Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(05-10-2021, 05:04 PM)jaglyn Wrote: This is nothing but a publicity stunt to increase media attention and sales. Khan and Lamping making up for revenue lost due to cancellation of London games.

You should know better by now that this organization will do anything if it means making more money

Hey, if Tebow sold enough game tickets to keep the Jags out of London, then sign him to a 10 year contract..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lets go Jay Jay's , lets Go!!
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Unless he makes the final roster, it doesn’t really mean anything. He’ll be on a veteran minimum contract. Who cares really if they bring him in or not

Nepotism at its finest. Meyer will pump us the retirement savings of a few chosen close friends. Heck, he may as well employee the wife and kids too.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 05:20 PM by Jagulars.)

Reporter: Coach, how do you feel having Tebow back?
Meyer: ....Timmay!
Reporter: One quick question, do you feel he will have a legitimate shot at making the 53?
Meyer: ....Timmay!

(05-10-2021, 04:39 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Why is everyone so opposed to him playing TE? We are trash at TE and can use any help. Its not like there are any quality TEs available on the market at the moment. So what's wrong with this hail mary? It isn't like it costs us much, if anything.

Because playing in the NFL is not easy and he is very likely not in football shape. This is a PR move through and through. The dude couldn't play when he was in his 20s, what makes you think he can do it now, while also switching to a new position? It would take a miracle for Tim to even make the team, even with our TE situation.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 05:24 PM by SamusAranX.)

(05-10-2021, 04:15 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Imagine trading away a 24 year old TE who had potential (Josh Oliver) for peanuts, only so you could sign a 34 year old has been who has never played the position before and hasn't played football in nearly 10 years.

God we better hope Trevor is the real deal.

Oh I see the narrative has shifted. Oliver is a bust when he's traded, but conveniently not a bust now.

I know you actually were scratching your head at the Oliver trade, but others were for it.

(05-10-2021, 04:48 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: Tim Tebow gets a opportunity at tight end because of his relationship with the head coach and yet, Colin Kaepernick continue to be blackballed because he stood up for black people. Racism at its finest

Can someone really be this dense? I guess they can... Wait, this is satire, right?

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 05:26 PM by SamusAranX.)

(05-10-2021, 04:39 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Why is everyone so opposed to him playing TE? We are trash at TE and can use any help. Its not like there are any quality TEs available on the market at the moment. So what's wrong with this hail mary? It isn't like it costs us much, if anything.

Exactly. 

if they signed him to a 3 year, 10 mil contract, I would be grabbing a pitchfork too. This is literally a hail mary at end of half. No risk at all, and if it works out it's peanuts

(05-10-2021, 04:49 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 02:26 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Low risk, high reward potential.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yeah, 33 year old dude who has never played TE xD

My statement is objectionably true. Your's is just your normal shtick.

(05-10-2021, 05:22 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 04:15 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Imagine trading away a 24 year old TE who had potential (Josh Oliver) for peanuts, only so you could sign a 34 year old has been who has never played the position before and hasn't played football in nearly 10 years.

Oh I see the narrative has shifted. Oliver is a bust when he's traded, but conveniently not a bust now.

I know you actually were scratching your head at the Oliver trade, but others were for it.
Oliver is a bust and yet he’s still a better option than Tebow.

(05-10-2021, 05:01 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

Why not just bring back Tyler Eifert then? He's 30, actually plays the position and played just this past season. He wouldn't cost us much of anything and he's better than Tebow will EVER be.

This is nothing more than a buddy hire from Urban and it's embarrassing. This move will not make this team any better. I can't imagine what the actual players on this team are saying to each other behind closed doors about this stupid signing. I wonder how our TE room feels.. Knowing your HC thinks you guys are so bad that he has to bring in Tebow for help LOL.

This actually isn't a bad idea when you consider it at face value, dude probably has a little left and is a far better receiving option than Tebow could even dream of being. I think he's still a FA too.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 05:33 PM by SamusAranX.)

(05-10-2021, 05:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 05:22 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Oh I see the narrative has shifted. Oliver is a bust when he's traded, but conveniently not a bust now.

Oliver is a bust and yet he’s still a better option than Tebow.

