Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

Urban Meyer seems so much more humble than a lot of people on this board make him out to be. He openly acknowledges that he's new to certain aspects.. he's not pretending to be jesus lol.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-21-2021, 12:30 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 12:29 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Very observant of you. Unfortunately for the Jags Khan will give him 5-7 years to prove me right

Meyer isn't built that way. If he feels he is a failure, he will resign long before 7 years

I think you meant lie about a health issue and bail long before 7 years .
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2021, 01:09 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(05-21-2021, 12:54 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 12:30 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: He's going to fail.. he's no where close to as intelligent as Nick Saban who also failed miserably... but Urban's twice as arrogant.

Apparently I do. As do most NFL fans, analysts and experts.

It's only idiot College fans that think he can succeed.

FTFY

Saban didn't fail. He left because he didn't have full control over the roster. I don't blame him for leaving.

And this is the mentality of the College fan. He quit because the QB he chose over Drew Brees (Daunte Freakin' Culpepper) sucked. And no, it had nothing to do with the doctors.. the "doctors" allowed Daunte (a running QB) to come to Miami just off an ACL.... yet they said no to Brees on a minor shoulder injury? Please. Saban can override anyone he wants.

(05-21-2021, 01:07 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Urban Meyer seems so much more humble than a lot of people on this board make him out to be. He openly acknowledges that he's new to certain aspects.. he's not pretending to be jesus lol.

My God he is so good at PR. Or his marketing guys are.

How in the world can you really believe this garbage? Have you never even heard him speak?

This was BOUND to happen... idiots who don't care about the Jags coming out of the woodwork to defend their messiah. Please go back to the Jorts forum you came from. Please... this is for actual football discussion.. not a place to salivate over a never-was loser.

Welcome Pendragon.. I don't care if you're a Tebow fan, Meyer fan or TLaw fan, welcome aboard. Whatever keeps ya here, maybe one day you'll turn into a fan of the team. Plenty of room on the bandwagon, jump aboard..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-21-2021, 12:57 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 12:47 PM)prime winner Wrote: Isn't that precious, you ride with TrivialBS ? You are a football genius as well? Well why are you flopping whoppers instead of making tons of money coaching/scouting? 

BTW, I don't care if Tebow makes the team or not, or if Urban is the coach in a few years. I want the Jags to succeed and I want to see Trevor light up the NFL for many years.

Wow that is so original!

Why do you get so mad though?

Why has Meyer quit before??
Why has Tebow been out of the league for years? 
why has no one bother to sign Tebow all these years?
why did they Broncos gave up on him?
why did the Jets gave up on him?
Really? you are a Jags fan? so how come since this genius billionaire (Khan) became the owner this franchise has been garbage? the same billionaire who hired Caldwell, Mularkey, Bradley....
What happened to all those succesful College HCs who failed at the NFL?? why did they fail? why is Meyer one of the exceptions?

Bradley, Gene Smith, Mularkey, Caldwell are all geniuses since they have/had a job in the NFL and were/are making millions!

To answer your questions, Tebow was/is not a very good pro player, Meyer is a quitter that is very good at COLLEGE football, and Khan appears to listen to the wrong football experts. I guess he should hire you to consult him. Again, I don't care about Tebow and Meyer, I want this mess over with so we can focus on Trevor and the future.

(05-21-2021, 12:54 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 12:30 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: He's going to fail.. he's no where close to as intelligent as Nick Saban who also failed miserably... but Urban's twice as arrogant.

Apparently I do. As do most NFL fans, analysts and experts.

It's only idiot College fans that think he can succeed.

FTFY

Saban didn't fail. He left because he didn't have full control over the roster. I don't blame him for leaving.

15-17. Same as Doug Marrone with the Bills.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-21-2021, 01:15 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 12:54 PM)Dimson Wrote: Saban didn't fail. He left because he didn't have full control over the roster. I don't blame him for leaving.

15-17. Same as Doug Marrone with the Bills.

Hey maybe if Miami had stuck with Saban, they could have fluked into a once in a decade winning season as well.  Welcome aboard all comers but sorry if it seems crazy that I want an end to the franchise of misery.

We finally... finally after 40 years of wandering in the wilderness get a player that could be the answer and instead while TLaw is up on the mountain we got Meyer dancing around forming the golden calf.  I'm getting old and don't want to moses it up in my grave look at the promise land instead of stepping into it.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

1 year, 920k..

