Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(05-21-2021, 03:10 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 03:07 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: If you don't think for one second, that this team didn't sign Tebow, Colin and his ilk wouldn't find something else to shred this organization about, you haven't been paying attention..

That's not even what pisses me off about his sorry spiel...  He lost me right off the bat with the we have no fanbase in our "college" town bull crap.

Colin is known for tearing down teams to build himself up.. He's not the only one who does it though.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-21-2021, 03:10 PM)jaglyn Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 01:06 PM)RicoTx Wrote: How'd Spurrier make out in the NFL?

The HUUUUUUUUGE difference between our two number one picks and Timmy are they are a) young and b) have actually...you know...played their respective positions.

And, your last sentence is the EXACT issue.  You are not in any, way, shape or form a fan of THIS TEAM.  As are most of the others yahoos that this thing will bring on board.

He did better than any Assistant or Coordinator we would have hired to be our HC

We would have hired Gus Bradley 2.0 posting a 2-15 and 4-13 record the season after, then finally going 1-16 before getting the axe.

I'm not sure what the relevance is...but...OK.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Gata fan struggling today to decide between a shiny new Tebow jersey or using duct tape on his Minshew jersey and spending that money on his Meth habit like usual.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-21-2021, 03:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Gata fan struggling today to decide between a shiny new Tebow jersey or using duct tape on his Minshew jersey and spending that money on his Meth habit like usual.

All meth heads, gata fans or not, are going for the duct tape option.

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2021, 04:00 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

(05-21-2021, 03:01 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 02:35 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDfhRrWaHC4

What an [BLEEP]!

Yeah... i don't call him cowturd for no good reason. 90% of his takes are hot garbage. He acts like you could plop the jaguars anywhere else and they'd all of a sudden be social media darlings. No, they wouldn't, because they suck [BLEEP]. No one follows a loser and the Jags are massive losers.

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2021, 04:03 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(05-21-2021, 04:00 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 03:01 PM)scottyg Wrote: What an [BLEEP]!

Yeah... i don't call him cowturd for no good reason. 90% of his takes are hot garbage. He acts like you could plop the jaguars anywhere else and they'd all of a sudden be social media darlings. No, they wouldn't, because they suck [BLEEP]. No one follows a loser and the Jags are massive losers.

You're not paying attention.

No big, actual, relevant to the world city gives a CRAP about a College YAY WHAT A GUY story. The same people clamoring for Tebow are the same ones that want us renamed to Cowford as was originally intended.

It's just awful and I hate it. I want Jacksonville to thrive... not die.

(05-21-2021, 02:35 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDfhRrWaHC4

Colin Cowherd is a moron and the king of hot takes.  Why anyone cares about his opinion is unexplainable.  He is a big team, big city bandwagon fan.  He was all Patriots all the time when he was at ESPN.  Now he loves the Rams, etc.  He panders for eyeballs, ears, and clicks.  

The Jags have no fan base?  We had higher home attendance in 2019 better than:  Miami, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Detroit, Arizona, Indy, Oakland, Tampa, Cincy, and the Chargers.  Talk about a franchise that could be moved and no one would care, look at the Chargers.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2021, 04:32 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(05-21-2021, 04:25 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Colin Cowherd is a moron and the king of hot takes.  Why anyone cares about his opinion is unexplainable.  He is a big team, big city bandwagon fan.  He was all Patriots all the time when he was at ESPN.  Now he loves the Rams, etc.  He panders for eyeballs, ears, and clicks.  

The Jags have no fan base?  We had higher home attendance in 2019 better than:  Miami, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Detroit, Arizona, Indy, Oakland, Tampa, Cincy, and the Chargers.  Talk about a franchise that could be moved and no one would care, look at the Chargers.

We are a "big city". And if we aren't yet... we need to be there, we need to get there. A city on a river like the St. Johns should be twice this size... so we need to start acting like we deserve to be a big city...... We need to act like it... and this Urban Meyer good ole boys club destroys any chance we have at it.

Kudos to Khan for making us look like the backwater we apparently want to be.

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2021, 04:38 PM by WingerDinger.)

(05-21-2021, 04:25 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:

Colin Cowherd is a moron and the king of hot takes.  Why anyone cares about his opinion is unexplainable.  He is a big team, big city bandwagon fan.  He was all Patriots all the time when he was at ESPN.  Now he loves the Rams, etc.  He panders for eyeballs, ears, and clicks.  

