04:18 AM)BritJag Wrote: Oh noes Eric. It's all on the inmates, as dim folks like Ameritus, Yoda etc would say. Their reaction don't matter. Shut up and dribble.

If you're going to call me dim at least spell my name right. Classy with the name calling.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2019, 10:49 AM by Mowerguy.)

More like Jalen doesn't need (or want) the Jaguars.

(09-30-2019, 10:39 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Is the defense better with Jalen. Sure. Do we need him...no. Especially if we are supposed to pay him $20m a year and have to deal with the attitude. We need multiple good players, not just one. Breaking the bank for him is going to make it hard to address all other positions. Something will have to give. In any case, I don't think this is all about the money. I don't know what Tom said to him but I'm willing to bet this is all Jalen trying to save face and prove a point.

This /\/\ x 2

We'll get by with or without him.  Cool
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-30-2019, 10:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: It was Joe Flacco. Joe Flacco was torching the Jags.

No, it isn't foolish to say we need him.  

Are we better when he plays, yes.  

But we don't need all of the bull [BLEEP] that goes along with it.  

He doesn't want to be here anyway.  Poor widdle baby is being diswespected.  [BLEEP] him.  Give him his wish when the right deal comes along.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-30-2019, 10:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: It was Joe Flacco. Joe Flacco was torching the Jags.

+1 

You dont just replace Ramsey talent. I get people are frustrated with him and yes I am a Jalen fan but lets look at this.

Firstly the media are desperate to turn this into AB part 2. Its nowhere near that. They have 24/7 sports shows, they have to talk about stuff and Ramsey is the low hanging fruit. 

He didn't leak the trade request that could have been sorted with a 30 minute conversation, he was there yesterday supporting his teammates. Hes said time and again it's about respect.

(09-30-2019, 11:25 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:

+1 

You dont just replace Ramsey talent. I get people are frustrated with him and yes I am a Jalen fan but lets look at this.

Firstly the media are desperate to turn this into AB part 2. Its nowhere near that. They have 24/7 sports shows, they have to talk about stuff and Ramsey is the low hanging fruit. 

He didn't leak the trade request that could have been sorted with a 30 minute conversation, he was there yesterday supporting his teammates. Hes said time and again it's about respect.

I'd love to hear why he feels disrespected.

(09-30-2019, 11:25 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:

+1 

Yes time and time again it’s about ego.

(09-30-2019, 11:31 AM)Rico Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 11:25 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: +1 

I'd love to hear why he feels disrespected.

Well that's the bit where I think we are all lost. We have had cryptic messages from both sides and neither have just come out and said it's because of this and this.

So it gets blurred, is it money? Scheme? Coaches? Coughlin? Jville? We get 'sources' but it doesn't help clear the situation.

Fake news
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-30-2019, 11:43 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 11:31 AM)Rico Wrote: I'd love to hear why he feels disrespected.

Well that's the bit where I think we are all lost. We have had cryptic messages from both sides and neither have just come out and said it's because of this and this.

So it gets blurred, is it money? Scheme? Coaches? Coughlin? Jville? We get 'sources' but it doesn't help clear the situation.

He said himself that it was about 'respect'.  I'd love to know what awful thing was so disrespectful.

(09-30-2019, 01:08 PM)Rico Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 11:43 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Well that's the bit where I think we are all lost. We have had cryptic messages from both sides and neither have just come out and said it's because of this and this.

He said himself that it was about 'respect'.  I'd love to know what awful thing was so disrespectful.

Whatever it was, it couldnt have been worse than what was said to Fournette the last 2 years.

One mans disrespect is another mans motivation

(09-30-2019, 11:43 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Well that's the bit where I think we are all lost. We have had cryptic messages from both sides and neither have just come out and said it's because of this and this.

Coughlin started moving his head and neck side to side like a snake and he said "yo mama is an astronaut"

Respect to Jalen Ramsey means not talking to him in any way that he finds displeasing.

He's never had to live real life. He's always been coddled.

(09-30-2019, 07:19 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If true, entire front office should be let go.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...en-ramsey/

The team was going to be picking low in the draft order. The "first round" talent pool tends to dry up around pick 20, and you're getting into guys with real question marks as to whether they're first, second, even third-round talents. Would you be ok with trading Jalen Ramsey for Renaldo Wynn and Fernando Bryant? I sure as hell wouldn't.

one player does not make a team. However, we drafted Ramsey because he is a lockdown corner and that helps all facets of the defense. If I were the Jags I would come out publicly announce they have no intention of trading him and thats all there is to that. Put the ball in his court. Why should we give him up, just because he is a petulant little man child with hurt feelings?
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

If I'm the team, unless I get what I want (high draft picks and quality players), Jalen isn't going anywhere. Really quite that simple. He can sit and in the mean time I would look for his replacement in free agency and draft.

All the cards are in the teams hands.

(09-30-2019, 01:59 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: If I'm the team, unless I get what I want (high draft picks and quality players), Jalen isn't going anywhere. Really quite that simple. He can sit and in the mean time I would look for his replacement in free agency and draft.

Well, Jalen has the all world talent card. That's a pretty important card to hold.

If a team offered a 1st rounder and a player that could help us now would be huge.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-30-2019, 02:18 PM)Upper Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 01:59 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: If I'm the team, unless I get what I want (high draft picks and quality players), Jalen isn't going anywhere. Really quite that simple. He can sit and in the mean time I would look for his replacement in free agency and draft.

Well, Jalen has the all world talent card. That's a pretty important card to hold.

Jalen does have all world talent. That fact has absolutely nothing to do with where and for what team he is paid by for that talent. The Jags control that for the next two years if they desire. Like the man said, it's simple.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.