Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(05-10-2021, 02:19 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 02:16 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Is that definite? The Floria article on NBC posted this AM only says it "could still happen". I wish the guy would just retire with his dignity still somewhat intact.

And that goes for Tebow too, lol.

Came across my phone as breaking news from both NFL.com and ESPN.com

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication...e.amp.html

Yeah, I just got a notification myself.  I don't even want to think about the amount of [BLEEP] I'm going to take for this from my friends in other states.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-10-2021, 02:31 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 02:19 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Came across my phone as breaking news from both NFL.com and ESPN.com

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication...e.amp.html

Yeah, I just got a notification myself.  I don't even want to think about the amount of [BLEEP] I'm going to take for this from my friends in other states.

lololol i hear ya
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Well, Meyer is officially a moron.

Queue the salty tears. They are delicious, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Current WFT TE Logan Thomas comes to mind as a TE who started his NFL career as a QB to eventually becoming a high quality TE.

An enormous difference between Logan Thomas and situation with Tim Tebow is Thomas began the transition process a few months before his 26th birthday. Tebow is beginning the process a few months before his 34th birthday. As strong willed as Tebow is, time is working against him.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 02:51 PM by RicoTx.)

(05-10-2021, 02:35 PM)Dimson Wrote: Queue the salty tears. They are delicious, lol.

Tears?  Pffft.  I'm more embarrassed than anything from the harassment I'll endure from knowledgeable NFL fans.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 02:52 PM by rpr52121.)

[Image: giphy.gif]

Hope it is at least all non guaranteed, and cheap as possible.

(05-10-2021, 02:45 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 02:35 PM)Dimson Wrote: Queue the salty tears. They are delicious, lol.

Tears?  Pffft.  I'm more embarrassed than anything from the harassment I'll endure from knowledgeable NFL fans.

So what? You are a Jaguar fan, you should be used to it by now. Give him a shot, he might surprise some people.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 02:59 PM by Talented Kalamari.)

Love this move. Great team move, great business move

I don’t think you guys understand. He’s obviously bringing in guys like Carlos Hyde and Tebow for a reason. And it’s not because they’re great players. They will help sell the team on the Urban Meyer Way.

(05-10-2021, 02:53 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 02:45 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Tears?  Pffft.  I'm more embarrassed than anything from the harassment I'll endure from knowledgeable NFL fans.

So what? You are a Jaguar fan, you should be used to it by now. Give him a shot, he might surprise some people.
Lol

So easy to spot the Gator homers.

(05-10-2021, 03:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 02:53 PM)Dimson Wrote: So what? You are a Jaguar fan, you should be used to it by now. Give him a shot, he might surprise some people.
Lol

I don't care what college he played for. People are writing him off without seeing him play a down. I didn't want him when he was a QB, but as TE, he could do some things for the team. If he is a dud, you cut him, no harm, no foul.

Seems like a really bad decision. Tebow is going to be 34 and has never played Tight End before. I mean we're not giving up much for it, but surely there's a free agent TE out there that could do better. Trey Burton's still available. Jake Butt is available. I know how this team loves its funny names! Heck, we could convert one of our many WR's into a TE. Just feels like this is a favor for someone he likes, which makes the Luke Farrell pick look worse. Also feels like a huge publicity grab when we've got Trevor Lawrence.

I think we will look up in a few years and wonder how we managed to squander Lawrence’s rookie deal.

Indulging a college minded coach and giving him full roster control will be a huge reason.

Hopefully Urban is playing 5D chess, but I think he has no clue personally.

Let's face facts here. This will probably be an UM signing, simply because Meyer likes him. On the other hand, reports are saying that Tebow had (multiple) tryouts for the Jags at the TE position. It's quite possible that Tebow showed something during those workouts and try outs that grabbed the attention of Meyer and co..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

With Farrell and Tebow welcome to the Urban and friends position group lol

This is nice to hear. I'm already hearing some big tebow fans saying they will watch the jags this year. All aboard the bandwagon. Also, who ever thinks this a problem for t-law is simply dead wrong. Stop worrying so much

(05-10-2021, 03:02 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 03:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol

I don't care what college he played for. People are writing him off without seeing him play a down. I didn't want him when he was a QB, but as TE, he could do some things for the team. If he is a dud, you cut him, no harm, no foul.

Yep I share those thoughts. I don't like any UF players and thought he was a RB playing QB in a gimmick offense. He doesn't have years on his body, so age may not be that bad. He could work out and if not, he should show everyone on the team how to workout and put the effort in. Hopefully he at least gives the team that much.

(05-10-2021, 03:09 PM)rufftime Wrote: I think we will look up in a few years and wonder how we managed to squander Lawrence’s rookie deal.

Indulging a college minded coach and giving him full roster control will be a huge reason.

Hopefully Urban is playing 5D chess, but I think he has no clue personally.

This is exactly what I expect to happen.  I have been against hiring Urban from the start.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 03:17 PM by TLawIsEnforced.)

Reading elsewhere that Tebow actually signed a deal with the Jaguars, more rumor or did it really happen?

Edt: Are we more of a laughingstock now or not?
Also, should I be scared as you-know-what for Trevor Lawrence's NFL career already doomed?