He gets paid to tear down teams and players.. That's what draws a crowd.  People like drama and people like turmoil. This thread is a great example of that..

Jax just makes his job easy most of the time..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2021, 04:44 PM by I am Yoda.)

(05-21-2021, 01:07 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: And this is the mentality of the College fan. He quit because the QB he chose over Drew Brees (Daunte Freakin' Culpepper) sucked. And no, it had nothing to do with the doctors.. the "doctors" allowed Daunte (a running QB) to come to Miami just off an ACL.... yet they said no to Brees on a minor shoulder injury? Please. Saban can override anyone he wants.  He could not at Miami. He didn't have that kind of control there.

You continually toss this out as an insult to anyone who disagrees with your opinion.  You make counter-factual declarations as if they are fact.  People can love and follow the Jags without passing your bizarre and toxic litmus tests.  They can like Urban Meyer, Tim Tebow, Travis Etienne, and anyone else they have a connection to and still have at least as much football knowledge as you.  Get over yourself.  Let others enjoy and express their opinions just like you strongly express yours.  They are fans of the team you claim to be a fan of.

And if all of this is just too upsetting, take a break, man.  It will resolve itself by the end of August.  I predict we will enjoy the best Jaguars football this year we have seen in a long time.  And all of these near stroke moments will have been for nothing.

(05-21-2021, 04:30 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 04:25 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Colin Cowherd is a moron and the king of hot takes.  Why anyone cares about his opinion is unexplainable.  He is a big team, big city bandwagon fan.  He was all Patriots all the time when he was at ESPN.  Now he loves the Rams, etc.  He panders for eyeballs, ears, and clicks.  

We are a "big city". And if we aren't yet... we need to be there, we need to get there. A city on a river like the St. Johns should be twice this size... so we need to start acting like we deserve to be a big city...... We need to act like it... and this Urban Meyer good ole boys club destroys any chance we have at it.

Why?  Why would you want to emulate the mega-cities?  Jax can be big on its own terms with its own culture, personality, and vibe.

Here's a clue:  an NFL team will not hold a city back from growth and prosperity.
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2021, 04:56 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(05-21-2021, 04:39 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 01:07 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: And this is the mentality of the College fan. He quit because the QB he chose over Drew Brees (Daunte Freakin' Culpepper) sucked. And no, it had nothing to do with the doctors.. the "doctors" allowed Daunte (a running QB) to come to Miami just off an ACL.... yet they said no to Brees on a minor shoulder injury? Please. Saban can override anyone he wants.  He could not at Miami. He didn't have that kind of control there[b].

You continually toss this out as an insult to anyone who disagrees with your opinion.  You make counter-factual declarations as if they are fact.  People can love and follow the Jags without passing your bizarre and toxic litmus tests.  They can like Urban Meyer, Tim Tebow, Travis Etienne, and anyone else they have a connection to and still have at least as much football knowledge as you.  Get over yourself.  Let others enjoy and express their opinions just like you strongly express yours.  They are fans of the team you claim to be a fan of.

And if all of this is just too upsetting, take a break, man.  It will resolve itself by the end of August.  I predict we will enjoy the best Jaguars football this year we have seen in a long time.  And all of these near stroke moments will have been for nothing.

(05-21-2021, 04:30 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: We are a "big city". And if we aren't yet... [b]we need to be there, we need to get there. A city on a river like the St. Johns should be twice this size... so we need to start acting like we deserve to be a big city...... We need to act like it... and this Urban Meyer good ole boys club destroys any chance we have at it.

Why?  Why would you want to emulate the mega-cities?  Jax can be big on its own terms with its own culture, personality, and vibe.

Here's a clue:  an NFL team will not hold a city back from growth and prosperity.

So...

My fears are true.

The sycophantic college fans do want us to remain a small town nothing. Great.

I want to be wrong with my pessimism. I really do.. but every single time it's proven correct.

And yes Saban could.. multiple news outlets said as much. He had full control over everything - including overruling their concern on Daunte Culpeppers knee. HE thought Brees was done but still to this day blames the same doctors who recommended not signing Daunte. It's laughable.

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2021, 05:04 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

Quote:I am Yoda

You should just move to Callahan and enjoy the cows.

