Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

(04-04-2020, 04:35 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: I will be furious with Caldwell if he doesn't get at least a first-round pick from the trade. Yan is a young player and makes turnovers. I really wish he'd stay here. But if they don't get a first-round pick for him, he can sit all year, or play as a Jag. It's up to him.

Agreed. I dont care about his incessant whining on IG and twitter.  If we dont get the first, Yan best be prepared to stay for the next 2 years.  It's in Yan's best interest to [BLEEP] on these platforms, and let things work themselves out.   His drama on these platforms hurts his value, which hurts his chances to get dealt.  I really like Yan, and would love for him to stay.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I agree with the comments that Ramsey poison the attitude and locker room of this team. I’m a long time for a state fan, and I own’s jersey, but it seems clear his me first attitude affected the team.

(04-04-2020, 04:42 PM)Jags North Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 04:35 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: I will be furious with Caldwell if he doesn't get at least a first-round pick from the trade. Yan is a young player and makes turnovers. I really wish he'd stay here. But if they don't get a first-round pick for him, he can sit all year, or play as a Jag. It's up to him.

Agreed. I dont care about his incessant whining on IG and twitter.  If we dont get the first, Yan best be prepared to stay for the next 2 years.  It's in Yan's best interest to [BLEEP] on these platforms, and let things work themselves out.   His drama on these platforms hurts his value, which hurts his chances to get dealt.  I really like Yan, and would love for him to stay.
What’s  worse for Yan is if he does decide to sit, he will lose ~54mil from declining the alleged initial contract offered, while not playing under the tag for 2 years as well.

How much will a team be willing to pay him if he’s been out of the league 2 years when he reaches unrestricted FA? Ouch. I think he’d play on the tag for 6 games to accrue the season and disappear. That’d still crush his long term value imo. Everything Yan has done so far has lost him several millions he will likely never make back through any contract he signs.

(04-01-2020, 01:33 PM)Rico Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 01:32 PM)JagJohn Wrote: From a CBS article today about trades that should happen:

4. Jaguars trade Yannick Ngakoue to the Giants
Jaguars get: 2020 first-round pick (fourth overall), 2020 second-round pick (36th overall), 2021 second-round pick
Giants get: Yannick Ngakoue, 2020 first-round pick (ninth overall)

I'd take that...

Well....yeah.  But the Giants would have to be idiots.

That was my original opinion.

But the Giants are likely targeting an OT, and dropping from 4 to 9 wouldn't make that much difference since there are 3 OT prospects that are roughly equal. At least one, and maybe all three will be there at pick 9.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(04-05-2020, 03:35 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 04:42 PM)Jags North Wrote: Agreed. I dont care about his incessant whining on IG and twitter.  If we dont get the first, Yan best be prepared to stay for the next 2 years.  It's in Yan's best interest to [BLEEP] on these platforms, and let things work themselves out.   His drama on these platforms hurts his value, which hurts his chances to get dealt.  I really like Yan, and would love for him to stay.
What’s  worse for Yan is if he does decide to sit, he will lose ~54mil from declining the alleged initial contract offered, while not playing under the tag for 2 years as well.

How much will a team be willing to pay him if he’s been out of the league 2 years when he reaches unrestricted FA? Ouch. I think he’d play on the tag for 6 games to accrue the season and disappear. That’d still crush his long term value imo. Everything Yan has done so far has lost him several millions he will likely never make back through any contract he signs.
But hey, his pride and twitter account are still intact! Laughing
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2020, 11:36 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(04-05-2020, 11:18 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 01:33 PM)Rico Wrote: Well....yeah.  But the Giants would have to be idiots.

But the Giants are likely targeting an OT, and dropping from 4 to 9 wouldn't make that much difference since there are 3 OT prospects that are roughly equal. At least one, and maybe all three will be there at pick 9.

Sure they could trade 4th for 9th and Yan, but there is no way they also give up 2 2nd rounders also, that's beyond stupid.

Most we get for Yan is a low first, more likely a 2nd and a 4th maybe.

(04-05-2020, 11:18 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 01:33 PM)Rico Wrote: Well....yeah.  But the Giants would have to be idiots.

It wouldn't make that big a deal to the Giants unless they're targeting Simmons. If this trade was made, I'm really not sure what the Jaguars would do. I could definitely see the Lions trading spots with the Dolphins taking Tua off the board. That leaves Brown, Okudah, Simmons or their number 1 offensive lineman. Without making this trade, they have about a 50-50 chance of getting Brown anyway so I'm not really sure if it would be that great for the Jaguars. Personally, I'd rather deal with the Eagles or Seattle to get their number 1 pick and possibly an additional pick thrown in- even if it's for the 2021 draft. If neither of those teams bite, I'd then go back to the Giants and make the deal. With that pick, I'd grab Okudah since he's far and away the best corner.

