Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

(04-20-2020, 05:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 05:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Keep Yan unless the right offer comes like Tony said.  Let him sit the year if he wants and then tag him next year.  He burned his own bridge so now let him drown in it
Just like the majority of your ideas, this one is brilliant!

Thanks, looks like most agree.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-20-2020, 05:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 05:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Just like the majority of your ideas, this one is brilliant!

Thanks, looks like most agree.
I see who also agrees with you and it makes perfect sense.....

Tagging him twice does this franchise absolutely no good. How does it benefit the team? For real. How does it help?

(04-20-2020, 05:50 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Jr. and Yawnick exchanging barbs. Lol.

What are they saying??

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(04-20-2020, 05:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 05:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Thanks, looks like most agree.
I see who also agrees with you and it makes perfect sense.....

Tagging him twice does this franchise absolutely no good. How does it benefit the team? For real. How does it help?

It sends a message that no one person is over the team and you are not gonna come here after we were the one team that took a chance on him in the draft in the 3rd round and cry and pout and get your way.  Yan doesn't make the rules around here.

(04-20-2020, 06:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 05:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I see who also agrees with you and it makes perfect sense.....

It sends a message that no one person is over the team and you are not gonna come here after we were the one team that took a chance on him in the draft in the 3rd round and cry and pout and get your way.  Yan doesn't make the rules around here.
“Sends a message” hahaha suuuuuure. So it doesn’t help the team is what you’re saying. Got it.

Sounds an awful lot like the guy who got us into this mess.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2020, 06:17 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-20-2020, 06:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 06:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It sends a message that no one person is over the team and you are not gonna come here after we were the one team that took a chance on him in the draft in the 3rd round and cry and pout and get your way.  Yan doesn't make the rules around here.
“Sends a message” hahaha suuuuuure. So it doesn’t help the team is what you’re saying. Got it.

That will help the team in the long run.  You cant just let players wine and cry and get whatever they want or they will be trying to run the organization before you know it.  He can play if he wants or he can sit, its his decision.  His ego has gotten to big. If it were up to you Ramsey and Yan would be running this organization and they would be the 2 highest paid players in the league because you would of gave them a blank check

Keep him. Let him sit. He’ll lose $12-$15+M. His twitter exchange today was childish. [BLEEP] inmates trying to run the asylum.

Khan stand up to him. It’s your [BLEEP] team.

(04-20-2020, 06:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 06:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: “Sends a message” hahaha suuuuuure. So it doesn’t help the team is what you’re saying. Got it.

That will help the team in the long run.  You cant just let players wine and cry and get whatever they want or they will be trying to run the organization before you know it.  He can play if he wants or he can sit, its his decision.  His ego has gotten to big
He either should be a part of this organization or not. 

If you dislike Yan so much, why even keep him in the building? Just to say to other potential draftees and FA “Hey. Do it our way or look at this guy!”

I’m sure that would go over well with the rest of the league.

(04-20-2020, 03:21 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 02:55 PM)Russian Wrote: Wow this guy’s a [BLEEP]
Can you blame him? He did it the right way and when it came time to be rewarded he was disrespected. The calm way didn't work now he must try the Ramsey way. This is human nature. He's not getting any younger.

Are you Yan's agent's social media person? You should probably take Yan's phone away or change his password ASAP.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2020, 06:30 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-20-2020, 06:17 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 06:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That will help the team in the long run.  You cant just let players wine and cry and get whatever they want or they will be trying to run the organization before you know it.  He can play if he wants or he can sit, its his decision.  His ego has gotten to big
He either should be a part of this organization or not. 

If you dislike Yan so much, why even keep him in the building? Just to say to other potential draftees and FA “Hey. Do it our way or look at this guy!”

If it were up to you Ramsey and Yan would be running this organization and they would be the 2 highest paid players in the league because you would of gave them a blank check.  I don't dislike Yan that much I just think his agent cost him almost 40 mil  if he sits and Yans ego is so big he don't want to admit he made a mistake. Or it could be that Maryland education, not sure  Laughing

(04-20-2020, 06:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 06:17 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: He either should be a part of this organization or not. 

If it were up to you Ramsey and Yan would be running this organization and they would be the 2 highest paid players in the league because you would of gave them a blank check.  I don't dislike Yan that much I just think his agent cost him almost 40 mil  if he sits and Yans ego is so big he don't want to admit he made a mistake. Or it could be that Maryland education, not sure  Laughing
Judging by the grammar in your posts, that Maryland education must be better than the Florida one you have....