(05-21-2021, 04:48 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 04:39 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: You continually toss this out as an insult to anyone who disagrees with your opinion.  You make counter-factual declarations as if they are fact.  People can love and follow the Jags without passing your bizarre and toxic litmus tests.  They can like Urban Meyer, Tim Tebow, Travis Etienne, and anyone else they have a connection to and still have at least as much football knowledge as you.  Get over yourself.  Let others enjoy and express their opinions just like you strongly express yours.  They are fans of the team you claim to be a fan of.

So...

My fears are true.

I want to be wrong with my pessimism. I really do.. but every single time it's proven correct.

And yes Saban could.. multiple news outlets said as much. He had full control over everything - including overruling their concern on Daunte Culpeppers knee. HE thought Brees was done but still to this day blames the same doctors who recommended not signing Daunte. It's laughable.

There you go again.  A college fan is anyone who disagrees with your myopic point of view.  You are only convincing yourself.

If you yearn so deeply for the "relevance" and "success" of New York, LA, Chicago, whatever, ain't nobody holding you back but you.  U-haul is open 7 days a week.  Set a goal that is Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-based.  Then live your dream.
Fix the O-Line!

(05-21-2021, 05:12 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 04:48 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: So...

My fears are true.

There you go again.  A college fan is anyone who disagrees with your myopic point of view.  You are only convincing yourself.

If you yearn so deeply for the "relevance" and "success" of New York, LA, Chicago, whatever, ain't nobody holding you back but you.  U-haul is open 7 days a week.  Set a goal that is Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-based.  Then live your dream.

Name one serious NFL fan, analyst or expert that says this is a good move for a rookie HC that claims he wants no distractions...

Here's a hint... you won't find one.

College fans? Sure, lots. Because they are stupid. College coaches can recruit 6000 people and then pick from the 100 that are actually good.

Is this a game day thread? Haha

(05-21-2021, 05:18 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 05:12 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: There you go again.  A college fan is anyone who disagrees with your myopic point of view.  You are only convincing yourself.

Name one serious NFL fan, analyst or expert that says this is a good move for a rookie HC that claims he wants no distractions...

Here's a hint... you won't find one.

College fans? Sure, lots. Because they are stupid. College coaches can recruit 6000 people and then pick from the 100 that are actually good.

There are plenty of NFL analysts that aren't ripping the signing.  The outrage peddlers are.  But that's what they do.

Also, there is another take in between "good signing" and "bad signing".  It's "won't make much of a difference signing".  Almost no one on this board thinks he'll make the team, except Mantezee.  I don't think anyone other than Rex Ryan among commentators think he will.  If, if, IF he were to make it, it would be as an H-back not a receiving TE.  I think it's too much of a long shot.  But if he makes it to the final roster, I'll be happy for him because he's a good dude and a hard worker.  And I will trust the staff to give Urban honest feedback on whether Tebow deserves it or not.

I'm mystified that TE has not been seriously addressed this off-season.  I would have drafted differently than Meyer/Baalke did.  But I was looking at all the rankings and watching highlights of the usual suspects.  I would probably have reached at 33 and drafted Friermuth.  Campbell wasn't on my radar and I didn't see CB as a priority need.  At this point, I'm not sure any of the free agents are a significant upgrade over O'Shaughnessy.
Fix the O-Line!

Honestly you could UHaul out of Florida any day you want if your destinations are the Utopias of NY, IL, CA, NJ, et all. As someone living in an explosive growth mega city be happy with where you are overall. I can totally understand the frustration with lack of downtown development and First Baptist putting the Kibosh on nice things but DFW is a magnet for everything and it is like watching Texas being ruined. Locusts escaping those hip and wonderful places, to vote for the very things that taxed them to death.

As a family, we miss Florida overall but work is here.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

It was only a few weeks ago this place was united for once with what Trevor Lawrence could bring.

Now look at it.

And the worst thing is due to the change in cuts this is going to roll right til the end of preseason.

If he makes this 53 man roster, it'll be a lose-lose for this team.

It means he's either getting a free ride from his boy Urb, or it's because this TE room is so god awful. And while this TE room isn't any good to begin with, there's still plenty of better options out there than Tebow, so it'll definitely be because he's getting a free ride.

If he makes this 53, he'll be the 3rd oldest TE in the league, which will basically be his rookie season at 34 years old.

It's stupid but entertaining to argue about someone who might not make the team and could be a back bench-er Sign of the times. May june and july