Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(05-01-2021, 01:31 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 01:30 PM)Ronster Wrote: Tebow!! (Sucks) Tebow!! (Sucks) Tebow!! (Sucks)

I smell a boycott..

That would actually be your upper lip
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-01-2021, 01:32 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 01:31 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I smell a boycott..

That would actually be your upper lip

Awwwwww don't be like that, sweet cheeks.. I'm sure you can make a quick sign and stand in front of the Jags statue.. Maybe you'll get on TV..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Can you imagine how the crowd would lose their minds when Tebow ran out on the field?? It would be great!

Seriously, if he could earn a roster spot, there would be no better feel good story.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Sorry guys, I keep logging on to see if/when Tebow gets signed. I love a good underdog story. Tebow is even more so an underdog now, so his chances are even more slim. I'm very curious to see what kind of shape he is in now. And, if he has done any preparation for this move, low key.

Also, he's an older dude (like me), so I love to see an older guy, like Tom Brady, still making plays. And no, I'm not saying that Tebow is Tom Brady.

I feel like Urban has a lot of respect for Tebow, and is willing to give him a shot if Tebow is even a possibility. It's obvious, aside from getting Ertz, than there might not be any great options left at acquiring a TE, so I think there is nothing to lose at signing him now and seeing what happens. For the record, I don't actually think he makes it in the long run, but I would love to see him exceed my expectations.

Unlike some on this board I don't worship at the feet of Timmy.  Having said that if he is given the chance and he makes the team based on his talents and production then I'm behind him 100%.

I desperately hated him as possibly a QB for my team. I was in NYC when the trade to the Jets OR Jags was going on. Ugh.

He should have switched to TE years ago. He'd likely still be balling.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 03:58 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

If he is signed because he can actually play the position, I’m ok with it. But he’s never played the position, never ran routes, never blocked a defensive end or linebacker. I think it’s just a pipe dream....
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(04-30-2021, 12:29 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 12:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Attitudes like what? Challenging ignorant broad brush statements?

So... you have no clue how much money he's made off the ignorance of our fair city?

Did he personally do you wrong? If not, who cares? I'm not a Tebow fan and was glad he didn't darken the door of our stadium. Too much of a lightning rod for my taste, but I have no ill will toward him.

The amount of you that hate Tebow far outweighs those who like him. It really worries me about the state of our society though, I mean, what has Tebow done to warrant hate? He has won at every level, sends a nice message (religious or not) and really seems humble.

(05-02-2021, 06:30 PM)JaguarWC Wrote: The amount of you that hate Tebow far outweighs those who like him.  It really worries me about the state of our society though, I mean, what has Tebow done to warrant hate?  He has won at every level, sends a nice message (religious or not) and really seems humble.

Because he needs to hang em up! He was hard headed and wanted to play QB. Then he had to go play baseball. Now he’s trying to use Urban Meyer to come back to play TE.

He also turned the Jags down in order to play in New York, so that lime light could shine even brighter. But he found himself on the punt team lol.

That’s why.

(04-29-2021, 03:58 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: He had a chance to play here. Denver wanted to trade him and he had two suitors--the Jags were one of them, the Jets were the other. He rejected the Jags.

more the coach

(05-02-2021, 06:30 PM)JaguarWC Wrote: The amount of you that hate Tebow far outweighs those who like him.  It really worries me about the state of our society though, I mean, what has Tebow done to warrant hate?  He has won at every level, sends a nice message (religious or not) and really seems humble.
He can’t stand being out of the spotlight.

I think this is a “hey look at me” type of move. Could have said he wanted to comeback months ago but chose to let it “leak” on the day Trevor gets drafted? Seems shady.

Urban called Tebow to ask him if he woyld be interested in being a Special Assistant. Thought he woulkd be a positive in the locker room. Tebow thought he was calling to ask him to play QBand before Meyer could speak he said, "Coach, I've been working out and I'm ready." Meyer had to let him down easy.
Tebow then called Meyer back and asked for a tryout as a TE.

(05-02-2021, 08:30 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Urban called Tebow to ask him if he woyld be interested in being a Special Assistant.  Thought he woulkd be a positive in the locker room.  Tebow thought he was calling to ask him to play QBand before Meyer could speak he said, "Coach, I've been working out and I'm ready."  Meyer had to let him down easy.
Tebow then called Meyer back and asked for a tryout as a TE.

Lol, at trying to divide Urban and Tebow.
They are one and the same. This is all orchestrated by them.

It was no coincidence that Tebow just up and gave up on his baseball career and moved back to Jacksonville the minute Urban became coach.

(05-02-2021, 02:21 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: I desperately hated him as possibly a QB for my team. I was in NYC when the trade to the Jets OR Jags was going on. Ugh.

Yeah he's making the transition way to late. I guess if he gets a shot more power to him but if he somehow makes the team it seems like the hype would be distracting.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(05-04-2021, 03:11 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 02:21 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: I desperately hated him as possibly a QB for my team. I was in NYC when the trade to the Jets OR Jags was going on. Ugh.

Yeah he's making the transition way to late. I guess if he gets a shot more power to him but if he somehow makes the team it seems like the hype would be distracting.

Which is THE reason I never wanted him here in the first place. There are people whose panties get in a wad because he's outspoken about his faith and they're nasty about it. The media hype doesn't help. Plus, he just wasn't a good NFL QB. 

I just want to enjoy football without having to dodge the hate and discontent of the Tebow haters and read/hear the incessant worship of his rabid fans.

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2021, 04:47 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(05-02-2021, 05:18 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 12:29 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: So... you have no clue how much money he's made off the ignorance of our fair city?

Did he personally do you wrong? If not, who cares? I'm not a Tebow fan and was glad he didn't darken the door of our stadium. Too much of a lightning rod for my taste, but I have no ill will toward him.

Nah, I just knew all about him in HS (when I was in my 20s I managed a store and hired a lot of Nease kids) and I knew his parents myself and they all suck.

Weight training is not a legitimate class to allow you to play High School football in my opinion.. he's never experienced anything real - he's always been sheltered. It just sucks people pay hundreds of dollars to hear someone like him talk.

EDIT: And like everyone else said at the outset... he needs to be in the spotlight. He's an attention whore - that's just who he is. It's sad his followers can't connect the dots.... Trevor Lawrence draft day? Better release a rumor I'm FINALLY converting to a position I MIGHT (he can't) play.

(05-04-2021, 04:38 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 05:18 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Did he personally do you wrong? If not, who cares? I'm not a Tebow fan and was glad he didn't darken the door of our stadium. Too much of a lightning rod for my taste, but I have no ill will toward him.

Nah, I just knew all about him in HS (when I was in my 20s I managed a store and hired a lot of Nease kids) and I knew his parents myself and they all suck.

Weight training is not a legitimate class to allow you to play High School football in my opinion.. he's never experienced anything real - he's always been sheltered. It just sucks people pay hundreds of dollars to hear someone like him talk.

That's on them, not on him. And if they actually get something positive out of it, who cares. There are way worse people than him who people want to listen to.

Tebow has never ran a route. He’s never blocked a DE. He’s never caught a professional pass. This is all for show.

—Shannon Sharpe

(05-04-2021, 06:53 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Tebow has never ran a route. He’s never blocked a DE. He’s never caught a professional pass. This is all for show.

—Shannon Sharpe

As much as I detest agreeing with Shannon Sharpe, I agree.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.