Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

So here's my apologist/conspiracist take that I just made up and don't really believe: Urban Meyer, being the genius that he is, learned how the media works during his years working for Fox Sports. He sold Khan on his ability to manipulate the media to generate buzz for the Jaguars and increase merchandise sales. Knowing that one of the biggest struggles for rookie QBs is the attention of the national media, he called Tebow to ask if he'd join the team to distract their attention from Lawrence. This would allow the young rookie to develop without the scrutiny of the reporters. It also increases jersey sales. Meyers is a genius. Either that or he's a tone-deaf narcissist that's oblivious to the tensions in the modern day NFL. One or the other.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-21-2021, 06:29 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: So here's my apologist/conspiracist take that I just made up and don't really believe: Urban Meyer, being the genius that he is, learned how the media works during his years working for Fox Sports. He sold Khan on his ability to manipulate the media to generate buzz for the Jaguars and increase merchandise sales. Knowing that one of the biggest struggles for rookie QBs is the attention of the national media, he called Tebow to ask if he'd join the team to distract their attention from Lawrence. This would allow the young rookie to develop without the scrutiny of the reporters. It also increases jersey sales. Meyers is a genius. Either that or he's a tone-deaf narcissist that's oblivious to the tensions in the modern day NFL. One or the other.

I vote option B.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-21-2021, 06:29 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: So here's my apologist/conspiracist take that I just made up and don't really believe: Urban Meyer, being the genius that he is, learned how the media works during his years working for Fox Sports. He sold Khan on his ability to manipulate the media to generate buzz for the Jaguars and increase merchandise sales. Knowing that one of the biggest struggles for rookie QBs is the attention of the national media, he called Tebow to ask if he'd join the team to distract their attention from Lawrence. This would allow the young rookie to develop without the scrutiny of the reporters. It also increases jersey sales. Meyers is a genius. Either that or he's a tone-deaf narcissist that's oblivious to the tensions in the modern day NFL. One or the other.

To further add to that, it would only cost the team a little over 950k to do, since that's Tebow's contract..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I don't see the sense in the signing but that is one theory I'd considered too. It's just crazy enough to be possible but I really think he just decided to bring the guy in on a trial and maybe thought Tebow's work ethic would be a good influence. I dunno. Could he be that unaware of the controversy it would cause? Maybe but that's a whole other can of worms.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

The circus has started...

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2021, 07:27 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

If I could mention religion this is where I'd scream it. I mean look at fat boy's 34 year old double chin....

That cowherd clip pissed me off so much man. Good lord that guy needs a bottle broken over his head.

I mean, I agree that it is a stupid move. Ridicule the organization not an entire city worth of fans.

This was kinda expected.. 10 years ago, he had kids all over the country imitating him by 'Tebowing' after a big play.. Those kids are now adults with jobs and are probably helping to drive the market for his merch..

(05-21-2021, 07:30 PM)rufftime Wrote: That cowherd clip pissed me off so much man.  Good lord that guy needs a bottle broken over his head.

I mean, I agree that it is a stupid move.  Ridicule the organization not an entire city worth of fans.

That's his schtick, dude..

Lawrence has been a main stay in the media since he was in middle school. Hes been under constant pressure since then. He was the face of college football for the past 3 years at Clemson. That's a huge amount of pressure and media attention.

Him coming to Jacksonville is probably the least amount of pressure/attention he'd have since high school. There's no chance being the face of the little ol Jags is more pressure than being the face of all of college football.

(05-21-2021, 07:44 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

Lawrence has been a main stay in the media since he was in middle school. Hes been under constant pressure since then. He was the face of college football for the past 3 years at Clemson. That's a huge amount of pressure and media attention.

Him coming to Jacksonville is probably the least amount of pressure/attention he'd have since high school. There's no chance being the face of the little ol Jags is more pressure than being the face of all of college football.

^^ Desperation to justify this stupid move.  It is more likely he is doing a solid for a friend to get him a pension.

You can argue but Teebow knows Meyer's system... blah why do we have coaches then? Why is he changing positions?  This is just cash grab nonsense.  Jersey purchases have probably already paid for his annual salary.

Don't care about Cowlick in the least.  It is click baity nonsense like most things now a day.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Cowherd has an incredibly punchable face

(05-21-2021, 08:48 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Cowherd has an incredibly punchable face

Have to Stephen A. Smith runner up on that one..

(05-21-2021, 09:01 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 08:48 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Cowherd has an incredibly punchable face

Have to Stephen A. Smith runner up on that one..

[Image: 4d4045124bd7c82276020000?width=400&forma...&auto=webp]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-21-2021, 09:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 09:01 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Have to Stephen A. Smith runner up on that one..

[Image: 4d4045124bd7c82276020000?width=400&forma...&auto=webp]

I stand corrected.. I forgot about that waste of oxygen..

Does anyone have footage of today's practice?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2021, 09:25 PM by WingerDinger.)

(05-21-2021, 09:21 PM)Dimson Wrote: Does anyone have footage of today's practice?

I'm surprised that we had footage from yesterday. I thought the first couple of days of that camp were supposed to be closed?

(05-21-2021, 09:25 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 09:21 PM)Dimson Wrote: Does anyone have footage of today's practice?

I'm surprised that we had footage from yesterday. I thought the first couple of days of that camp were supposed to be closed?

That is what I am trying to find out, lol. That or at least hear some reports on how Tebow did.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-21-2021, 09:26 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 09:25 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'm surprised that we had footage from yesterday. I thought the first couple of days of that camp were supposed to be closed?

That is what I am trying to find out, lol. That or at least hear some reports on how Tebow did.

Initial reports are that he looked like the love child of George Kittle and Travis Kelce with the blocking ability of Marcedes Lewis.