Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(05-17-2021, 11:38 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Minshew ain’t giving up #15

Gonna be funny to see him wearing number 89 or something like 83.

He will wear number 5. It’s available at that’s his high school number and what he wore in NE.

Side note: Last night Frangie interviewed Urban and Urban stated they want 7 TEs for camp and we currently only have 5. I’m guessing we sign Tebow and then bring in another guy via trade and or someone who gets cut.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-17-2021, 11:38 PM)Dimson Wrote: For those who think Tebow is too old to make a come back. 

[Image: 187572340_10165133283070182_194920078698...e=60C8E046]

So perhaps you could expand on this some more.  You post a picture of Teboo and this says something?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-18-2021, 08:25 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 11:38 PM)Dimson Wrote: For those who think Tebow is too old to make a come back. 

[Image: 187572340_10165133283070182_194920078698...e=60C8E046]

So perhaps you could expand on this some more.  You post a picture of Teboo and this says something?

Tebow and Jesus both making a comeback at age 33, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2021, 08:59 AM by Mikey.)

(05-14-2021, 10:35 PM)TearExtractor Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 08:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote: This is patently false.

In fact, this won't be true until...

1.  Anti Tebow fans put up a banner across the I-95 pedestrian overpass urging the team to NOT sign Tebow;

2.  Anti Tebow fans petition the president via government website to prohibit the team from signing Tebow;

3.  Anti Tebow fans abandon their Jaguars fandom because the team signs Tebow;

4.  Anti Tebow fans show up at the stadium wearing sandwich board signs urging the team to NOT sign Tebow.

Its patently true based on:

1. This thread and the rest of reality.

Imagine putting this much effort into something you dont like...

I dont like broccoli, should I post 45674356765786876585769878967906098789078907890789079807890789 times on the internet about how much I dont like broccoli? WAIT, someone over there said they might use 1/90th of a piece of broccoli in a recipe, I simply cant have this travesty take part on my watch! Off to complain on the internet I go, even though my opinion doesn't affect the situation whatsoever!

If we were on a food-based message board, I could see a lengthy argument about some chef trying out broccoli to replace ground round.

That you think this is only "Ppl don't like Timmah" shows you don't get the argument at all.

(05-16-2021, 08:21 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Let's face it.. People are going to whine if he's signed, people are going to whine if he isn't.. Either way, whining will ensue..

Welcome to message boards.

Interesting short ESPNU/SiriusXM interview with Greg McElroy who was a teammate of Tim's on the Jets...

(listen to the audio link embedded in the article)
https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-south/jackso...ow-jaguars

I'm not sure why they don't have him try out for fullback. He's too short, slow and can't catch to be a tight end.

(05-18-2021, 10:32 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: I'm not sure why they don't have him try out for fullback. He's too short, slow and can't catch to be a tight end.
That's what I'm thinking...Hback.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(05-18-2021, 10:32 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: I'm not sure why they don't have him try out for fullback. He's too short, slow and can't catch to be a tight end.

Or just sign a FB if you want one...

I agree Tebow would do better as a FB than at TE, but you know who would be better? A 22-25 year old player with NFL traits that has played that position for a decade. Since FB is just about the least valuable position in football, I imagine there are a lot of choices available on the market right now.

(05-18-2021, 10:32 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: I'm not sure why they don't have him try out for fullback.  He's too short, slow and can't catch to be a tight end.
This is just getting sad.

"Let's make sure we find a random position for this has been QB."

(05-18-2021, 11:07 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-18-2021, 10:32 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: I'm not sure why they don't have him try out for fullback.  He's too short, slow and can't catch to be a tight end.

Well, you're just going to have to get used to it.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

If Vince Papale can come from behind the bar to impact the Eagles why not Tim Tebow?

[Image: 220px-Invincible_movie.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2021, 11:49 AM by wrong_box.)

(05-17-2021, 03:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [quote='wrong_box' pid='1380010' dateline='1621232769']
Do you think Its going to be UM college offense or Bevell's offense? Maybe a combination? Maybe UM offensive philosophy and Bevell scheme?
UM has stated it would be his (Meyer's) offense.

I believe Bevell and Schottenheimer may add some tweaks here and there, but I'm led to believe that it will be Meyer's offense.

