Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2020, 04:26 PM by knarnn.)

(04-20-2020, 04:17 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: IMO this is stupid for yan to attempt to provoke the office in this manner. But i also don’t think the owners son/ a member of our front office should be engaging a player in a public arena. I don’t care what is said, let him stick his foot in his mouth and don’t respond.

I think the old saying goes “ never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you will experience.”

It isn’t helping anything. If he wants to act like the bigger/more mature side, pick up the phone and call him. this didn’t make his stock go up so there isn’t a winner in this. IMO The jags may have lost value in a player and the player may have extended his stay. Neither come out on top when they act like this.

The owner of an NFL club can do whatever he wants because he’s the owner. On the flip side the player can act out however he chooses, but at the end of the day....who does it hurt more? 

The jags DONT want to trade him and the more he acts out, the smaller the chances of him being traded gets as well.

Whoever is in Yan’s camp telling him that this is the way to go is really doing him a disservice right now. I know he’s already reached out to Ramsey - who’s probably having a gay ol time reading all of this on social media.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-20-2020, 04:24 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 04:17 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: IMO this is stupid for yan to attempt to provoke the office in this manner. But i also don’t think the owners son/ a member of our front office should be engaging a player in a public arena. I don’t care what is said, let him stick his foot in his mouth and don’t respond.

I think the old saying goes “ never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you will experience.”

It isn’t helping anything. If he wants to act like the bigger/more mature side, pick up the phone and call him. this didn’t make his stock go up so there isn’t a winner in this. IMO The jags may have lost value in a player and the player may have extended his stay. Neither come out on top when they act like this.

The owner of an NFL club can do whatever he wants because he’s the owner. On the flip side the player can act out however he chooses, but at the end of the day....who does it hurt more? 

The jags DONT want to trade him and the more he acts out, the smaller the chances of him being traded gets as well.

Whoever is in Yan’s camp telling him that this is the way to go is really doing him a disservice right now. I know he’s already reached out to Ramsey - who’s probably having a gay ol time reading all of this on social media.

I think the Jags do want to trade him at their compensation level
I think Yan's team has a trade ready to go but it has poor compensation.
I think the Jag's will continue to shop around until they feel they get fair compensation. Time is on the Jags' side.

Everyone knows the bridge is burned. He's not playing here again. He will get traded but the Jags have the luxury of being patient. Yan and his team are trying to speed it all up by being hostile.

(04-20-2020, 04:23 PM)jagshype Wrote:

Players with social media have entered the narrative building arena. Sports media builds narratives based on players social media.

Teams and owners no longer have that monopoly of controlling the media narrative.
Only way to get it back is to enter the social media arena.
Tony had to step up and defend and he did it well.
I guess that is where we see it differently. I don’t think entering these types of exchanges makes them a winner or in control. They already hold the keys to his career with his contract, why do they need to win a meaningless argument on social media? I also don’t think they need to regain a foothold on the social media side of things. At least not the front office. I just don’t think it yields a winner on either side. And given our recent history in the front office, I just don’t think it looks good. 

Maybe some fans will side with him, but do you think players around the league are looking at this positively? Some might say that doesn’t matter, but I think it does.

8:15am - Yan, "I cain't see how nuthin but a 3rd round pick three years from now been offered for me?!?!"

8:30am - Yan Twitter "I cain't believe Jags FO ain't jumped on the great deal offered for me!"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-20-2020, 04:38 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 04:23 PM)jagshype Wrote: Players with social media have entered the narrative building arena. Sports media builds narratives based on players social media.

Teams and owners no longer have that monopoly of controlling the media narrative.
Only way to get it back is to enter the social media arena.
Tony had to step up and defend and he did it well.
I guess that is where we see it differently. I don’t think entering these types of exchanges makes them a winner or in control. They already hold the keys to his career with his contract, why do they need to win a meaningless argument on social media? I also don’t think they need to regain a foothold on the social media side of things. At least not the front office. I just don’t think it yields a winner on either side. And given our recent history in the front office, I just don’t think it looks good. 

Maybe some fans will side with him, but do you think players around the league are looking at this positively? Some might say that doesn’t matter, but I think it does.

They don't need a foothold or even a strong position.
Just a position to not let it all be one sided.

