Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Joe Biden's America

So, let me see if I get this straight.... the SC says citizens were screwed by their state legislators and the remedy is to federally mandate the same provisions that screwed over the citizens. That's how your brain works?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-07-2021, 02:03 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: So, let me see if I get this straight.... the SC says citizens were screwed by their state legislators and the remedy is to federally mandate the same provisions that screwed over the citizens. That's how your brain works?

The solution is to federally mandate *the absence of* those provisions.  To actually enforce concise and compact district lines.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

There is more to that bill than just gerrymandering, dude.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2021, 08:26 PM by mikesez.)

(03-07-2021, 04:33 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: There is more to that bill than just gerrymandering, dude.

That's true.  I'm ambivalent about the rest.  The anti-gerrymandering provisions are simply *that* important.  
Florida at least has some rules already, most other states do not.
From 2002 to 2012, there were no rules.  The city of Winter Park (population 30,000) was divided into 3 US Congress districts.  You might think they were getting screwed, except, for most of that time, two of the three seats were won by residents of Winter Park, and the remaining one was a guy just outside Winter Park in Oviedo.  The old money in Winter Park rigged the game.  And it's so much easier now, the computers are faster.

[Image: 20210307-161232.jpg]

??????? Bizarre ????????

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2021, 08:24 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(03-08-2021, 04:59 PM)Jagwired Wrote: ??????? Bizarre ????????

Most people who learned civics only from their public high schools don't realize this thing is 1 heart beat away from being the leader of the free world.

The democrat "leaders" are all mentally unstable.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

What an embarrassment to humanity.

Whoops: Biden forgets the name of the Pentagon, as well as the name of his secretary of Defense, Lloyd Austin https://t.co/ZtcgHLBIAO

Yes the 46th president is a geriatric that people are placing way too much hope in, but that was true of the 45th also.
Like Lucky, I'd like to solve the problem of people placing so much hope on him. I'd like to curtail his powers and responsibilities. How can we do that?
Federal courts have to force the federal government to leave more things to the states, and Congress has to pass more specific laws that defer less to the President and his appointees.
How do we do that, practically?
We have to give Congress a mandate to act this way.
They need to feel free to break out of the two party framework and pass things by veto proof majorities.
How do we do that?
We make sure there are as many competitive seats in the House as possible. We ban partisan gerrymandering. We make it easier for new candidates to get started.

(03-08-2021, 10:24 PM)mikesez Wrote: Yes the 46th president is a geriatric that people are placing way too much hope in, but that was true of the 45th also.
Like Lucky, I'd like to solve the problem of people placing so much hope on him.  I'd like to curtail his powers and responsibilities.  How can we do that?
Federal courts have to force the federal government to leave more things to the states, and Congress has to pass more specific laws that defer less to the President and his appointees.
How do we do that, practically?
We have to give Congress a mandate to act this way.  
They need to feel free to break out of the two party framework and pass things by veto proof majorities.  
How do we do that?
We make sure there are as many competitive seats in the House as possible.  We ban partisan gerrymandering. We make it easier for new candidates to get started.

Would it kill you to put blank lines between paragraphs?

Even Joel's dogs had to find a way to get away from him.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/bidens-german...rity-guard

(03-08-2021, 04:59 PM)Jagwired Wrote: ??????? Bizarre ????????

She's referring to the democrat immigrant policy.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2021, 10:34 AM by Jagwired.)

(03-09-2021, 09:57 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Even Joel's dogs had to find a way to get away from him.

Yeah, even creepy child sniffing joe's dogs do not consider him alpha. The dogs can sense they are not supposed to be in that house.

[Image: 2cartoon.3.9.21.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]

(03-08-2021, 09:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What an embarrassment to humanity.

Whoops: Biden forgets the name of the Pentagon, as well as the name of his secretary of Defense, Lloyd Austin https://t.co/ZtcgHLBIAO

What do you expect? The man is older than God.

(03-09-2021, 09:57 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Even Joel's dogs had to find a way to get away from him.

Dude, don't joke about that. It's sad that these animals have to be away from their family. I'm a dog lover and I couldn't imagine living away from my dogs. It's a big stress on animals to relocate from a family home to an entirely new place with lots of strange people around and having to ride in elevators to get from place to place. Some smaller breeds of dogs take to it right away, because they were bred to be companion animals and are accustomed to "city life." Larger breeds of dogs like German Shepherds were originally bred for herding and protection. This kind of lifestyle is not really conducive to the breed, so there is a long period of adjustment that these dogs were not given. They were thrown into this new life. They are probably scared out of their minds, because their existence is thrown upside down and now they are separated from their family. I don't find this in any way funny or something to be celebrated, especially since the older of the two dogs is in the twilight of his life and now will probably die, separated from his family.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2021, 11:29 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Only Joe Biden can give German Shepards a bad image. This guy literally destroys everything he touches.

(03-09-2021, 11:21 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Dude, don't joke about that. It's sad that these animals have to be away from their family. I'm a dog lover and I couldn't imagine living away from my dogs. It's a big stress on animals to relocate from a family home to an entirely new place with lots of strange people around and having to ride in elevators to get from place to place. Some smaller breeds of dogs take to it right away, because they were bred to be companion animals and are accustomed to "city life." Larger breeds of dogs like German Shepherds were originally bred for herding and protection. This kind of lifestyle is not really conducive to the breed, so there is a long period of adjustment that these dogs were not given. They were thrown into this new life. They are probably scared out of their minds, because their existence is thrown upside down and now they are separated from their family. I don't find this in any way funny or something to be celebrated, especially since the older of the two dogs is in the twilight of his life and now will probably die, separated from his family.

I am a dog owner myself. Golden Retriever. This comes down to the Biden's being irresponsible dog owners and not fit to own that breed. Put the blame where it needs to be. It's not as if Joe spent time with them anyway. He probably abused them. The dogs are much happier in their new home, I can promise you that.

This is Joe Biden's America..

https://nypost.com/2021/03/06/ny-lawmake...rgartners/
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2021, 12:20 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-09-2021, 11:27 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Only Joe Biden can give German Shepards a bad image. This guy literally destroys everything he touches.

(03-09-2021, 11:21 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Dude, don't joke about that. It's sad that these animals have to be away from their family. I'm a dog lover and I couldn't imagine living away from my dogs. It's a big stress on animals to relocate from a family home to an entirely new place with lots of strange people around and having to ride in elevators to get from place to place. Some smaller breeds of dogs take to it right away, because they were bred to be companion animals and are accustomed to "city life." Larger breeds of dogs like German Shepherds were originally bred for herding and protection. This kind of lifestyle is not really conducive to the breed, so there is a long period of adjustment that these dogs were not given. They were thrown into this new life. They are probably scared out of their minds, because their existence is thrown upside down and now they are separated from their family. I don't find this in any way funny or something to be celebrated, especially since the older of the two dogs is in the twilight of his life and now will probably die, separated from his family.

I am a dog owner myself. Golden Retriever. This comes down to the Biden's being irresponsible dog owners and not fit to own that breed. Put the blame where it needs to be. It's not as if Joe spent time with them anyway. He probably abused them. The dogs are much happier in their new home, I can promise you that.

Proof?????? At least he owns dogs. The last president was too selfish to even want a dog around, because it would take other people's attention away from him. That's probably why his kids now go around the world murdering endangered species for sport. All I am saying is that this is not a funny situation at all.