Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

You guys are falling for it, with the "but, but, but, Tebow can't play tight end"

Urban will then counter by bringing Tebow onto the roster as a Goal Line and short yardage wildcat QB/fullback.
Given Tebow's 2 National Championship he instills the winning culture that Urban wants.
And they're friends. Just like Travis Etienne and Trevor.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-05-2021, 01:07 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: You guys are falling for it, with the "but, but, but, Tebow can't play tight end"

Urban will then counter by bringing Tebow onto the roster as a Goal Line and short yardage wildcat QB/fullback.
Given Tebow's 2 National Championship he instills the winning culture that Urban wants.
And they're friends. Just like Travis Etienne and Trevor.

So... nepotism?

No way to run a franchise... especially as a newbie to the PROFESSIONAL ranks.

It’s really easy to see who the Gator/Tebow fan boys are......

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2021, 09:07 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Wife's pretty hot

[Image: Tim-Tebow-John-Hafner-1500x1200.jpg]

Are those track marks?

Timmy got a heroine problem lol
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

I wish I had done the work to look like Timmie. Who am I kidding that wasn't happening.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(05-05-2021, 01:06 PM)scottyg Wrote: It's a shame Tebow didn't agree to the position switch a long time ago. He very possibly could have had a solid NFL career as a TE.

This has been my take for awhile. I never liked him as a pro QB and I would prefer to avoid the clown car that follows him around. However, he was a great athlete and I think he could have made the switch successfully.

Unfortunately for him, he went another direction. Tebow's ship has sailed at this point. Let's move on and avoid this distraction.

In his prime he ran a 4.71 40.

That's super slow for TEs... its even slower than Hayden Hurst.

TLAW AND THE SAINT? TELL ME JAGS ARE TRYING TO GET BETTER AND NOT MORE OF A CIRCUS!?!

If it was to play fullback i wouldnt mind it. But i cant see him being a good te

(05-05-2021, 02:33 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Are those track marks?

Timmy got a heroine problem lol

I didn’t even know Tebow was in that picture.  I had to go back and look.  It took a while, but I finally found him, haha.

I know people on here love to be negative and contrarian to everything the Jags do, but what harm is there exactly in bringing him in for training camp. Even is it’s to see what he can do as a TE, and to bring a buzz, a winning, positive feeling to the team?

Can’t see any downsides. He’s not even guaranteed to make the 53 man roster, so why are people freaking out??

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2021, 06:29 PM by Eric1.)

(05-05-2021, 05:07 PM)Ordar Wrote: I know people on here love to be negative and contrarian to everything the Jags do, but what harm is there exactly in bringing him in for training camp. Even is it’s to see what he can do as a TE, and to bring a buzz, a winning, positive feeling to the team?

Can’t see any downsides. He’s not even guaranteed to make the 53 man roster, so why are people freaking out??

Because it's a waste of a roster spot? Dude will never make the 53 man roster and if he does, we have serious problems.

Give that roster spot to some 21, or 22 year guy who has actually played TE before in his life. Not some 33 year old has been who has never played the position.

It's likely the 21/22 year old doesn't make the 53 either, but at least let him live his dreams and give him a shot. Tebow had his shot already and he quit. He should have changed to TE 10 years ago if he wanted a chance to stay in the NFL.

(05-05-2021, 05:07 PM)Ordar Wrote: I know people on here love to be negative and contrarian to everything the Jags do, but what harm is there exactly in bringing him in for training camp. Even is it’s to see what he can do as a TE, and to bring a buzz, a winning, positive feeling to the team?

What evidence is there that he would make a good TE?

Serious question. If this is legit, what’s the evidence? He’s not fast, he can’t block, he can’t run routes and who knows if he can catch.

(05-05-2021, 06:51 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

What evidence is there that he would make a good TE?

Serious question. If this is legit, what’s the evidence? He’s not fast, he can’t block, he can’t run routes and who knows if he can catch.
I’ve never seen him play TE. So who knows. They worked him out, so there must be something there if they sign him. Whether it’s enough to make the roster who knows. But my point is, what does it matter at this stage?

(05-05-2021, 06:58 PM)Ordar Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 06:51 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: What evidence is there that he would make a good TE?

I’ve never seen him play TE. So who knows. They worked him out, so there must be something there if they sign him. Whether it’s enough to make the roster who knows. But my point is, what does it matter at this stage?
Because for me, he’s not getting a workout due to his actual skill. He’s getting it because his friend is the coach.

And I think that sends a poor message.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2021, 07:11 PM by TLawIsEnforced.)

(05-05-2021, 07:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 06:58 PM)Ordar Wrote: I’ve never seen him play TE. So who knows. They worked him out, so there must be something there if they sign him. Whether it’s enough to make the roster who knows. But my point is, what does it matter at this stage?
Because for me, he’s not getting a workout due to his actual skill. He’s getting it because his friend is the coach.

Are we Jags fans doomed to the joke of the whole NFL city and fan-base like due to the front office antics of the Jags???
The panic in this thread(count me in lol) is astounding...

(05-05-2021, 07:10 PM)TLawIsEnforced Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 07:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Because for me, he’s not getting a workout due to his actual skill. He’s getting it because his friend is the coach.

Are we Jags fans doomed to the joke of the whole NFL city and fan-base like due to the front office antics of the Jags???
The panic in this thread(count me in lol) is astounding...
Don’t get me wrong. I still think the arrow is pointing up with this team. The QB and offensive skill players will carry this team and I like the direction.

This is legit my only gripe. I think it’s for show and not because Tebow earned the right to compete at a position he has no business playing.

I'm just amazed this thread has 9 pages and all we did was give a guy a tryout. Seriously, how does that negatively effect this team at all? It was a tryout.

(05-05-2021, 06:28 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

Because it's a waste of a roster spot? Dude will never make the 53 man roster and if he does, we have serious problems.

Give that roster spot to some 21, or 22 year guy who has actually played TE before in his life. Not some 33 year old has been who has never played the position.

It's likely the 21/22 year old doesn't make the 53 either, but at least let him live his dreams and give him a shot. Tebow had his shot already and he quit. He should have changed to TE 10 years ago if he wanted a chance to stay in the NFL.

This.

Not sure what this team did to be saddled with Tebow.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!