Tony is someone that is continually interfacing with players, and its starting to look like he will take a more prominent role. Having a shot taken at him, rightly or wrongly, must be responded to appropriatly. Otherwise he does lose standing with players. Plus he got called out by name.

We could argue the contents of the respone but a response was necessary.

Yannick is being a complete Donkey. I thought he was cool but quickly have changed my mind.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(04-20-2020, 04:54 PM)jagshype Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 04:38 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: I guess that is where we see it differently. I don’t think entering these types of exchanges makes them a winner or in control. They already hold the keys to his career with his contract, why do they need to win a meaningless argument on social media? I also don’t think they need to regain a foothold on the social media side of things. At least not the front office. I just don’t think it yields a winner on either side. And given our recent history in the front office, I just don’t think it looks good. 

They don't need a foothold or even a strong position.

Tony is someone that is continually interfacing with players, and its starting to look like he will take a more prominent role. Having a shot taken at him, rightly or wrongly, must be responded to appropriatly. Otherwise he does lose standing with players. Plus he got called out by name.

None of this should be done publicly...zero.  He's lowering himself to the player's level by responding.  He gains absolutely nothing.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-20-2020, 02:11 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I done tried to tell you people Yan has the worst agent in sports. You do NOT hire a rapper owned firm to represent you.  Everybody knows that!

is his agent posting for him on the tweeterverse?

Nobody to blame but his own dumb self for acting the fool and expecting anyone to side with him.

(04-20-2020, 05:04 PM)Rico Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 04:54 PM)jagshype Wrote: They don't need a foothold or even a strong position.

None of this should be done publicly...zero.  He's lowering himself to the player's level by responding.  He gains absolutely nothing.

Absolutely it should be done private.

It changes when you name drop publicly.
If Yan continued his vagueness, Tony shouldn't publicly respond.
A level response is necessary when you target specifically

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2020, 05:11 PM by Hard_Eight.)

I would immediately suspend him and do whatever I could to make him miserable. [BLEEP] him. That fool had called my kid and co-owner a spoiled clown in public.... Tony should show him how spoiled he really could be. Fine his [BLEEP] at every chance, oh I'd be vicious.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(04-20-2020, 05:11 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: I would immediately suspend him and do whatever I could to make him miserable. [BLEEP] him. That fool had called my kid and co-owner a spoiled clown in public.... Tony should show him how spoiled he really could be. Fine his [BLEEP] at every chance, oh I'd be vicious.

@Mr. Coughlin, is that you?@

Big Grin

Wow. What a tool.

Tony also didn’t help his trade value, but I get it. Once someone bashed an organization for so long, perhaps it’s time to professionally tell them to [BLEEP] off. They’ve got a ton of draft capital even more would be nice. But if it’s that heated, I’d probably tell you to [BLEEP] off as well.

Keep Yan unless the right offer comes like Tony said. Let him sit the year if he wants and then tag him next year. He burned his own bridge so now let him drown in it

(04-20-2020, 05:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Keep Yan unless the right offer comes like Tony said.  Let him sit the year if he wants and then tag him next year.  He burned his own bridge so now let him drown in it

Agreed

(04-20-2020, 05:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Keep Yan unless the right offer comes like Tony said.  Let him sit the year if he wants and then tag him next year.  He burned his own bridge so now let him drown in it

This! Keep his sorry butt here unless we get a first for him. He’s turned into a big whining baby like Ramsey did. And now I’m laughing at Ramsey and his current situation lol. Soon time to laugh at Yan. They’ve turned out to be two peas in a pod.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

One thing is certain, Yan has the worst agent in football.

While I am so ready to see the news that he has been traded, I agree with Khan that the compensation must be right. I'm not sure if we get a 1 but I wouldn't budge for less than a 2. Here's to hoping we get a sweet offer during the draft. I just hope we don't have to play him anytime soon because he is acting like he absolutely hates Jax right now, lol. Oh and I never wish bad on anyone but I definitely hope it's not a playoff team.

Just like the majority of your ideas, this one is brilliant!

I’m actually quite impressed with Tony’s rebuttals.. maybe he may be able to run this team someday after all

Jr. and Yawnick exchanging barbs. Lol.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."