Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

IF Khan did indeed say that to yan, I could understand why he is upset. Twitter tantrums are not helping his cause. He overvalued himself so he is also partially to blame. The team holds all the cards. He either gets traded or he sits until he plays.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2020, 07:58 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...83808?s=19

looks like Yan heard from his agent, lmao

Nobody is going to want to play here now.. not that They already did I suppose

(04-20-2020, 07:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...83808?s=19

He is such a clown haha

(04-20-2020, 05:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Tagging him twice does this franchise absolutely no good. How does it benefit the team? For real. How does it help?

We must win the vindictive battle
We just must
Tag him and sit him on the bench, for two years
At the expense of winning
That'll show em

Remember, we have a status to uphold
We won most violations against players
After independent arbitration
The NFLPA dubiously advised players to be wary of the Jags when making FA decisions and such
You don't think even draft prospects heed that?

And we just won Twitter
Our co-owner can exchange words publically with a disgruntled, unintelligible player if needled into it
A diplomatic non-response could have been "what?"
Considering his name is not "Moe", and he hasn't been "hiding" 
By engaging with him, you gave him what he sought; acknowledgement
Moe got baited and easily fell for it
Resulting in the airing out of more dirty Jags laundry
Accessible to the world wide web
That'll show em
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2020, 08:43 PM by RealJagsFan.)

Looks like he is finally realizing the PR hit his stunt is causing. If he was a perennial pro bowler there would be no need to promise he'll play hard. If he were "elite" then teams might make decisions solely on his play and care less about character but he is not in that category. If he were elite then teams would probably be bidding on him. Instead they appear to be throwing out low ball offers.

(04-20-2020, 08:25 PM)BritJag Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 05:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Tagging him twice does this franchise absolutely no good. How does it benefit the team? For real. How does it help?

We must win the vindictive battle
We just must
Tag him and sit him on the bench, for two years
At the expense of winning
That'll show em

Remember, we have a status to uphold
We won most violations against players
After independent arbitration
The NFLPA dubiously advised players to be wary of the Jags when making FA decisions and such
You don't think even draft prospects heed that?

And we just won Twitter
Our co-owner can exchange words publically with a disgruntled, unintelligible player if needled into it
A diplomatic non-response could have been "what?"
Considering his name is not "Moe", and he hasn't been "hiding" 
By engaging with him, you gave him what he sought; acknowledgement
Moe got baited and easily fell for it
Resulting in the airing out of more dirty Jags laundry
Accessible to the world wide web
That'll show em

Meh, I respect your opinion but I don't feel Tony is the issue. Yan has been trying his best to keep himself in the headlines and so far it just hasn't worked how he wanted. Players will make decisions in the future based on their own negotiations and situations. Winning cures all. If the team doesn't find a way to win over the next few years then that will have the biggest impact on signing hot free agents. Plus you have to remember that Jax is not a very exciting city to choose to live for a young millionaire. That also has a huge impact.

Damage control from Yanni. Guess his agent finished dropping his new track and told him to shut up.

(04-20-2020, 08:42 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote: Meh, I respect your opinion but I don't feel Tony is the issue. Yan has been trying his best to keep himself in the headlines and so far it just hasn't worked how he wanted. Players will make decisions in the future based on their own negotiations and situations. Winning cures all. If the team doesn't find a way to win over the next few years then that will have the biggest impact on signing hot free agents. Plus you have to remember that Jax is not a very exciting city to choose to live for a young millionaire. That also has a huge impact.

I agree fully with you and don't think Khan is at all the issue. He merely allowed the disgruntled, unintelligible, attention hungry player more room to embarrass himself and ridicule the franchise, as he's been doing.  Written jestfully above.

So I have to ask. When Yan called out Tony Kahn, he said "@TonyKhan stop hiding moe."

Is "moe" a derogatory term or insult that I am just not aware of?

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2020, 09:22 PM by rpr52121.)

(04-20-2020, 04:36 PM)jagshype Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 04:24 PM)knarnn Wrote: The owner of an NFL club can do whatever he wants because he’s the owner. On the flip side the player can act out however he chooses, but at the end of the day....who does it hurt more? 

The jags DONT want to trade him and the more he acts out, the smaller the chances of him being traded gets as well.

Whoever is in Yan’s camp telling him that this is the way to go is really doing him a disservice right now. I know he’s already reached out to Ramsey - who’s probably having a gay ol time reading all of this on social media.

I think the Jags do want to trade him at their compensation level
I think Yan's team has a trade ready to go but it has poor compensation.
I think the Jag's will continue to shop around until they feel they get fair compensation. Time is on the Jags' side.

Everyone knows the bridge is burned. He's not playing here again. He will get traded but the Jags have the luxury of being patient. Yan and his team are trying to speed it all up by being hostile.

I get the feeling this is all Yan. No self-respecting agent would advocate going on a Twitter rant. Especially during a pandemic with millions out of work.

Especially, since Yan responds with "don't give me the speech", I think his agent is telling him the same thing Khan did.

Yan is just frustrated, but I don't understand why? There is huge global shutdown right now with no sports anywhere and few places to spend lavish money.
Is he that worried he is missing voluntary virtual workouts/meetings with his new team?
What exactly would he be splurging all that money on right now? N95 masks? Toilet paper?

All I'm seeing are boomers telling Yan to get off their lawn. It doesn't work that way anymore.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(04-20-2020, 09:29 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: All I'm seeing are boomers telling Yan to get off their lawn. It doesn't work that way anymore.

I'm not a boomer. I'm also not saying get off a lawn.

I'm saying know how the game (business side of NFL) is played, and don't be frustrated if it doesn't pan out exactly like you want or as as quickly as you want.

Basically what you are taught by playing the game of football....

Business negotiations aren't won by emotionally-charged gambits.

(04-20-2020, 09:11 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: So I have to ask. When Yan called out Tony Kahn, he said "@TonyKhan stop hiding moe."

Is "moe" a derogatory term or insult that I am just not aware of?

Not at all. Just a general name for a guy. City lingo, variations worldwide. In DMV you'll hear Joe, Moe, and so on. Parts of London used to use Sam. New York uses B, etc.

Yann bet on himself last year and it looks like he’s
Going to lose that bet.

Should’ve taken the 18m a year when they were
Offered to him.

Is he still with his agent that was advising him last year? If so, he needs
to part ways with his agent and then just hope for the best.

I still think we trade him before this time next week. Probably for a 2nd round pick or so.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

So it just clicked in his head that if he tweets like a spoiled teen then it doesn’t look good for his trade value

(04-20-2020, 07:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...83808?s=19

Unless we get a 1st round pick trade offer his future team is the Jaguars. So this is good news.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

tag him then give him the Dante Fowler pitch count. send him in on only passing downs

(04-20-2020, 11:05 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: tag him then give him the Dante Fowler pitch count. send him in on only passing downs

Screw that. You play him and don't let him off the field.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I don't actually have a problem with what Tony Khan said. He's 100% correct. Yan is completely acting like a moron. He's going full Antonio Brown.