We finally get away from bologna and ice cream but people can't be happy or a little optimistic. Let's see what happens and how it plays out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDfhRrWaHC4

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-21-2021, 02:35 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDfhRrWaHC4

The sad part? The sycophantic College fans will say NUH UH HES A WINNAH HE DONE DID WIN DEM DER COLLAGE CHAMPEEENSHIPS!

Ugh.. This is the stigma we want to be rid of. Please go away Jorts.. please.

(05-21-2021, 02:41 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 02:35 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDfhRrWaHC4

The sad part? The sycophantic College fans will say NUH UH HES A WINNAH HE DONE DID WIN DEM DER COLLAGE CHAMPEEENSHIPS!

Absolutely right.

I threw up in my mouth a but when he talked about the five game stretch and people clamoring for Tebow to play QB.

We look bad here.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

This thread is gold, hahahahaha.

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2021, 03:01 PM by RicoTx.)

(05-21-2021, 02:51 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 02:41 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: The sad part? The sycophantic College fans will say NUH UH HES A WINNAH HE DONE DID WIN DEM DER COLLAGE CHAMPEEENSHIPS!

Absolutely right.

I threw up in my mouth a but when he talked about the five game stretch and people clamoring for Tebow to play QB.

We look bad here.

Embarrassing, as I said very early on in this thread.

And you just know they'll waste a roster spot on him.

Everybody whines about the media disrespecting us but those some of those same people are fine with this.

(05-21-2021, 02:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This thread is gold, hahahahaha.

..from the resident Tebow cultist.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

What an [BLEEP]!

Oh no's.. a diss from Colin Cowherd.. That's never happened before lolol

(05-21-2021, 03:03 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Oh no's.. a diss from Colin Cowherd.. That's never happened before lolol

And for the very first time a very significant portion of the fanbase agrees. How is that a positive thing to laugh about?

Meyer said:

NO DISTRACTIONS.

Exhibit one on him being a liar.... he's going to ruin our franchise. Sigh.

(05-21-2021, 03:05 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 03:03 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Oh no's.. a diss from Colin Cowherd.. That's never happened before lolol

And for the very first time a very significant portion of the fanbase agrees. How is that a positive thing to laugh about?

Meyer said:

NO DISTRACTIONS.

If you don't think for one second, that this team didn't sign Tebow, Colin and his ilk wouldn't find something else to shred this organization about, you haven't been paying attention..

(05-21-2021, 01:06 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 12:45 PM)Pendragon Wrote: A long time ago I was at SEC media days and they were interviewing Coach Spurrier and they asked him, "Coach, how do you feel about all the players Georgia is returning this year?"

Spurrier answered, "Great!"  

The reporter said, "But aren't you worried about all that experience they will have on defense?"  

Spurrier responded, "Experience at what?  Losing?"

The point is, what the Jags have been doing isn't working (take out 2017 and, well...).  Urban and Tim are winners.  Trevor and Etienne are winners.  Tim is a guy who knows Urban, his system and his philosophy and can interact with other players in ways that the head coach can't.  In my opinion, Tim is here to help change the mentality, bring some excitement, increase ticket sales (three season tix for me if he makes the team), not because he is Kyle Pitts.

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/tim...s-24-hours

How'd Spurrier make out in the NFL?

The HUUUUUUUUGE difference between our two number one picks and Timmy are they are a) young and b) have actually...you know...played their respective positions.

And, your last sentence is the EXACT issue.  You are not in any, way, shape or form a fan of THIS TEAM.  As are most of the others yahoos that this thing will bring on board.

He did better than any Assistant or Coordinator we would have hired to be our HC

We would have hired Gus Bradley 2.0 posting a 2-15 and 4-13 record the season after, then finally going 1-16 before getting the axe.

(05-21-2021, 03:07 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 03:05 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: And for the very first time a very significant portion of the fanbase agrees. How is that a positive thing to laugh about?

Meyer said:

NO DISTRACTIONS.

If you don't think for one second, that this team didn't sign Tebow, Colin and his ilk wouldn't find something else to shred this organization about, you haven't been paying attention..

That's not even what pisses me off about his sorry spiel...  He lost me right off the bat with the we have no fanbase in our "college" town bull crap.