Basically the same question was asked in the Ozone today and here is the answer that was posted:

"In the  Jaguars' case this offseason, the respective staffs – offensive and defensive – sat down shortly upon being assembled and put together the playbooks page by page. In the case of the offense, for example, that was as basic as deciding how players would line up in the huddle. The schemes were put together, with each staff – with Meyer overseeing the process - -deciding what personnel groupings and formations would be used in what situation and what terminology would be used to describe groupings and plays. The result of this process is that while the offensive and defensive schemes will bring elements of all the coaches' past stops, the schemes will be unique to this staff and the Jaguars' personnel. That's how offenses and defenses evolve. A major element of this is terminology. So, if the Jaguars' offensive terminology moving forward indeed is heavily based on offenses Bevell has run in the past, then a player such as Jones – who played for Bevell in Detroit the past two seasons – indeed would have a bit of an advantage early over a player who never had been around a team that uses similar terminology."

"

(05-18-2021, 11:47 AM)wrong_box Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 03:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 02:26 AM)wrong_box Wrote: Do you think Its going to be UM college offense or Bevell's offense? Maybe a combination? Maybe UM offensive philosophy and Bevell scheme?
UM has stated it would be his (Meyer's) offense.

I believe Bevell and Schottenheimer may add some tweaks here and there, but I'm led to believe that it will be Meyer's offense.

Basically the same question was asked in the Ozone today and here is the answer that was posted:

"In the  Jaguars' case this offseason, the respective staffs – offensive and defensive – sat down shortly upon being assembled and put together the playbooks page by page. In the case of the offense, for example, that was as basic as deciding how players would line up in the huddle. The schemes were put together, with each staff – with Meyer overseeing the process - -deciding what personnel groupings and formations would be used in what situation and what terminology would be used to describe groupings and plays. The result of this process is that while the offensive and defensive schemes will bring elements of all the coaches' past stops, the schemes will be unique to this staff and the Jaguars' personnel. That's how offenses and defenses evolve. A major element of this is terminology. So, if the Jaguars' offensive terminology moving forward indeed is heavily based on offenses Bevell has run in the past, then a player such as Jones – who played for Bevell in Detroit the past two seasons – indeed would have a bit of an advantage early over a player who never had been around a team that uses similar terminology."

"
https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2021/2/16/...-by-bevell
Quote:“His ability to adapt to my vision of the offense, which is little different maybe than he’s done in the past,” Meyer said one of the best qualities he saw in Bevell. “The flexibility and not rigidness was very important to me because we do have the first pick in the draft and there is a vision I have about the style of offense. I’m certainly not going to call plays, that’s his responsibility, but I have a real clear vision about what I want the offense to look like and he was great.”

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2021, 02:31 PM by Mikey.)

So instead of trying him out for a position he never played, try him out for a position he never played that also is not a component of the offense?

Eventually the excavator should just stop digging.

(05-18-2021, 11:07 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Maybe the ticket booth is where he'd sell the most tickets?

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2021, 02:38 PM by Jag88.)

He will sell some tickets. There a lot of gator fans that will love this. Trust it

(05-18-2021, 02:37 PM)Jag88 Wrote: He will sell some tickets. There a lot of gator fans that will love this. Trust it

The thought of one of these type loser pukes sitting next to me in the stadium is nauseating. The only fun could be their expressions/reactions as I verbally abuse the item of their affection.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

He should be the holder and protect our All-Pro from potential harm.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-18-2021, 10:04 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Interesting short ESPNU/SiriusXM interview with Greg McElroy who was a teammate of Tim's on the Jets...

McElroy spitting hard facts right here and he seen it first hand and up close.

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2021, 04:54 PM by RicoTx.)

(05-18-2021, 04:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(05-18-2021, 10:04 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Interesting short ESPNU/SiriusXM interview with Greg McElroy who was a teammate of Tim's on the Jets...

McElroy spitting hard facts right here and he seen it first hand and up close.

Well, and this:

“Everyone’s saying ‘oh he’s finally doing what he should’ve done 10 years ago by switching to tight end.’ Y’all, we were with him on the Jets. They tried to switch him to tight end, he wasn’t good. That’s what you do in college. ‘Oh they’ll just use him as a Taysom Hill player.’ Tim ran a 4.8, Taysom Hill runs a 4.4. They’re just two totally different players. Tim is a good dude and I hope the best for him but it’s a sideshow. That’s what it will be come training camp time. I think it kind of undercuts, undermines what Urban Meyer is trying to build. I’m not saying… maybe he makes the team, maybe he doesn’t but it’s going to take away from the task at hand which is trying to put together the most competitive roster in camp.

“I’m sure there’s going to be players, as someone who’s gone through training camp with Tim, there’s going to be players rolling their eyes at how much attention the fourth or fifth string tight end gets. It’s going to piss people off. As a result, it’s going to affect locker room chemistry, like it did with us with the Jets. Not because there’s animosity towards Tim, but there’s animosity toward the coverage Tim receives. I think that’s a stupid move.”

LOL

He's probably just a 'hater'.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]