How so? you have no objective proof of your latter statement; Oliver has not shown any promise even when on the field. If he had a few lightning games, sure. But neither is there any proof that Tebow will be good or bad. we don't know. It's literally a flyer, a cheap one at that. Don't like the signing? Sure. But the incessant whining is comical, because even if Tebow gets 300 yards and 2 TD's this season, he will already have more production then Oliver in multiple seasons, and nobody is giving any chance to any of this staff. Hopefully one Meter is fired we hire you to really turn this franchise around!

This is well known but I'll post it anyway

"Jaguars legend Fred Taylor weighs in on Trevor Lawrence; says Tim Tebow never got a 'fair shot' as an NFL QB" https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jagua...fl-qb/amp/

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 05:33 PM by SamusAranX.)

(05-10-2021, 05:29 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 05:01 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Why not just bring back Tyler Eifert then? He's 30, actually plays the position and played just this past season. He wouldn't cost us much of anything and he's better than Tebow will EVER be.

This is nothing more than a buddy hire from Urban and it's embarrassing. This move will not make this team any better. I can't imagine what the actual players on this team are saying to each other behind closed doors about this stupid signing. I wonder how our TE room feels.. Knowing your HC thinks you guys are so bad that he has to bring in Tebow for help LOL.

This actually isn't a bad idea when you consider it at face value, dude probably has a little left and is a far better receiving option than Tebow could even dream of being. I think he's still a FA too.

Eifert is injury prone. I do agree we should bring him back however.

He's been hurt, idk who would consider him a bust yet. Unless you consider health an immediate reason for bust status in year 2... We will get to see this year if he is or not, this will be his 3rd season as a player in an offense that he should be able to produce in. I find it a little odd we'd dump the guy for being hurt when it was his QB who left him out to dry on 1 of them but that's why im not paid big $ to run a team.

(05-10-2021, 05:35 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 05:22 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Oh I see the narrative has shifted. Oliver is a bust when he's traded, but conveniently not a bust now.

He's been hurt, idk who would consider him a bust yet. Unless you consider health an immediate reason for bust status in year 2... We will get to see this year if he is or not, this will be his 3rd season as a player in an offense that he should be able to produce in. I find it a little odd we'd dump the guy for being hurt when it was his QB who left him out to dry on 1 of them but that's why im not paid big $ to run a team.

Dude you got short memory or don't realize how this forum is. Oliver was considered bust with all his injuries, and many here used it as ammunition to criticize Caldwell.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 05:40 PM by Cleatwood.)

(05-10-2021, 05:30 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 05:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Oliver is a bust and yet he’s still a better option than Tebow.

How so? you have no objective proof of your latter statement; Oliver has not shown any promise even when on the field. If he had a few lightning games, sure. But neither is there any proof that Tebow will be good or bad. we don't know. It's literally a flyer, a cheap one at that. Don't like the signing? Sure. But the incessant whining is comical, because even if Tebow gets 300 yards and 2 TD's this season, he will already have more production then Oliver in multiple seasons, and nobody is giving any chance to any of this staff. Hopefully one Meter is fired we hire you to really turn this franchise around!
Has Oliver played more NFL games at TE than Tebow? Has he caught more passes? Does he have more yards?

The answer to those questions is yes which makes him better than Tebow until Tebow actually plays a real NFL game at TE.

And no one is whining. Just because many of us disagree with the signing, it doesn’t mean it’s whining. 

Hopefully he doesn’t even make the roster but the move is already being laughed at by many smart people in the football world. It’s not just this message board.

Yea I wasn't a fan of that Oliver trade then and I'm still not a fan of it after seeing what we did in FA/Draft at TE.

I never claimed Oliver to be anything but a young guy with potential. Never called him a bust, never said he was going to be good. I just think giving up on a high 3rd round pick after 2 seasons is too soon. Especially when we have a TE room that's this weak.

Thumbs Down 

Why not just stick Lawrence at TE and let Tebow play whatever position he feels like each week.

So tired of this franchises dumb decisions.

(05-10-2021, 05:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

Yea I wasn't a fan of that Oliver trade then and I'm still not a fan of it after seeing what we did in FA/Draft at TE.

I never claimed Oliver to be anything but a young guy with potential. Never called him a bust, never said he was going to be good. I just think giving up on a high 3rd round pick after 2 seasons is too soon. Especially when we have a TE room that's this weak.

No I get you. You're usually reasonable, giving things time. Others are just flip flopping positions so they can continue to complain about every single thing this new regime does even though they haven't even went through training camp.