Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

What did he say on TV?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-11-2020, 07:17 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I guess I missed what he said on TV.

(04-11-2020, 09:49 PM)Newton Wrote: What did he say on TV?

I'll paraphrase a bit so I dont get banned, but he said things like: "thankful for what Jacksonville has done for him and his family", he wants to "help out in the community", and wants to be part of a "team with a winning culture".

I fully expect an indefinite suspension handed out for these heinous comments.

(04-11-2020, 11:37 PM)TearExtractor Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 07:17 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I guess I missed what he said on TV.

I'll paraphrase a bit so I dont get banned, but he said things like: "thankful for what Jacksonville has done for him and his family", he wants to "help out in the community", and wants to be part of a "team with a winning culture".

Wow lol. Didn’t know it was so serious hah

(04-11-2020, 11:37 PM)TearExtractor Wrote:

LOL
Your posts throughout this thread (and their subsequent whooshes) are great - and also the best argument for the board to feature a "sarc-font" option I've seen in a long time.

(04-11-2020, 09:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: If he stays, can’t wait to see some of you flip so quick lol

I wouldn't be opposed to him staying. My only beef is Why. So. Much. Drama. No one in the Jags organization, or its fan base, care to watch Ramsey Theater again. No one has sympathy for his woeful "feed my family" line or throwing shade on the team and insulting its fans. Yan just needs to shut up and deal. It's not difficult.

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2020, 12:04 PM by The Real Marty.)

I know he's always been pretty honorable, unlike Ramsey who faked an injury to get out of here.   But I still wonder, even if we manage to sign him, if maybe he could lose a little enthusiasm.   He's said so many things, and apparently he's so disgruntled, it's easy to imagine he'd sign and then he'd have that feeling nagging at him that he was treated unfairly, and then it's possible that could affect his play.  I dunno, I know it's a business, and Ngakoue has always played hard, but after all he's said, I just have a nagging feeling that he might not feel real good about being here even if we manage to sign him.

(04-12-2020, 12:03 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I know he's always been pretty honorable, unlike Ramsey who faked an injury to get out of here.   But I still wonder, even if we manage to sign him, if maybe he could lose a little enthusiasm.   He's said so many things, and apparently he's so disgruntled, it's easy to imagine he'd sign and then he'd have that feeling nagging at him that he was treated unfairly, and then it's possible that could affect his play.  I dunno, I know it's a business, and Ngakoue has always played hard, but after all he's said, I just have a nagging feeling that he might not feel real good about being here even if we manage to sign him.

I don't worry about the effort. I actually worry about his body breaking down. He's a smallish defensive end. Even though he's young, once the injury bug starts to hit he'll decline faster than Calais and Josh Allen. If the Jags draft Becton and he re-signs, he'd get plowed over in practice on a regular basis. Might have to start giving him veteran days off now.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Just trade him for a first next year and call it a day. If that’s available take it and run.

That would give us 3 first rounders next year. Ammunition to trade up (if needed) for Trevor Lawrence if he’s as good as people think he is.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(04-12-2020, 10:31 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 11:37 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: I'll paraphrase a bit so I dont get banned, but he said things like: "thankful for what Jacksonville has done for him and his family", he wants to "help out in the community", and wants to be part of a "team with a winning culture".

LOL
Your posts throughout this thread (and their subsequent whooshes) are great - and also the best argument for the board to feature a "sarc-font" option I've seen in a long time.

100% thought he was serious haha.

(04-12-2020, 07:08 PM)SuperJville Wrote: Just trade him for a first next year and call it a day. If that’s available take it and run.

That would give us 3 first rounders next year.  Ammunition to trade up (if needed) for Trevor Lawrence if he’s as good as people think he is.

Not sure i would go Trevor. Big game he melts. Showed that this past championship game. Couldn't hit the broad side of barn. If wasn't for him they might have won.

(04-12-2020, 07:08 PM)SuperJville Wrote: Just trade him for a first next year and call it a day. If that’s available take it and run.

That would give us 3 first rounders next year.  Ammunition to trade up (if needed) for Trevor Lawrence if he’s as good as people think he is.

I think we would all agree with that one!

(04-12-2020, 07:43 PM)uthill Wrote:

Not sure i would go Trevor. Big game he melts. Showed that this past championship game. Couldn't hit the broad side of barn. If wasn't for him they might have won.

He's lost like 2 games in his 80 or so games dating back to High School.  Lost 1 game in the last 2 years.  I wouldn't say he melts

Jaguars GM focused on draft not Ngakoue situation

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...-situation

Jacksonville Jaguars general manager Dave Caldwell told reporters the team is focused on the upcoming draft not Yannick Ngakoue who wants to be traded.

Yan for Jamal Adam's straight up

(04-17-2020, 12:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yan for Jamal Adam's straight up

Yes please. 

Dunno if the Jets would agree to that though.

Two strong safeties? Why?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(04-17-2020, 12:58 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:

It's not like Harrison has proved to be good, he is been average and has not been able to play a full season yet.

Adam's is like Eric Berry and can play either safely sport

Adam's could play either safety spot but even if you feel he couldn't you don't pass on Jamal Adam's because you have Harrison

(04-17-2020, 04:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 12:58 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Two strong safeties? Why?

Adam's could play either safety spot but even if you feel he couldn't you don't pass on Jamal Adam's because you have Harrison

Well I get that Adam's is the better safety of the two, but at what point do we let our players develop? D.J. Chark comes to mind
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.