After the draft, a team that signs Yannick would give up 2 firsts but they would be a 2021 and a 2022. That might make it slightly more likely, since the picks would be 1 year and 2 years away. Almost like the time value of money.

(04-07-2020, 02:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/JohnReid64/status/12...61541?s=20

Can you follow up with notes? Work is getting in the way.

Thanks!!!!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-07-2020, 02:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/JohnReid64/status/12...61541?s=20

(04-07-2020, 02:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Can you follow up with notes? Work is getting in the way.

Thanks!!!!

Basically he said he's a douche. That he's one of the top three defensive end's in the NFL currently because of 14 career FF. And that it's a valuable statistic. He's still wanting to move on and be elsewhere because he's a douche. 

He also said we had a chance to resign him last year. Things fell off (Coughlin is gone, so, not sure what the issue is now) and that he's ready to start a new chapter. He's not worth top three defensive end money. 

He's good. Not great. He doesn't have a J.J Watt nor Khalil Mack like impact on the football field to justify giving him anything near that kind of money. He barely registers in the tackle column. He's a one trick pony seeking shire horse money. 

Pass.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Also from Yan:

...considers himself a top 3 pass rusher citing forced fumbles as major factor

... wants to be part of a culture that values winning

...stopped short of naming team he's interested in playing for but seeks good coaching and culture

...thankful for what Jags have done for him but time to move on

Thanks guys!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-07-2020, 02:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Also from Yan:

...considers himself a top 3 pass rusher citing forced fumbles as major factor

... wants to be part of a culture that values winning

...stopped short of naming team he's interested in playing for but seeks good coaching and culture

...thankful for what Jags have done for him but time to move on

So, again. Want to circle back to late last year and earlier this year. Khan asked the locker room about Marrone. The majority ruled in favor of him staying on as the coach. Coughlin was mostly blamed for all of the culture issues created in the locker room with the fines. He was promptly fired for it after everything came to light. Khan answered for that. 

So, again. Who is to be ultimately blamed for this [BLEEP] up? Because it IS a [BLEEP] up. I agree with Yawn. They should have figured out something last year. I think that's a fair point. Especially now with Ramsey, Campbell, Dareus & Bouye all off the roster to create more cap space. But I disagree with his belief that he's one of the top three pass rushers in the NFL. 

He needs to stop letting that PFF grade get to his head. He's not a great overall defensive end. And that's the primary concern. There's guys out there effecting the game in both aspects. Run and pass. I hope they eventually trade him. And I genuinely hope he gets exposed for his weaknesses. 

He'll thrive on the right team. Like he did that year when Campbell, Jackson and Dareus were eating up space and creating room for him to be a pass rusher. Anywhere else? I think he's going to struggle heavily. And if he was as good as he thinks he is? Teams would have pony'd up for the one trick pony by now. Just like they did for Ramsey.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-07-2020, 02:39 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

(04-07-2020, 02:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Can you follow up with notes? Work is getting in the way.

Thanks!!!!

Basically he said he's a douche. That he's one of the top three defensive end's in the NFL currently because of 14 career FF. And that it's a valuable statistic. He's still wanting to move on and be elsewhere because he's a douche. 

He also said we had a chance to resign him last year. Things fell off (Coughlin is gone, so, not sure what the issue is now) and that he's ready to start a new chapter. He's not worth top three defensive end money. 

He's good. Not great. He doesn't have a J.J Watt nor Khalil Mack like impact on the football field to justify giving him anything near that kind of money. He barely registers in the tackle column. He's a one trick pony seeking shire horse money. 

Pass.
Tell us how you really feel. Do you feel better calling him names now?

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2020, 03:20 PM by Caldrac.)

(04-07-2020, 02:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 02:39 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Basically he said he's a douche. That he's one of the top three defensive end's in the NFL currently because of 14 career FF. And that it's a valuable statistic. He's still wanting to move on and be elsewhere because he's a douche. 

Pass.
Tell us how you really feel. Do you feel better calling him names now?

It's not name calling. It's calling things as I see it. His behavior through social media warrants that label. He has an inflated ego and sense of value. Would it make you feel better if I called him "arrogant" instead?

(04-07-2020, 03:10 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 02:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Tell us how you really feel. Do you feel better calling him names now?

It's not name calling. It's calling things as I see it. He's behavior through social media warrants that label. He has an inflated ego and sense of value. Would it make you feel better if I called him "arrogant" instead?
Feel better? Nah.

You do you bud. But I’m just calling things as I see it... like you said.

Yannick Ngakoue wants to be part of winning culture

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...ng-culture

Jaguars pass-rusher Yannick Ngakoue wants to get out of Jacksonville and be part of a team that has a great culture and winning is a habit.