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2020, 06:48 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-20-2020, 06:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 06:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If it were up to you Ramsey and Yan would be running this organization and they would be the 2 highest paid players in the league because you would of gave them a blank check.  I don't dislike Yan that much I just think his agent cost him almost 40 mil  if he sits and Yans ego is so big he don't want to admit he made a mistake. Or it could be that Maryland education, not sure  Laughing
Judging by the grammar in your posts, that Maryland education must be better than the Florida one you have....

I went to Maryland.  I just decided to be a fan of a real team

(04-20-2020, 03:21 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 02:55 PM)Russian Wrote: Wow this guy’s a [BLEEP]
Can you blame him? He did it the right way and when it came time to be rewarded he was disrespected. The calm way didn't work now he must try the Ramsey way. This is human nature. He's not getting any younger. 
(04-20-2020, 03:06 PM)NCJag Wrote: Pretty sure the Rams are a dumpster fire waiting to happen:  They have no first round pics for the next 2 years, 30 million in dead cap money THIS year, and about 100 million in cap space locked up in FIVE players [Goff, Donald, Jalen, Cooks(gone) and Gurley (gone)].  Next year, 100 million is locked up in seven players, with Goff/Donald taking up almost 60 million.  Help isn't on the way and Donald isn't getting any younger.  The Niners and Seahawks are always tough and the Cards are only gonna get better with Murray having a year to grow and having Hopkins on the other side of Fitz for the year. They're gonna be LUCKY to finish 6-10

Matt Ryan won ONE more game than Minshew last year.  They've won 7 games each of the past 2 seasons.  Ditto with the Saints being tough and the Bucs coming to play with TB12, Evans, and Godwin.  You think the Falcons are gonna even sniff a WILDCARD?Granted, the Jags are a dumpster fire, but lets not act like the Rams/Falcons are steps away from the Super Bowl.

They made more money.  Thats about it.

Rams and Falcons are still in a better situation than this organization. Despite everything you said, being a Jaguar is bottom of the barrel. Everything above that is better by simple logic.

it wasn't the way that Ramsey did it that got him traded, it was the trade compensation

(04-20-2020, 06:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 06:17 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: He either should be a part of this organization or not. 

Dude has been exposed several times and still thinks he can talk, pretty funny. 

He is probably mad we already made fun of him in this thread.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2020, 06:57 PM by Newton.)

If we get a first or high second, then trade him. Otherwise, let him sit and learn

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2020, 07:00 PM by Cleatwood.)

(04-20-2020, 06:56 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 06:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If it were up to you Ramsey and Yan would be running this organization and they would be the 2 highest paid players in the league because you would of gave them a blank check.  I don't dislike Yan that much I just think his agent cost him almost 40 mil  if he sits and Yans ego is so big he don't want to admit he made a mistake. Or it could be that Maryland education, not sure  Laughing

Awww you still care about me?!

(04-20-2020, 06:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 06:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Judging by the grammar in your posts, that Maryland education must be better than the Florida one you have....

I went to Maryland.  I just decided to be a fan of a real team

(04-20-2020, 03:21 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Can you blame him? He did it the right way and when it came time to be rewarded he was disrespected. The calm way didn't work now he must try the Ramsey way. This is human nature. He's not getting any younger. 

Rams and Falcons are still in a better situation than this organization. Despite everything you said, being a Jaguar is bottom of the barrel. Everything above that is better by simple logic.

it wasn't the way that Ramsey did it that got him traded, it was the trade compensation
Highly doubtful you went to Maryland.

(04-20-2020, 06:56 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

I will have to say that you called it, Yan thought he was worth more than he really is and now he has let his ego get in the way.  But yeah, his feelings are hurt like they were with the Ramsey situation.  He thinks the players should be calling the shots

can the negative jags press please stopppp , it’s weighing on our fan base too much

(04-20-2020, 07:15 PM)MojoKing Wrote: can the negative jags press please stopppp , it’s weighing on our fan base too much

i'm so sports starved that i'm lovin' it

(04-20-2020, 07:15 PM)MojoKing Wrote: can the negative jags press please stopppp , it’s weighing on our fan base too much

I think if you factor in that Coughlin was used as the scapegoat. And ownership went out of its way for Ramsey last year? I don't think they're hurting too bad. 

Campbell and Bouye seemed to have no ill will or temper tantrums while they were delt this off season. Ngakoue's ego has now surpassed his actual talent level and market value. 

That's why the topic of compensation is coming up more and more frequently. I'll be glad when this sad, sad saga is put to rest. 

Praying like hell that Minshew takes an Armstrong like step for all mankind in 2020 and wins at least 9 games with all of this cancer cut out of the locker room. Thursday can't get here fast enough.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Yan's tweets may be a bit cathartic for him, but they aren't helping his cause to be traded by the team.

I still think the team could have handled the negotiations better, and had they done so, we may not be here now.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!