Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

(06-06-2020, 11:47 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Is it week 1 yet? The dog days of summer waiting for game 1. I will watch everygame again win or lose.

This has been a very dull offseason with no minicamps. Basically no news until August. Can anyone be surprised when a thread about nothing degenerates into a pissing contest?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Forget Yannick because Josh Allen is the man now
[Image: giphy.gif]

(06-17-2020, 07:49 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: Forget Yannick because Josh Allen is the man now
That’s where I am too my man.

Every time I think we might miss yan, I remember last years first round pick that fell to us. Honestly that was the beginning of the end for yan.

(06-17-2020, 06:28 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 07:49 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: Forget Yannick because Josh Allen is the man now
That’s where I am too my man.

Every time I think we might miss yan, I remember last years first round pick that fell to us. Honestly that was the beginning of the end for yan.

Why do people think we only need one pass rusher?  

We will miss Yannick Ngakoue if he doesn't play.

(06-17-2020, 07:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 06:28 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: That’s where I am too my man.

Chaisson happens to be a guy we have.... Who knows what he will become, but he certainly has the potential to be a decent replacement for Yann to pair with Allen ....

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2020, 12:17 AM by JagsorDie.)

I agree. And I understand where you are coming from. I’m not under the belief that We Are   is better with one top tier pass rush as opposed to two.

But I do believe there only room for one top PAID pass rusher on a team. I wouldn’t be surprised if Allen demands a top contract  once his rookie deal is complete. And I think him and yan basically play the same Role at the end position. This makes decision to let yan walk a little more bearable.

Couple that with the fact yan hasshown his [BLEEP] which made him sort of fall from graces with the fo and our fan base. And you have a pretty solid ticket into FA(after franchise tenders are exhausted.

It is like people forget about Freeny AND Mathis.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Always loved Yann, before we even drafted him I was pounding the table. Loved the pick. He’s one of those fun instances for me where I can frivolously point to his success and be like “Look! I was right!” (Cus there are PLENTY of examples of the other side of that coin).

That said, we have Allen, we have Chaisson, and we can only pay so much relative to value.

He’s also trying to extravagantly burn the bridge.

We’re not a Super Bowl team right now, if you don’t wanna be here, if you don’t wanna play for the guy next to you, if you’re that unhappy, IMO, better to let him go. Though obviously for reciprocal value. I don’t mean cut him, I’m just saying I don’t see his future being in Jacksonville unfortunately.

I think he stays. If the team sucks this year, maybe we get a new regime next year anyway (wishful thinking maybe). This regime needs to win now.

We will definitely miss Yan.
But we have another pass rusher, albeit another rookie who is more of a stand up rush backer...

But if Josh Allen can get Yan like production, which I think he proved as a rookie he can, then we just need some other guys like Chaisson, Smoot, Lynch and McCray to just not suck around him. Make a few plays here and there when Allen commands the extra attention or be just good enough that Allen can make the play.

Even still.... I think Yan is playing this year as a Jag or not playing at all. And I don't really think the latter helps him in his bid to get paid big bucks.

We're gonna miss Campbell more than Yan

(06-18-2020, 08:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 07:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Why do people think we only need one pass rusher?  

Campbell was by far the best player on this team.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(06-18-2020, 08:30 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 08:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We're gonna miss Campbell more than Yan

Campbell was by far the best player on this team.

He has been since he came here

(06-18-2020, 08:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 07:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Why do people think we only need one pass rusher?  

Well that’s because Yan isn’t gone soooo....

(06-18-2020, 10:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 08:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We're gonna miss Campbell more than Yan
Well that’s because Yan isn’t gone soooo....

So you're saying if Yan doesn't play, he isnt gone and we won't miss him? Gotcha!

(06-19-2020, 06:37 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 10:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Well that’s because Yan isn’t gone soooo....

So you're saying if Yan doesn't play, he isnt gone and we won't miss him? Gotcha!
I bet Yan plays.

Not understating how amazing Campbell was either. Just odd to bring up Campbell when we all know he’s better than Yan.

(06-19-2020, 07:14 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 06:37 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So you're saying if Yan doesn't play, he isnt gone and we won't miss him? Gotcha!
I bet Yan plays.

Not understating how amazing Campbell was either. Just odd to bring up Campbell when we all know he’s better than Yan.

WAS better than Yan.   Father Time is undefeated, you know.

(06-19-2020, 08:05 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 07:14 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I bet Yan plays.

WAS better than Yan.   Father Time is undefeated, you know.
He was better than Yan last year and I bet he will be better this year as well

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2020, 09:13 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(06-19-2020, 07:14 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 06:37 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So you're saying if Yan doesn't play, he isnt gone and we won't miss him? Gotcha!
I bet Yan plays.

You dont understand how good Campbell was? Have you watched the Jags games over the last few yeara?

The Yan impact vs Campbell impact is kind-of pointless.
Both of their performances contributed to one another's ability to affect the play.

You could make the case that Campbell may turn out to be tougher to replace because of his versatility.

But you could make a stronger case that Ngakoue would be a greater loss as he has several seasons of prime performance left in the tank.

They'll both be missed similarly regardless of how you lean in weighing their impact.

The Jaguars best hope right now is that Yan plays in 2020 and Chaisson is ready to step in when he is gone.
We also have to hope that Allen and various rotational guys pick up Campbell's "big end" work while a platoon of DTs can cover his impact on the inside.

It's a lot to ask.
I think this will be a good line in 2020 - but I don't expect a 2017 level performance by any means.