Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

I tend to agree here, Rico. TK should get away from this before he says unintentionally something really stupid and the whole country jumps on it via PFT, Rapoport, et al. 

It's not a good look for the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Can't imagine we get anything significant in this years draft for Yan. Maybe someone is willing to part with a first next year and a third this year or something. He better be ready to play/ sit out under the tag.

On Yan, there's no way they should keep him and "let him rot" as has been suggested. "Sending a message" is just silly...a $15 million dollar message? That will go a long way toward rebuilding or...why not just cut him, send the $15 mill to the Jacksonville school system for books and supplies and leave the roster spot open.

Or maybe make him play every down, including special teams, and do the punting/kicking as well. Show the world his total value while we Tank for Trevor.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(04-21-2020, 09:41 AM)rufftime Wrote: Can't imagine we get anything significant in this years draft for Yan.  Maybe someone is willing to part with a first next year and a third this year or something.  He better be ready to play/ sit out under the tag.

At this point I imagine he will have a soft tissue injury if he is forced to be on the roster. Still get paid to not play.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(04-21-2020, 09:43 AM)PF* Wrote: On Yan, there's no way they should keep him and "let him rot" as has been suggested. "Sending a message" is just silly...a $15 million dollar message? That will go a long way toward rebuilding or...why not just cut him, send the $15 mill to the Jacksonville school system for books and supplies and leave the roster spot open.

Or maybe make him play every down, including special teams, and do the punting/kicking as well. Show the world his total value while we Tank for Trevor.

If he doesn't sign the tag it's a $0 message.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(04-21-2020, 09:45 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 09:41 AM)rufftime Wrote: Can't imagine we get anything significant in this years draft for Yan.  Maybe someone is willing to part with a first next year and a third this year or something.  He better be ready to play/ sit out under the tag.

At this point I imagine he will have a soft tissue injury if he is forced to be on the roster. Still get paid to not play.

He'll hire Ramsey's back Dr.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2020, 10:59 AM by TJBender.)

(04-20-2020, 03:03 PM)raptor6581 Wrote: From what I've seen, Yan is just throwing a temper tantrum and Khan is completely correct..... And handling it just fine. You can want to be traded all you want. But the fact is, you're a bag until the jags get what they want for you, or your contract runs out. Throwing a temper tantrum like this isn't going to speed the process up the week of the draft. I can only hope they trade him to a team that has little to no chance at making the playoffs, and hopefully they get a haul that drastically lowers that teams chances over the next few years, much like the rams/Ramsey deal. Certainly no reason to just hand him a winning team like he has claimed he wants.

All Ngakoue has to do is say, "I will not sign a new contract with that team," and they're off the table.

(04-21-2020, 08:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 09:29 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: All I'm seeing are boomers telling Yan to get off their lawn. It doesn't work that way anymore.

I believe Tony is a xennial, which isn't even a next door neighbor to a baby boomer.

The mis-characterization of generations is the biggest sin of the millennial generation, and that generation has A LOT of bad things going for it. Lack of originality and work ethic being the top 2.

Rolleyes

Sure...

Probably also another will be willing to give us a first for Fournette
Another team 2 first for Norwell, a second for Cam Robinson. Heck maybe a team is willing to give 2 first for Marrone too!  Laughing

(04-21-2020, 10:09 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Yannick Ngakoue and Tony Khan get into heated Twitter exchange

Ladies and Gentlemen, i present the 2020 Jacksonville Jaguars. Now cue the circus music.  Wallbash

The effort this team puts into sucking....

I love that Yan tried to call out Tony Khan and pretty much got owned. Made himself look foolish. He's definitely lowered his trade value which points to a game of chicken with the tag.
Likely going to see him wait til the last minute to sign the tag, then be hurt like Jalen.
If I'm the team though, I tie him up with the tag every year possible. See if he feels like sitting out football for more than one season. He'll be old news by 2020.

(04-21-2020, 11:53 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 10:09 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Yannick Ngakoue and Tony Khan get into heated Twitter exchange

Ladies and Gentlemen, i present the 2020 Jacksonville Jaguars. Now cue the circus music.  Wallbash

Tony Khan handled it well. I would put it on Ngakoue's shoulders. He's the one creating the atmosphere of unrest by attempting to be Ramsey 2.0, which the Khans will never allow to happen again. 

Ngakoue reminds of guys who say "I'm a full-grown man", not realizing that if you have to tell people you're a full-grown man, you're not a full-grown man.

(04-21-2020, 12:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 11:53 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Ladies and Gentlemen, i present the 2020 Jacksonville Jaguars. Now cue the circus music.  Wallbash

Tony Khan handled it well. I would put it on Ngakoue's shoulders. He's the one creating the atmosphere of unrest by attempting to be Ramsey 2.0, which the Khans will never allow to happen again. 

Ngakoue reminds of guys who say "I'm a full-grown man", not realizing that if you have to tell people you're a full-grown man, you're not a full-grown man.
At this point he is cutting of his nose despite his face. He knows he is at the point of no return, so he is just doubling down at this point.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-21-2020, 11:53 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Ladies and Gentlemen, i present the 2020 Jacksonville Jaguars. Now cue the circus music.  Wallbash

That’s about the long and the short of it. This and the “disrespect” card get thrown around WAY to much by gigantic man-babies.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(04-21-2020, 12:15 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 12:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Tony Khan handled it well. I would put it on Ngakoue's shoulders. He's the one creating the atmosphere of unrest by attempting to be Ramsey 2.0, which the Khans will never allow to happen again. 

At this point he is cutting of his nose despite his face. He knows he is at the point of no return, so he is just doubling down at this point.

Not realizing that he is undermining his own position, like a full-grown man would.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2020, 12:28 PM by JagFan81.)

Yep. Yan seems hell bent on getting out of here and seems ready to do what he has to to get out, even if it makes him look an idiot.

I will say though, why is Tony Khan getting involved? Your way to high up the chain too be getting in twitter fights. Text the guy or speak to his agent.

(04-21-2020, 12:26 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 12:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Tony Khan handled it well. I would put it on Ngakoue's shoulders. He's the one creating the atmosphere of unrest by attempting to be Ramsey 2.0, which the Khans will never allow to happen again. 

Yep. Yan seems hell bent on getting out of here and seems ready to do what he has to to get out, even if it makes him look an idiot.

I will say though, why is Tony Khan getting involved? Your way to high up the chain too be getting in twitter fights. Text the guy or speak to his agent.

Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

You know it is taking every ounce of might clown shoes Yanni has to not open up Twitter.

No movement on draft night will really set him off.

Tony Khan handled it well. I would put it on Ngakoue's shoulders. He's the one creating the atmosphere of unrest by attempting to be Ramsey 2.0, which the Khans will never allow to happen again

They'll happily let it happen again if it brings two first round picks. 

I mean, it already IS happening again, really.  It's just happening during the offseason and we just don't know the compensation yet. 

They'll probably get a 2nd for him eventually or some combination that equals roughly that amount of capital.

(04-21-2020, 12:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 12:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Tony Khan handled it well. I would put it on Ngakoue's shoulders. He's the one creating the atmosphere of unrest by attempting to be Ramsey 2.0, which the Khans will never allow to happen again

They'll happily let it happen again if it brings two first round picks. 

I mean, it already IS happening again, really.  It's just happening during the offseason and we just don't know the compensation yet. 

They'll probably get a 2nd for him eventually or some combination that equals roughly that amount of capital.

I'd take a 2nd and a 4th or 5th from a team at the top of the draft rounds for sure