Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

(04-21-2020, 09:20 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 09:07 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Buddy. If we compiled a list of everything you need to improve on, the board would implode.

Trad yan to 49ers for 2coned pick,and draft chase young.  that would be smart.

Do you mean the Redacteds?

Niners pick after us, so their chances at Young are infinitessimal.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

There were no winners in yesterday's Twitter exchange. Yan certainly hurt himself with prospective employers. I used to love the guy, admire his work ethic, his underdog-with-something-to-prove mentaility. None of that has been apparent in his social media posts.

At the same time, I can't help but remember that Yan represents one of the last pieces of that great 2017 defense. It's the ownership and front office that broke that defense up, first by extending Bortles' contract, then by being too generous to Foles.

I'm starting to think we may not be able to get a trade done after his childish outburst yesterday. Teams are not gonna want a public malcontent who also wants a big contract. He hurt our chances to trade him quite a bit yesterday and he only has himself to blame. With that said, the price is still firmly a 1st rounder and that won't change.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2020, 09:07 PM by rpr52121.)

(04-21-2020, 05:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm starting to think we may not be able to get a trade done after his childish outburst yesterday. Teams are not gonna want a public malcontent who also wants a big contract. He hurt our chances to trade him quite a bit yesterday and he only has himself to blame. With that said, the price is still firmly a 1st rounder and that won't change.

Clowney is still on the market and wants a similar money contract. No way a team gambles on Yannick when it will cost draft picks on top of that and they have to basically agree to a long term contract before we have any idea how (or if) the season will play out.

(04-21-2020, 05:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm starting to think we may not be able to get a trade done after his childish outburst yesterday. Teams are not gonna want a public malcontent who also wants a big contract. He hurt our chances to trade him quite a bit yesterday and he only has himself to blame. With that said, the price is still firmly a 1st rounder and that won't change.

Exactly. Then you get the other side, do teams think we will want him gone before the season starts and whatever off season activities actually go ahead this year and lower our price. Then its just a waiting game 

The most telling sign is weve been contacting teams and had no bites. Doesn't seem many teams in love with him to throw a 1st at him...yet.

(04-21-2020, 09:55 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:

Exactly. Then you get the other side, do teams think we will want him gone before the season starts and whatever off season activities actually go ahead this year and lower our price. Then its just a waiting game 

The most telling sign is weve been contacting teams and had no bites. Doesn't seem many teams in love with him to throw a 1st at him...yet.

Which leads to another question. Say the draft comes and goes, and still no takers. What then? Do we try to keep him, get him to play next year? Are we willing to trade--and wait for picks next year?
While it seems like a long shot, I'd actually prefer to have Yan - sans the crappy attitude--than a first-round draft pick.

Did Yan provide his feelings on a retired old, banged up TE getting traded for a 4th round pick and himself getting no trade offers?

(04-21-2020, 10:38 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Did Yan provide his feelings on a retired old, banged up TE getting traded for a 4th round pick and himself getting no trade offers?

Amen brother, finally someone with an iq equal to mine. This 100% proves Yan isnt worth even a fourth round pick. Both situations are exactly the same and its VERY obvious that Yan doesnt want to talk about this. Im still on the tag him 2 times but dont play him bandwagon, ive had enough of this nonsense from him.

(04-21-2020, 09:07 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:

Clowney is still on the market and wants a similar money contract. No way a team gambles on Yannick when it will cost draft picks on top of that and they have to basically agree to a long term contract before we have any idea how (or if) the season will play out.

...last I heard Clowney reduced his demands to practically half what Yann thinks he's worth.

He also didn't jump on social media to act a fool.

Gimme Clowney over this clown anyday.

#ScrewYawn
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

My hopes for a 1st round pick in return for Yan all but disappeared after his Twitter tirade. Hopefully someone will offer us a mid 2nd round pick.

If not, then you may as well just keep him and hope a better offer comes along in the coming months for a premium 2021 draft pick

Welp. Waiting for this to be dealt with already. Still slowly grabbing popcorn.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(04-22-2020, 11:20 AM)High Octane Wrote: My hopes for a 1st round pick in return for Yan all but disappeared after his Twitter tirade. Hopefully someone will offer us a mid 2nd round pick.

If not, then you may as well just keep him and hope a better offer comes along in the coming months for a premium 2021 draft pick

If we could get a second for him and then pick up Clowney on top of that, now that would be awesome. Smile
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(04-22-2020, 12:53 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 11:20 AM)High Octane Wrote: My hopes for a 1st round pick in return for Yan all but disappeared after his Twitter tirade. Hopefully someone will offer us a mid 2nd round pick.

If we could get a second for him and then pick up Clowney on top of that, now that would be awesome. Smile
Even I can’t argue with that.

Guys were in full tank mode. Minshew Magic will be in full force and we will win 4 or 5 games. We gotta get hit some homeruns in the draft and get this cap right.

Either way, Yan doesn’t matter bc no playoffs anyway. He ain’t worth no more than a 4th or Maaaayybbee a 3rd.

Yup.

There goes that

(04-20-2020, 02:25 PM)Jaxson Wrote: Yannick Ngakoue trade talks quiet with draft days away

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...-days-away

The Jaguars have had trade talks in regards to defensive end Yannick Ngakoue, but no offers, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported on Monday.

MERGE --- JUST WHAT WE NEED.  ANOTHER YANNICK THREAD

The yannick trade is complicated. I think Yannick overvalued his worth and I think the Jaguars have overvalued him a bit.

I don't know if teams will trade a 1st rounder to the jags because of the contract issues with Yannick. They have to trade a 1st round and break the bank for a player who is not a superstar? It's too much.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(04-22-2020, 08:30 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 09:07 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Clowney is still on the market and wants a similar money contract. No way a team gambles on Yannick when it will cost draft picks on top of that and they have to basically agree to a long term contract before we have any idea how (or if) the season will play out.

...last I heard Clowney reduced his demands to practically half what Yann thinks he's worth.

He also didn't jump on social media to act a fool.

Last I heard Clowney was asking for 17-18 million. Sure, before the 2019 season, Yan thought he was worth more than 19 million.

But since the season ended, Yan has basically kept saying he wants nothing to do with the Jags and that "amount of money is not an issue". I have not heard reports of Yan's actual asking price right now, but if it is still more than 19 million or twice that. He is crazy.

Have the Jags allows Yan's camp to talk to other teams already about contract negotiations? If they did, and other teams knew they already had a verbal agreement on a contract, maybe they would be more likely to pony up the Jags draft pick demands.

Calm before the storm. This is not a very good pass rushing DE class this year. After Chase Young the talent drops off like a cliff. Don't get the Epenesa and Chaisson hype. They might go mid first to bottom of the first.

I think on opening night you'll see Ngakoue traded to a team in need that's willing to part ways with a late RD1 or offer up a RD2 pick and future pick.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."